Comments from/to non spanish forumers

Coloca aquí tus opiniones acerca de la web, ideas, sugerencias, listas...

Moderator: N0W1K

azalearal
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Re: Comments from/to non spanish forumers

Post by azalearal »

spartan1964 wrote:Hello from :flag-sk:

i'm collector Euro banknotes, I would like to ask about :flag-es: V/VA new :note-10: europe series,
we found only V001, V002, V003, V004 and V005
what about V006 ??
aren't they available in Spain ?
Peter.
by the moment I don't se anyone V006.
Asturies , Paraíso Natural
Jackgaillard
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Comments from/to non spanish forumers

Post by Jackgaillard »

Hello from :flag-fr: (excuse my english)
we're planning (2 adults) a trip to sevilla, malaga and maybe cordoba or cadiz or anywhere else :?: = total stay 10-12 days
I need some advices from local ebters ... :wink:
1st) we will land in sevilla on may 8th and stay around 5 days
have you hotel adresses 60 € < 80 € per night for two adults (maybe breakfast included) = best place is in center town ?
2nd) we have a tourist guide for Sevilla
have you advices about severall places wich are not on common tourist guides but interesting
do we need a car in sevilla ?
3rd) move to malaga
do we need to rent a car either to travel from sevilla to malaga or to visit interesting places in malaga
have you advices about places to visit in malaga
4th) don't know where else
have you ideas what is interesting ?
5th)move to sevilla or malaga back to France

thanks a lot for those who have time and ideas for us
Jack
Ecouter Eurobilltracker sur les grosses têtes de Philippe Bouvard ICI
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

Let me translate this to reach a wider audience / Traduciendo para el vulgo no angloparlante:

Lo que el chaval dice es que va a venir a Sevilla y Málaga, y quizá Córdoba, Cádiz o algún otro sitio, en total 10-12 días.

- que aterriza en Sevilla el día 8 y le gustaría encontrar alojamiento por 60-80€ para dos adultos, durante 5 días, quizá con desayuno, y por supuesto en la zona centro :P.

- que ya tienen un guía pero que les gustaría ver algún sitio interesante que no sea lo típico. Y que si hace falta coche.

- Si hace falta coche para ir de Sevilla a Málaga o bien para ver cosas interesantes en Málaga. Y qué cosas interesantes hay en Málaga.

- Que si hay algún sitio adicional digno de ver por el área.

--

I'd suggest to perform some searches on the net, I'm sure you'll find a lot of tourist information on Andalucía. Re: the need of a car, it depends on public transit fares and/or your willingness to go out of the urban areas to visit any interesting bits you may find on said searches.
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

I'm in Huesca, now, tomorrow I'm going to Barcelona. By regional train! (If I get out of bed early enough :mrgreen: )
Crawler360
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Crawler360 »

groentje wrote:I'm in Huesca, now, tomorrow I'm going to Barcelona. By regional train! (If I get out of bed early enough :mrgreen: )
Welcome groentje and have a nice trip!!
Be sure to set your alarm on!
:)
My EBT Stats https://dserrano5.es/ebt/ebtst/stats/Crawler360/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (thanks dserrano)
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Dear Spanish friends,
the BDE website seems to suggest that changing money at the national bank is possible, up to 100 bills and/or 1000 euros per day. As I will be in Madrid for a couple of hours next month, it would be nice to know if changing money is possible, especially for me as a tourist. I'm hoping to score my first VB :note-5: (or a few 100 of them of course :lol: ).
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

Crazy Bob wrote:Dear Spanish friends,
the BDE website seems to suggest that changing money at the national bank is possible, up to 100 bills and/or 1000 euros per day. As I will be in Madrid for a couple of hours next month, it would be nice to know if changing money is possible, especially for me as a tourist. I'm hoping to score my first VB :note-5: (or a few 100 of them of course :lol: ).
Translating it for you:

Crazy Bob va a estar unas horas en Madrid el mes que viene, y quiere cambiar en el Banco de España. ¿Alguno de los asiduos le puede confirmar si es posible o no, teniendo en cuenta que él es turista?

