Today the Board of Directors have decided that both the candidacy for Frankfurt and Maastricht are approved. Now you can vote for the city that you think
is best suitable for this special meeting. The poll is running on the main website and can be found here: http://nl.eurobilltracker.com/vote/?poll_id=10
There are 3 options:
A: Frankfurt, April 2012
B: Maastricht, around new years eve 2011/2012
C: Maastricht, Januari or Februari 2012.
You can give your preference in your desired order (1=first choice, 2=second choice, 3=third choice)
The Frankfurt team has the following options to offer:
* A meeting in April 2012, the weather will be better during this season.
* Tour at the ECB.
* Tour at Frankfurt Airport.
* Boat tour at the river Mainz/Rhein.
* Plenty of skyscrapers to visit in Frankfurt City.
The Maastricht team has the following options to offer:
* A possibility to use the hall where the treaty of Maastricht was signed.
* Lot's of historic and interesting places in and around Maastricht, like a man-made cave system in the hills.
* The area is known for it's Burgundian life-style so there are plenty of places to eat.
* A visit to the National bank of Belgium in Hasselt.
* A visit to the city of Aachen
* Luxembourg is also within range, but I would need to look at the options first.
* During new years eve we would have a big party! The poll is running until the 5th of June, so make your vote count before that date.