Comments from/to non spanish forumers

Coloca aquí tus opiniones acerca de la web, ideas, sugerencias, listas...

Moderator: N0W1K

Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Braderie de Lille : largest flea market in all of Europe

Post by Jes »

Jackgaillard wrote:Braderie de Lille : largest flea market in all of Europe = 1st and 2 of september 2012 (to track you notes)
Just an hour outside of Paris by TGV, the town of Lille is home to one of the most anticipated events in France: the annual two-day Braderie de Lille. As the largest flea market in all of Europe, this event now attracts almost two million visitors each September.

The “Braderie” (French for “sell at a low price”) offers over 10,000 exhibitors hawking their wares with everything from knick-knacks to treasures. Saturday kicks off the Braderie de Lille, and as with any yard sale, the first day offers the best selection. Note that “window shopping” is allowed on Saturday morning, but the sale does not officially begin until 2:00 p.m.

With over 100 Km (62 miles) of vendors, the Braderie de Lille is divided up into sections: the smaller boulevards, the friendlier non-professional vendors (where you’ll find smaller antiques, records, and books), and the larger streets where there’s a huge selection of new ethnic items for sale, including fabulous artwork and paintings.

http://www.thecircumference.org/braderie-de-lille" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Merci. J'irai à Paris le 31 Août. On vera... ;)
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Comments from/to non spanish forumers

Post by LArdennais »

@Josepepe : "Muchas gracias" for this :flag-es: -> :flag-be: Hit !!! :D

https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=115916905

I have had this note during my work, as bus driver into Namur :flag-be: .
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

No sabía muy bien dónde poner esto... si en el "cajón de sastre" o aquí (ya que el mensaje va dirigido más bien a usuarios que sepan un mínimo de inglés). En cualquier caso, si creéis que el mensaje no está bien aquí, tiene fácil arreglo. ;)

Voy al grano:

Hay un estudiante que está haciendo un trabajo en su colegio y está realizando una encuesta sobre EBT. No se tarda ni dos minutos en completarla y podemos darle una pequeña ayuda al estudiante. Para todo aquel que quiera participar... he aquí el enlace (en inglés):
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51819&p=984571#p984539" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Hi ! Sorry if there are horrible mistakes in the message below, I used Google translation :lol:
If necessary, I added the English text at the end :wink:
Google Translation wrote:Voy a pasar por el aeropuerto de Madrid-Barajas a finales del mes (tengo un ~3 horas de espera). Este post (en francés) dice que se puede intercambiar billete en los bancos españoles, aunque usted no es un cliente (pero el mensaje se remonta a 2009 :?). Según gustrot, los bancos en los que funciona son:
gustrot wrote: BBVA, Banesto, Banco Pastor, La Caixa [o] Unicaja
Según este sitio, hay un banco BBVA en el aeropuerto. Así que tengo muchas preguntas :
¿La información de mensaje de gustrot todavía precisa (los bancos españoles aceptan el cambio de billetes, aunque toma nota de que no soy un cliente)?
¿Si es así, es posible hacerlo en la oficina de BBVA en Madrid-Barajas?
¿Si no, hay alguna otra manera de conseguir billetes en el aeropuerto ? Por ejemplo, si traigo :note-5: notas, tiendas aceptar que me diera :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: notas a cambio?

Gracias por su ayuda :wink:
I will be travelling through the Madrid-Barajas airport at the end of October (I have a ~3 hour wait). This post (in French) says that you can exchange bills in Spanish banks even if you aren't a customer (but the message dates back to 2009 :?). According to gustrot, the banks where it works are :
gustrot wrote:BBVA, Banesto, Banco Pastor, La Caixa [or] Unicaja
According to this site, there is a BBVA bank at the airport. So I have a bunch of questions :
Is the information from gustrot's post still accurate (will Spanish banks exchange notes even if I am not a customer) ?
If yes, is it possible to do so at the BBVA office in Madrid-Barajas ?
If no, is there another way to get notes at the airport ? For example, if I bring :note-5: notes, would shops accept to give me :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: notes in exchange ?

Thanks for your help :wink:
WOLFINAS
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by WOLFINAS »

You can try in the banks, some banks change notes and some others not, and some banks do it some days and other days not... it depends of the people in the bank and how do you ask for it. :wink:

By the way, you may ask for "billetes" not "notas".