Y de paso añadir cualquier cosa que le pueda ser de interés ;).
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

No idea about 5-ers, but when I passed in Sevilla 2 years ago, I could easily obtain some special 2 euro coins without any hastle or identification in the local branch. In Madrid, however, I couldn't find the entrance :oops:
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Thanks for the reaction, groentje, especially given the lack of "Spanish" reactions.

To follow up, it proved to be very easy to change money at the BDE in Madrid. Enter through this door, go through a security scan, then up the stairs to a large atrium. Two of the windows offer euro-to-euro exchange, and it was very easy to change 50x :note-10: into 100x :note-5:. No need to show identification, just a quick 30 second transaction. 8)

Didn't try to change more, given the notice on the BDE website I quoted above.
N0W1K
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by N0W1K »

Crazy Bob wrote:Dear Spanish friends,
Sorry for the delay Crazy Bob, I don't know if you spent your hours in Madrid, but yes everyone can use the National Bank, you only need to fill a paper with some personal information and the amount of money to exchange and what kind of notes do you need.

Banco de España en Madrid (C/ Alcalá 48)
Member of the European Association of Eurobilltrackers (A2E)
Zackes
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Zackes »

Many thanks to bumillo for tracking notes since March 2006 and for finding this note:

https://de.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=83163
it´s such a nice hit 8) and his first (!) one...

Btw: Valencia will be one of my destinations on my Spaintrip in the summervacations :D

Saludos de Colonia,
Zackes.
Steda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Steda »

Hallo Spanish EBT-friends,

On Friday 17/6 , I stay 1 week in Salou for vacation. Did somebody know what bank have a good atm ? :note-5: are my favorite , but I think they don't exist in Spain. :note-10: atm maybe?

Thanks !
Raumi
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Raumi »

Steda wrote:On Friday 17/6 , I stay 1 week in Salou for vacation. Did somebody know what bank have a good atm ? :note-5: are my favorite , but I think they don't exist in Spain. :note-10: atm maybe?
Hallo en welkom, Steda!
Yes, you are right, ATMs in Spain don't give :note-5:. And hardly ever :note-10: either. Moreover, only those which belongs to BBVA let the customer choose the size of the bills (s)he would like to get, but most of the times only if your credit card belongs to BBVA too.

There is a Banco de España office in Barcelona, almost 100Km away from Salou, where you could easily exchange up to 100 notes/1000€ per person and day, even if you are not Spaniard. But 100 Km might be too far without renting a car.

My advice, do not focus too much on dot-hunting and do not miss Tarragona. It's only 10 Km from Salou and has some impressive ancient Roman ruins.
Last edited by Raumi on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spanish representative on the Board of Directors.
Current vice president of the Association Européenne des EuroBillTrackers
My statistics.
Steda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Steda »

Thanks Raumi for the information. I think i take a lot of :note-50: with me . :D
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

Dot-hunting is still quite well possible, but not the big quantities we're used from Germany's Volksbank ATMs. But most merchants have 5-ers, and will be able to return on your payment (say if you buy a drink with a :note-20: ). Which you can spend then on slightly more expensive services and products.
Salou has a regional train service (R16) that goes directly to Barcelona, about every 2 hours. It costs €8.80 for a single trip, the trip lasts for something over 1 hour to Barcelona's main station, Sants. There are enough suburban trains and the metro to go from there to Plaça de Catalunya.
So for about €20 you can take the train and visit Barcelona, including the Spanish National Bank. There are more trains (mostly Talgo), but they are much more expensive (think €18-19 for a single trip). There are probably buses, too, but I'm a rail fan, if I can, I'll avoid them.

Return to “Discusión sobre el sitio y Euro-tracking (Español)”