W-EBTM 2014 (March 15+16) Lisbon: Where will you stay?

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

W-EBTM 2014 (March 15+16) Lisbon: Where will you stay?

Post by lmviterbo »

Use this thread to tell us where you are going to sleep. On international meetings usually there have been hotels and hostels full of EBT members, so that might happen again in Lisbon ;)

We'll be glad to suggest places to stay to suit all kinds of tastes and budgets. If you tell us your budget and what kind of place you prefer, we'll be glad to show you some options. There's excellent accommodation for all kinds of budgets. (We might try to make arrangements with some hotels and hostels but, for the moment, we haven't even thought of which ones.)

Locations where Eurobilltrackers stay:

Saturday morning and Sunday morning, the get together location will be at Rossio or very close by. We still haven't thought where the Friday night get together will take place, although we know what's the first thing to do. You may check the schedule here.

Here's a map centered on Rossio: http://goo.gl/maps/Kud0M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lisbon has been receiving several awards for the best hostels in the world. No kidding. Just so that you start to understand why hostels in Lisbon are so talked about and awarded, here's a choice based on the best rated ones on TripAdvisor. We chose the ones that are very close to Rossio (the get together point) and we're showing here the prices for private rooms only. Dorms are much cheaper per person. If you think a hostel is not good enough for you, think again — well, just check their websites and see how wonderful they can be. Definitely, prices are not the only attraction for most if not all of them.
  • Lisbon Old Town Hostel 50 € per room per night, w/ twin beds, w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor (separated by sex)
  • Living Lounge Hostel 30 € per person per night, w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor (24 € w/ twin beds)
  • Yes! Lisbon Hostel 26 € per person per night, private double bed w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor
  • Lisboa Central Hostel 30 € per person per night, w/ twin beds, ensuite
  • Good Morning Hostel 32,50 € per person per night, w/ twin beds or a double bed, ensuite (27,50 € private double bed w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor)
  • Lisbon Travellers House 32,50 / 37,50 € per person per night, w/ a double bed, ensuite (28,50 € twin or double, 30 € single, w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor)
  • Lisbon Destination Hostel 32,50 € per person per night, w/ twin beds or a double bed, ensuite (27,50 € twin or double, 35 € single, w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor)
  • Lisbon Lounge Hostel 33 € per person per night, w/ twin beds, w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor
We actually haven't visited any of these but will gladly do it if someone asks for. We may even get prices even lower if we gather a group of potential customers.

Here are some other hostels in the area (these are the closest shown on Google Maps):
  • Lisbon Happy Hostel 17 € per person per night, w/ twin beds or a double bed, ensuite (13 € w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor)
  • We Love F Tourists Hostel 50 € per room per night, w/ a double bed, w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor
  • Rossio Hostel 55 € per room per night, w/ a double bed, ensuite (27 € single w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor)
  • Vistas de Lisboa Hostel 30 € per person per night, private double bed w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor
  • Downtown Design Hostel 50 € per person per night, w/ twin beds or a double bed, ensuite (32,50 € w/ shared shower/toilet facilities for the floor)
You should also check AirBnB, especially if you're traveling in a family or group. Click here to jump directly to the appropriate search. Here's an example of accommodation you'll find there:
ravestorm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: W-EBTM 2014 (March 15+16) Lisbon: Where will you stay?

Post by ravestorm »

Just a tip, when I visited Lisbon last year I found the area around Marques de Pombal very good to get an accomodation. :wink:
«Io dormirò tranquillo perché so che il mio peggior nemico veglia su di me.»
  • Biondo - Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

PLEASE, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Il 19.09.2013 ho scritto: Comicerò a cambiare atteggiamento da ora in poi, quindi che il forum non si lamenti se da ora in avanti verranno prese misure drastiche.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

ravestorm wrote:Just a tip, when I visited Lisbon last year I found the area around Marques de Pombal very good to get an accomodation. :wink:
Thanks for the tip, ravestorm. Please check the first post again, where we're already listing some options. So are you coming or not? Please subscribe here. :)
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

Post by Miles66 »

Not sure until now:

HF Fenix Garden *** or America Diamonds Hotel *** or Real Parque Hotel ****

Please help me :mrgreen: (PM)
Grüße vom/Greetings from :flag-de: Niederrhein
Dirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ My €BT-Profile: Mil€s66 and my NIG-Stats ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Miles66 wrote:Please help me :mrgreen: (PM)
I will personally go to all three this week (one of them is a 5-minute walk from my home, the other two are 10 minutes away) and pm you to tell you my impressions. I know them all but I want to check their present condition.
Math Murderer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Math Murderer »

