W-EBTM 2014 (March 15+16) Lisbon: Information, Guide & Help

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

ravestorm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: W-EBTM 2014 (March 15+16) Lisbon: Information, Guide & H

Post by ravestorm »

Hey you forgot some rests for ATM withdrawal :lol:
«Io dormirò tranquillo perché so che il mio peggior nemico veglia su di me.»
  • Biondo - Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

PLEASE, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Il 19.09.2013 ho scritto: Comicerò a cambiare atteggiamento da ora in poi, quindi che il forum non si lamenti se da ora in avanti verranno prese misure drastiche.
lamegated
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by lamegated »

You don't have to worry about that, as there are tons of ATM's in Lisbon in general and on the tour in particular... :P
Stats
Hits 1163 :flag-eu: 1140; :flag-pt: 936; :flag-de: 82; :flag-be: 27; :flag-nl: 25; :flag-fi: 20; :flag-es: 18; :flag-at: 16; :flag-fr: 16; :flag-ch: 5; :flag-it: 3; :flag-uk: 3; :flag-gr: 2; :flag-ee: 2; :flag-mt: 2; :flag-pl: 1; :flag-si: 1; :flag-lu: 1; :flag-lt: 1; Sri Lanka 2; Sérvia 1
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

ravestorm wrote:Hey you forgot some rests for ATM withdrawal :lol:
And you forgot to come :P

Vacations are not made to rest. :P (Just kidding, I like vacations at a leisurely pace too.)

lamegated (who is officialy part of the organization since Saturday, and a fundamental piece as you all will see) has already answered. Not only there are indeed tons of ATMs on the way, you will also have time for everything. Of course, if you do the whole Saturday tour, it's possible that you might get tired from around 5,800 m on foot between locations (plus those in each venue) but we're walking at an average of 2 km/h, which is what I did with my clients when I was a mountain trekking guide, and it's not too much. I've guided 26 km mountain treks before. :)

Why aren't you coming? Mico is the only Italian! How can I practice my Italian now? :cry:
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

UPDATE
Here's Friday program
Here's Saturday program

They're not beautifully formatted (because we're putting all our efforts on the paper itinerary that will be given to you) but the basic information is all there.

Sunday will be dedicated just to Sintra and Cabo da Roca. The program will be here as soon as it's completed.
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Thank you for the program updates, but I really agree with MDeen (and probably lots of others) that there should be some helping dots on the map before we arrive in Lisbon. Or is there something simply I don't understand? For instance, when are you going to give the program to the participants? Obviously, you could deliver them to the lunch participants on Friday afternoon - but what about those who can't make lunch but would like to join you in the bookstore, for instance? The address isn't visible in the program, so is it so that all the participants should search the places by themself? -- And just out of curiosity: please put the bookstore's address in googlemaps and see what it gives you. I searched the following (which I found in the Ler Devagar's web page) "Rua Rodrigues Faria 103, Lisbonne, Portugal" and got an address somewhere between metro stations Parque and Picoas - and it's probably wrong, isn't it?
lamegated
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by lamegated »

Hello Annie, as lmviterbo replied to Mdeen...
lmviterbo wrote: Thanks for the tip. It has been thought of. In fact, a lot more than that (addresses, geocoordinatess, postal codes, how to get there, …).
We're still undecided on which way will be the best to put this information online. We will put everything online (apart from the questions, of course; the one shown here serves as example)....
It's just a matter of time (and we really hope just a little bit of... :lol: ) until information is online, rest assure that we are making every efforts on our part in order that participants won't feel in anyway "lost"...
Stats
Hits 1163 :flag-eu: 1140; :flag-pt: 936; :flag-de: 82; :flag-be: 27; :flag-nl: 25; :flag-fi: 20; :flag-es: 18; :flag-at: 16; :flag-fr: 16; :flag-ch: 5; :flag-it: 3; :flag-uk: 3; :flag-gr: 2; :flag-ee: 2; :flag-mt: 2; :flag-pl: 1; :flag-si: 1; :flag-lu: 1; :flag-lt: 1; Sri Lanka 2; Sérvia 1
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

No, please don't waste time looking for addresses. That's our job. I was already adding the map links but had to take a lunch break. I have ALL geocoords now and will add them (with links to Google Maps only) this afternoon.

Google Maps works well with the Lisbon transportation system.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Now with coords and maplinks.
ravestorm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ravestorm »

lmviterbo wrote:
ravestorm wrote:Hey you forgot some rests for ATM withdrawal :lol:
And you forgot to come :P

Vacations are not made to rest. :P (Just kidding, I like vacations at a leisurely pace too.)

