EBT-Summer-Meeting 2014 Live@Turku

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EBT-Summer-Meeting 2014 Live@Turku

Post by brewerhki »

Yeah, thanks also from me and Lizbeth. Meeting was really nice and also Turku was as it's greatest. Can't remember when I last time liked that city so much :D (well, I always liked Turku, but this weekend went even better than for ages).

Anyway, late saturday night we went to our mobile home and stopped at snack bar on the way. I ordered (veg.)hamburger and got sandwich with few salad leafs. I asked where is the beef? And the answer was that they don't have any left. Allright, I think that should be told in advance :D After complaining about that (and got free milk and french fries) next customer ordered 2 sausages. I told him to watch that he get sausages on his sausage :P Not feeling bad about that, but I guess it is mostly funny situation.

Thanks for everybody I met and wanted to meet you all, but time was too short (as always) to meet everybody and those I talked with, I wanted to talk more. Next time more. And special thanks for avij for organizing the meeting (maybe thanks should be in some other topic than this, but I included it here).
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Back home after a very nice meeting! Superb weather, nice people, nice places to visit, and of course I was very happy with the bicycle from the hotel! 8)

Now it's time to enter my last 50 or so Finnish notes...
Petri6
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Petri6 »

avij wrote:
avij wrote:Just found out that the ATM at the corner of Humalistonkatu and Puutarhakatu has run out of 50e notes, meaning that it will only dispense 20e notes. I withdrew the maximum amount allowed by my banks. Let me know if you want to swap. I won't enter these notes until the end of the meeting.
So there is/was another ATM that had run out of 50e notes, the rightmost ATM at the Market Square Nordea.. meaning that I still have a few unregistered 20e notes if someone wants to swap more.
So, I'm guessing this note came from an ATM in Turku? http://fi.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=135796140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I didn't have a clue that there was an international meeting at my home city. :(
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

no cigarets at Helsinki airport ?
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

maarsy wrote:no cigarets at Helsinki airport ?
The "R-Kioski" in Terminal 2 sells them, it seems. And on the higher floor (where also the airline lounges are) there are even smoking rooms.

(Why anybody would want to smoke, though...)
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

I'm sure all tax-free shops sell cigarettes, and the smoking room is on top of the tax-free shops in T2. On the right is the sports bar but when you go up the stairs (near gate 27), it is on the left of the sports bar.
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

Guess HeartofGold and me are the only visiting EBTers who are still in Turku? We have spent the day in town and in Nauvo, a town on one of the islands off our EBTM-city. Tonight we will pack our things and tomorrow morning we will leave for Helsinki where we are going to spend some 30 hours before we will fly back home.
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
HeartOfGold
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by HeartOfGold »

Just want to say a big thank you to the orgsnisers for the very very enjoyable time in Turku. This EBT meetings has left sone very fond memories and new friendships.

Hopefully it will leave everybody too some very good hits in the near future. ;-)

Hope to meet all of you very nice people again. :-)
Everyone is born clever. Some are clever now, some become clever later.
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

This morning, I was also still in Turku (left it by the train of 12:00 towards Helsinki.

The lady with the coffee-trolley arrived with me at exactly the right moments, so I got 2 cities and dots on the way.
It's a kind of alternative for not having hits this week......

Thank you all for attending and the organizing team for organizing :) .

See you next meeting (for members of the Association, the next meeting is at 28th September, then we have the General Assembly online !!! ).
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

We left Turku this morning for a flight to Riga. We'll stay here for a few days.
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

Fons wrote:We left Turku this morning for a flight to Riga. We'll stay here for a few days.
Riga is nice city, have fun!
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by airis »

Hi, I arrived home in Rovaniemi on Monday evening.

I did some dothunting on Sunday and then decided to sleep in my car in Pihtipudas . On Monday I did continue some dothunting, visited my niece in Oulu and did do some shopping in Haparanda, Sweden. So it took 32 hours for me to get home by car. :roll:

Well, I was not in a hurry as I still have some summer holiday left. We got lovely weather in Turku. Today it is 30 C in Rovaniemi. Actually it was 31,2 C in Ivalo , northern Lapland, which is the all time record for August in Lapland. They say it is this hot in Lapland in August once in a century. So thanks to ebt-meeting my timing for summer holiday was perfect. :-)

Thank you for organizers and all participants for a very nice meeting. :)
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

Thank you for you all! It was nice to spend time with you. :) I hope that I will see many of you in other EBT-meetings, as soon as possible!
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
Luumi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Luumi »

Thank you all! My meeting went a bit wrong in the end. Firstly, I unintentionally overslept on Sunday and that's why missed the whole last day. Secondly, when I left Turku on Monday evening, my car's brakes jammed and I had a smoking stop on the motorway. I came back home by train, visiting Helsinki also today. One must still think positively, now I had an opportunity and time to visit a bank in Helsinki first time in years. Possibly also in a few weeks when I have to make another 1100 km trip to Turku to get my car back home :twisted:

But anyways, it was nice to meet you all and I would've still come even I knew these problems in advance :)
Finnish forum moderator
Support team member
Finnish 16th / International 178th (Oct 2023)
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

Aatos99 wrote:Thank you for you all! It was nice to spend time with you. :) I hope that I will see many of you in other EBT-meetings, as soon as possible!
Too bad we didn't have to meet this time, but better luck next time :D

Return to “International EBT-meetings”