Pictures of EBT Meetings

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

Crazy Bob wrote:why aren't the picture galleries sorted by date? it's becoming harder and harder (as more meetings are added) to quickly find the pictures of the meeting one is looking for.
Yes indeed: it took me a while before I noticed there wasn't a map yet for the pictures of the meeting in Arnhem (so there weren't pictures posted yet before mine...).
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

eddydevries wrote:
Crazy Bob wrote:why aren't the picture galleries sorted by date? it's becoming harder and harder (as more meetings are added) to quickly find the pictures of the meeting one is looking for.
Yes indeed: it took me a while before I noticed there wasn't a map yet for the pictures of the meeting in Arnhem (so there weren't pictures posted yet before mine...).
It has been done now.

Thank You :!: :D :wink:
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Because the gallery software insists on sorting the directories alphabetically. Yes, I know, the current situation isn't particularly good.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

I remember this kind of dicussion, but it wasn't possible to change the titles to "2007.04.27 - Meeting etc etc etc"
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Fons wrote:I remember this kind of dicussion, but it wasn't possible to change the titles to "2007.04.27 - Meeting etc etc etc"
The titles can be changed, but it wouldn't really help -- the gallery doesn't sort by title but by the directory name (such as EBTM06-PT-COIMBRA-SEP).
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

avij wrote:
Fons wrote:I remember this kind of dicussion, but it wasn't possible to change the titles to "2007.04.27 - Meeting etc etc etc"
The titles can be changed, but it wouldn't really help -- the gallery doesn't sort by title but by the directory name (such as EBTM06-PT-COIMBRA-SEP).
..and therefore, the directory names are what should be changed.
The old links can be kept in working by means of redirection.
The only even a bit harder thing about this hiding the old links from the link view. The very easiest way of doing this by creating a new directory for the "correctly" named directories and let the old address completely die.
So, my idea is as follows:
Create a subdomain called gallery.eurobilltracker.com , that will have its files in /usr/share/wwwroot/Gallery instead of /usr/share/wwwroot/gallery .
Move the current directories in gallery to have Gallery and give them better names.
Make a simple redirecting html page that will redirect to gallery.eurobilltracker.com , name the html file index.html and put it in /usr/share/wwwroot/gallery .
Do about the same for all the old subdirectories of gallery/ , redirecting to the appropriate new subdirectory of Gallery.

I figure that'll pretty much be it. A cheapass, easy way out. We will have to learn to use gallery.eurobilltracker.com instead of eurobilltracker.eu/gallery, but I think we all will be happy to do that if we that way get a better working gallery.
And, for those who want to use the old address, we've got the redirection in the old address, anyway.

I think I should be able to write a shell script for doing what I have described above. That shell script would then do everything for you when you execute it in the gallery/ directory.

It would look about shis way:
mkdir ../Gallery
mkdir ../Gallery/2007-12-24_Korvatunturi_Santas_EBT-party
mv santaparty24122007/* ../Gallery/2007-12-24_Korvatunturi_Santas_EBT-party/
echo "<html>blaablaa</html>" > santaparty24122007/index.html

There might be some flaws about this, perhaps you must somehow regenerate the pictures in the other folder or something like that. I bet you know it. Feel free to PM me about it.

Eventually something has to be done about this in any case. The earlier, the easier it is.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

I just emailed my EBTM2007: Berlin pictures to EBT, so hopefully they're available soon for your viewing pleasure :)

here's a large size version of the group photo (click to enlarge):
once the webpage has loaded, you may click the photo once again, to see it supersized
jovada
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by jovada »

I'm preparing mine, too. They haven't been post-processed yet, except for some panorama shots.
wisi
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by wisi »

Well, in the german part of the forum hadibe posted a map where you can identify the persons at the sanssouci grouppicture. Image
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Some more EBTM07 pictures are now in the gallery. A honorary mention goes to Intoer, whose pics from Arnhem were also uploaded to the gallery, with a slight delay... (blame me).
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

The die hard group, users who attended all EBTMs
Only bhoeyb is missing, we couldn't find him anymore after the boat trip :)

haemoglobin
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by haemoglobin »

hehe.... >>> fons: "hmm..... *scratch*scratch*..where`s bhoeyb ?????" :)
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

Re: Pictures of EBT Meetings

Post by Miles66 »

avij wrote:If you take pictures from a meeting, you can send them to EBT for publishing in the gallery. You don't have to worry about filling our email inbox...
And then please wait for some weeks ?! Or is something wrong with my eMails and pictures from the OeSB-Visit in Vienna 5th february?
Grüße vom/Greetings from :flag-de: Niederrhein
Dirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ My €BT-Profile: Mil€s66 and my NIG-Stats ~
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

Miles66 wrote:And then please wait for some weeks ?! Or is something wrong with my eMails and pictures from the OeSB-Visit in Vienna 5th february?
The same counts for the Dutch/Belgian meeting in Baarle-Nassau-Hertog from last November, and I believe there was a Finnish meeting as well that month... :D
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

Post by Miles66 »

Fons wrote:The same counts for the Dutch/Belgian meeting in Baarle-Nassau-Hertog from last November, and I believe there was a Finnish meeting as well that month... :D
But I don't understand this. The meeting was on the day when I send my pictures. .. so they send the pictures later... :roll:
Grüße vom/Greetings from :flag-de: Niederrhein
Dirk

~ My €BT-Profile: Mil€s66 and my NIG-Stats ~

Return to “International EBT-meetings”