Also, to bring :note-5: notes (billetes de :note-5: ) is not a bad idea, if bank does not accept to change you you may ask. Normally :note-5: notes are not easy to find in a shop, so it is easy that they accept.
"De tot molt i de res massa", Josep Espriu, doctor
"De todo mucho y de nada demasiado"
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

trezay wrote:Hi ! Sorry if there are horrible mistakes in the message below, I used Google translation :lol:
If necessary, I added the English text at the end :wink:
Bon, voilà la réponse de WOLFINAS, mais pour la prochaine tu peux essayer avec le Français aussi... :P
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Thanks for the information ! :wink:
I'll bring a bunch of notes then, and see if the bank accepts them.
WOLFINAS wrote:By the way, you may ask for "billetes" not "notas".
Uhh … I blame it all on Google translation :mrgreen:
Actually I had noticed the translation was wrong, but I forgot to correct it before posting the message :oops:
Jes wrote:Bon, voilà la réponse de WOLFINAS, mais pour la prochaine tu peux essayer avec le Français aussi... :P
Ok, merci beaucoup :wink:
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

trezay wrote:Is the information from gustrot's post still accurate (will Spanish banks exchange notes even if I am not a customer) ?
Usually not, although things at the airport branches may be different. It would be somewhat ridiculous to ask travelers to have an account with them (although banks aren't exactly known for being sensible…).

I confirm there were (as of 2010) at least two BBVA branches in the airport, one located within the "secure" zone and the other in the "public" area.

trezay wrote:If yes, is it possible to do so at the BBVA office in Madrid-Barajas ?
You can always try :). Hold your ID card/passport in your hand as it raises the chances that you will succeed, even if you aren't asked to show it. It's kinda a psychological game.

trezay wrote:If no, is there another way to get notes at the airport ? For example, if I bring :note-5: notes, would shops accept to give me :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: notes in exchange ?
I'd say shops are a good target, especially those that sell small items, which means than when customers pay with a :note-50:, they always have to give a big amount as change and end up running out of it quickly. Offering them some fivers may have a high rate of success.
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

dserrano5 wrote:Usually not [...] I confirm there were (as of 2010) at least two BBVA branches in the airport, one located within the "secure" zone and the other in the "public" area.
I was trying to find a map of the terminal online to know where to go once my plane lands, and it turns out the bank's office is closed on the day I'm travelling :? I'll check anyway, the worst that can happen is that I waste 5 minutes :wink:
dserrano5 wrote:Offering them some fivers may have a high rate of success.
I don't know how things are in Spain, but that's how I get almost all my :note-10: and :note-20: notes in France. So I might just bring a big pile of :note-5: notes and try that instead. If nothing else works, I can at least spend a larger note for a small amount, so I can at least add the dot to my dotmap. :mrgreen:
rakoon
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by rakoon »

Hi trezay.

In Madrid-Barajas airport there are four bank offices, two of them in T4 NET, BBVA and Bankia and the rest in T2 the same banks, all of them are outside of the "air side" so you have to get out of the boarding area. In Spain the office time table is Mondays to Fridays from 8:30h to 14:00h.
There are various ATM machines of different banks and in different locations, even in the "air side" in T2, sadly the only two ATM's in the "air side" in T4 was retired.

In my experience change notes in shops, pharmacy or restaurants is complicated I usually change at exchange money desk :note-20: notes to take some coins to use at the vending machines, but as always it depends on the people at the other side of the desk.

If you say me where are you going to land I can be more precise, such as I work at the airport :) I hope you'll find some of my notes.
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Hi !

I'm landing in T4 and taking off 3 hours later from T4S. Since the bank's office won't be accessible, I think I'll just give up exchanging notes there. It's no big deal, I just wanted to see if it was possible to save time. I don't mind getting notes the "normal" way.
rakoon wrote:sadly the only two ATM's in the "air side" in T4 was retired.
rakoon wrote:In my experience change notes in shops, pharmacy or restaurants is complicated
Hmm, these were going to be my "plan B" :? I'll just bring :note-20: and :note-50: notes in case the shops refuse to do exchanges. That way I can at least spend them to get smaller notes in exchange.
rakoon wrote: I work at the airport :) I hope you'll find some of my notes.
Ooh, that's good news :D I don't know if I'll find any of your notes, but I'll do my best :wink:
rakoon
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by rakoon »

In T4 maybe you can try to change some notes in McDonald's.

Good luck and have a nice trip.
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Thanks for the help ! :D

In the end I didn't exchange any notes, just spent money to get some :note-10: and :note-5: notes back. However, I did ask a few shops to exchange the coins I had left at the end, and they accepted.
Zackes
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Zackes »

Hola yomismamente !

You seem to become the next spanish superuser :wink:

Congrats for your nice hit with Portugal !

Try to find one of "my" Zaragoza-Notes ...
http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=67111818" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck and have fun,
Zackes from Cologne!
CNGL
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by CNGL »

Sorry, but yomismamente has been identified as a faker. Sorry.

Lo que me fastidia a mí, además es de Zaragoza el muy...
Leudimin: EBT FTW!
Basque euronotes: :note-5: Bost euro - :note-10: Hamar euro - :note-20: Hogei euro - :note-50: Berrogeita hamar euro - :note-100: Ehun euro - :note-200: Berrehun euro - :note-500: Bostehun euro

Return to “Discusión sobre el sitio y Euro-tracking (Español)”