I'll probably book at the Lisbon Calling Hostel. The place is co-owned by one of my co-workers' family.
Last edited by Math Murderer on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
||\\ .. //|| ||\\ .. //|| There is nothing right in my left brain.
||. \\// .|| ||. \\// .|| There is nothing left in my right brain.
efeesse
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by efeesse »

I booked my stay at Downtown Design Hostel.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Answering publicly because it might be of public interest. (And sorry for taking so long to answer. In fact I have the answer for two weeks now but holiday season changed my priorities.)

I visited all those three (and some more in the same category). Of all three the only one I strongly discourage is HF Fenix Garden. They are building another hotel next door and the construction will still be there in three months due, so the garden will be full of dust and the noise will probably be uncomfortable. I wasn't invited to visit rooms on any of the other two, which is not a good sign. Those hotels are old. I've worked in hotels and from what I know from then and is confirmed by some visits I made, this kind of hotel usually has a maintenance schedule which lets things go a little further than reasonable. For instance, if in 2012 a hotel changes all bathtub faucets it's because they're already receiving complaints for 2 or 3 years. Next year they'll do the carpets, next year the mattresses for example. (All hotels should replace mattresses every two to three years but inexpensive ones don't.)

Anyway, apart from that, both hotels (America Diamonds and Real Parque) are common decent hotels. America Diamonds is right at the door of a subway entrance, which could be very handy.

For the same price range and convenience, I would recommend other hotels that opened in 2013, so everything is in excellent condition: Olissippo Saldanha or Holiday Inn Express Lisbon - Av. Liberdade. In fact, of all the most recent hotels, these are, to my knowledge, the only ones that aren't too expensive.

Bear in mind that, as written on the first post, if a group of people wants to schedule rooms at this one (or any other, for the matter), I might be able to get a group discount.

(EDITED to add Holiday Inn Express - Av. Liberdade, found by Ewri.)
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Math Murderer wrote:I'll probably book at the Lisbon Calling Hostel. The place is co-owned by one of my co-workers' family.
I didn't know that one and it seems to be an excellent choice, indeed! Does that mean I can sign you on the "I'm going" list (or only "perhaps" as yet)?
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

philgelico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: Arras, France - Voiron, France - Lido di Dante, Italy

Post by philgelico »

we (Jackgaillard and I), booked at "America Diamonds Hotel" .
Si tu veux voler avec les aigles, éloigne-toi des paons. (proverbe d'origine inconnue)
千里之行 始于足下, proverbe chinois
اتَّكَلْنا منه على خُصٍّ الاتحاد قوة, proverbe arabe
ספר המעשיות: כולל אגדות וסיפורים מתוך קובץ כ"י ישן, proverbe sanskrit
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Ewri wrote:Booked Holiday Inn Express Lisbon
Good call, Ewri! I somehow missed this one on my search! It's very recent (opened 2013) and not too expensive.

(Unfortunately, as warned by a TripAdvisor user, there's nothing left of the Art Nouveau building it occupied, apart from the façade.)

Ewri, phil and Jack, your choices are already on the first post.
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

lmviterbo wrote:
Ewri wrote:Booked Holiday Inn Express Lisbon
Good call, Ewri! I somehow missed this one on my search! It's very recent (opened 2013) and not too expensive.

(Unfortunately, as warned by a TripAdvisor user, there's nothing left of the Art Nouveau building it occupied, apart from the façade.)

Ewri, phil and Jack, your choices are already on the first post.
Yes I read that too, but Im not going for the building.. I chose it because it looks to be a good hotel for price and location. On the whole, Lisbon is more expensive than other areas in Portugal but still cheaper than other cities.
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE

Post by an-148 »

it's part of a package travel, but not bad at all for meetings starting in Rossio (coastal train + second stop on metro line):
Hotel Alvorada, Estoril ( http://www.hotelalvorada.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
for eurostyle and an-148 (3 persons in total)
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ord€p
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ord€p »

an-148 wrote:it's part of a package travel, but not bad at all for meetings starting in Rossio (coastal train + second stop on metro line)
If the weather is good, i advise you walk to Rossio, because is a short and beautiful walk.

Return to “International EBT-meetings”