EBT-Summer-Meeting 2014 Live@Turku

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EBT-Summer-Meeting 2014 Live@Turku

Post by brewerhki »

Luumi wrote:Thank you all! My meeting went a bit wrong in the end. Firstly, I unintentionally overslept on Sunday and that's why missed the whole last day. Secondly, when I left Turku on Monday evening, my car's brakes jammed and I had a smoking stop on the motorway. I came back home by train, visiting Helsinki also today. One must still think positively, now I had an opportunity and time to visit a bank in Helsinki first time in years. Possibly also in a few weeks when I have to make another 1100 km trip to Turku to get my car back home :twisted:

But anyways, it was nice to meet you all and I would've still come even I knew these problems in advance :)
We got back home safely. But last night somebody break into our car and it is very messy now. Well, good luck, nothing (except window they broke in from) seems to be broken, only things are lost. Too pissed off to go look the damage, but I will drink shitloads of beer now ;)
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

This is no nice surprise and we wonder what we will find when we will enter our flat in 6 hours from now. Hope your hangover is over by now.

Well, is still anybody of the international visitors ib Finland? Our plane will take off at 18.25 and nice memories and gratitude will be with us. Thanks so much for the meeting, dear organizers and warmest greetings to each and every participant. We hope to see you again some day.

HeartofGold and Asiamaniac
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

Now we are in our airplane. Bye-bye and Moi Moi Finland.
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by de*lerger »

Luumi wrote:Thank you all! My meeting went a bit wrong in the end. Firstly, I unintentionally overslept on Sunday and that's why missed the whole last day.
I knew that last stop on saturday night was one bar too far 8)
My map
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

I got home last Wednesday, but I want to thank you all for being there at the meeting.
Thanks also to the organizing team: they managed to get the items together for this group in a short time.

Luckily, I received a hit in Tallinn, otherwise this meeting would have been hitless for me (that's one thing I don't understand of Finland). So: "Leave your house and find my notes :evil: " (please???)

Another thing I didn't think about before coming to Finland was the weather: I didn't suspect to be over 30 degrees there.
I wonder where the next (Winter) meeting will be (how about Greece with minus 20 degrees ?? 8O ).
But first there will be the General Assembly at 28th September. See you there!!
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

I would like to thank the organisers and each an everyone of those who attended for their input in the meeting.

It was not a big one, but it was a good one.... quality vs quantity kind of thing.

We were very surprised with the weather and had expected colder nights, but it was a pleasant surprise for us.

Also thanks for helping me convince my friend Stephanie to join EBT ;).
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

I would also like to thank everyone who participated in the meeting, and everyone who assisted with the arrangements. I would also like to extend my thanks to Automatia (the company that is responsible for the ATMs) for not rushing to refill the ATMs that had run out of 50e notes. This saved us (and especially me) quite a lot of time.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Nomen Nescio
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Nomen Nescio »

Yes, a great thank you to the organizers and all participants. A very nice meeting indeed.

And that paricular ATM, that one was apparently in a very generous mode :lol:

Return to “International EBT-meetings”