Why aren't you coming? Mico is the only Italian! How can I practice my Italian now? :cry:
I couldn't have holidays in that weekend unfortunately because I love Portugal

I'm going to comfort myself with a two weeks in Mexico, no rest because the schedule is very tight... too many Mayan ruins :lol:
«Io dormirò tranquillo perché so che il mio peggior nemico veglia su di me.»
  • Biondo - Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

PLEASE, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Il 19.09.2013 ho scritto: Comicerò a cambiare atteggiamento da ora in poi, quindi che il forum non si lamenti se da ora in avanti verranno prese misure drastiche.
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

Thanks for information and schedule. Now we can plan in which part of the program we will participate. But we have one question: for example in saturday 12:45 lunch there is prices: preset 25 € (pay the EBT guide). What that price will include, food + drinks? It is 99% sure we are not going to eat there as we almost never eat that early and we probably eat anyway elsewhere when we just get hungry. So what price we could expect if we focus only on drinks? :)

And another question about ATM's. It seems, that you get 5-euro notes from at least some ATM's. I heard that some ATM's around Europe lets you choose what kind of notes you want. How in Portugal? In Finland we get only 20 and 50 euro notes (except few ATM's gives 10 euro notes) and only way to choose which ones you want if to decide which amount you get at once (like if you want 200 euro in 20 euro notes, you need to insert your card several times, otherwise you get 4x50 euro). I'd like to get information before testing the ATM as I think there is a cost on each withdrawal (and also less change to leave card inside ATM).

Thanks for answers. Nice to see you in Lisbon. 2 more working days and then on thursday to airport -> Amsterdam (almost 6 hours in there, just enough to have a pint or few in downtown... or pizza) -> Lisbon :D
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

I don't know if anyone else noticed but a lot of links were not working properly, due to a weird behaviour of the new Google Maps (that shouldn't have left Beta phase yet…)

We've just tested and double-checked every link, one by one, and there's no flaw now. Unfortunately, with the new Google Maps, there seems not to be any safe option of including the name of a place on the marker, so all you see on the map, for each place, is a marker with latitude and longitude values.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

brewerhki wrote:But we have one question: for example in saturday 12:45 lunch there is prices: preset 25 € (pay the EBT guide). What that price will include, food + drinks? It is 99% sure we are not going to eat there as we almost never eat that early and we probably eat anyway elsewhere when we just get hungry. So what price we could expect if we focus only on drinks? :)
I've been stealthily updating the Menus post on the first page. Friday is already there. Tomorrow at most you will find Saturday lunch and dinner menus. I'm trying to do it today but I have a work deadline too.
When you check Saturday's lunch menu you might change your mind. It's based on "petiscos" (this is the Portuguese word for "tapas" or "finger food") :wink:
brewerhki wrote:I heard that some ATM's around Europe lets you choose what kind of notes you want. How in Portugal?
We don't have that option on any of our regular ATMs (some banks have their own ATMs, only usable with their cards, apart from the regular ones; on those, sometimes it's possible to choose denominations).
brewerhki wrote:In Finland we get only 20 and 50 euro notes (except few ATM's gives 10 euro notes) and only way to choose which ones you want if to decide which amount you get at once (like if you want 200 euro in 20 euro notes, you need to insert your card several times, otherwise you get 4x50 euro). I'd like to get information before testing the ATM as I think there is a cost on each withdrawal (and also less change to leave card inside ATM).
The only way to be sure that you will draw :note-5: banknotes is by asking for odd multiples of 5. On those ATMs carrying fivers, I always withdraw 15 € at a time, so that 3 notes come out each time. Even on those, that is not guaranteed: some deliver one :note-10: and one :note-5: . So, yes, in order to withdraw the :note-5: that will be used on the challenge prizes, it takes a lot of time.
mico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mico »

lmviterbo wrote:prices: 1.25 € taken from a prepaid card (or 2.85 € on board)
where and how may I obtain a prepaid card :?: A small photo is required :?:
efeesse
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by efeesse »

mico wrote:
lmviterbo wrote:prices: 1.25 € taken from a prepaid card (or 2.85 € on board)
where and how may I obtain a prepaid card :?: A small photo is required :?:
Is not necessary the picture mico
This "Viva card" is possible to be purchased (0.50€) in the authomatic vending machines in the subway stations (I did it when I arrived to Lisbon airport, as well).
We will always use the same card. Is just necessary to charge it with some amounth of money, depending how many trips we think we will do. And is valid for bus and subway in Lisbon.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

All MENUS uploaded! Check them up there and tell as soon as possible which meals will you attend.

Notice that, thanks to brewerhki, we changed the Friday lunch menu. In fact, this was too early and much food for these days. It's much better to have a light meal there. So it's cheaper than before too. :D

Return to “International EBT-meetings”