W-EBTM2015 Larnaca (07-08 March 2015) - General Information

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

W-EBTM2015 Larnaca (07-08 March 2015) - General Information

Post by MDeen »

In this thread you will find the general information about the winter EBT meeting 2015 in Larnaca :flag-cy:.
The first message of this thread will be updated when there is new information so you can always refer to this for the latest and complete information.
Feel free to ask questions.
You can let us know if you are coming or not in this topic, and tell which hotel you are staying in here.
If you want, we can communicate using Whatsapp too. Send me (MDeen) your phone number by PM so I can add you to the group.

Date
The W-EBTM 2015 will be held in the weekend of 7 and 8 March 2015. Some activity might also be planned on Friday the 6th of March.

Getting there
The island of Cyprus has three international airports; Larnaca Airport is closest to the meeting and also the largest airport in terms of airlines served. Airlines such as Air Baltic, Austrian, British Airways, Cyprus Airways, easyJet, LOT, Lufthansa and Norwegian may take you here.
Paphos Airport is served by some of the same airlines, and also by Ryanair.
Ercan Airport, in the northern part of Cyprus (occupied by Turkey), offers connections through Istanbul.

Program

Friday
Since Crazy Bob and me will be in Larnaca beforehand, we invite everyone who is in Cyprus on Friday to have dinner together. Please meet us at 19:00 in Larnaca at the statue of Zenon (location: see Saturday).

Saturday
Meeting point on saturday is the square with the statue of Zenon of Citium at 9:30.
We plan to take the bus to Nicosia, departure at 10:00 at the Finikoudes Bus Stop in Larnaca which is located along the promenade where we meet. The bus will take about 1 hour so we will arrive around 11:00 in Nicosia at the Dionisiou Solomou Square (Plateia Solomou). First, we will visit the Cyprus Museum, which hosts a fine collection of antiquities found on the island. After about an hour, we walk to the Turkish border at Ledra Street. Crossing the border is pretty easy and relaxed. Please note that you need to declare any cash amounts of over 10.000 euros, but I assume nobody is THAT crazy :wink:

We will walk to the bazaar and the St. Sophia Cathedral (Selimiye Mosque), next to which there are plenty of terraces to have lunch. After lunch, we walk to the statue of Atatürk at the Kyrenia gate, the Venetian column, and as a bonus to the TEB Bank ATM which dispenses :note-50:'s so you all will be able to "score" the city Lefkoşa (although euros are accepted everywhere in the north, and you also get them as change).

Then it's back to the Greek part of Cyprus, where maybe some spare time remains before we take the bus back to Larnaca at 16:00 or 17:00 and have dinner there around 19:00 hours. If you only plan to visit for dinner, please join us at the statue of Zenon.

The cost for the bus is € 7,50 for a return trip. Bus details (departure times and route) can be found here.

The entrance fee for the museum is € 4,50.

Sunday
Walking tour of Larnaca in the morning.

Info about dothunting

I'm sure there will be people that want to get all the dots of Cyprus, this information is not for them. This is just information about the dots that we will visit or are near the places that we visit.
  • The city of Larnaca has one dot, together with the southeast part of Nicosia. The profile of the airport of Larnaca is in the same dot, even though the new airport of Larnaca is located more to the southwest in a different dot. The location of profile still reflects the old airport location.
  • The southwest part of Nicosia is one dot to the west of there. This is outside of the city center of Nicosia, but the bus makes two stops in this dot: Archbishop Makariou C' Avenue 1 and Nicosia General Hospital. People that are interested in this dot can opt to take a short walk to Archbishop Makariou C' Avenue (about 2 km) and take the bus there, or take an earlier bus to the hospital and join the group back to Larnaca there
  • The center of Nicosia, including the Turkish part is one dot north of that.
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: W-EBTM2015 Larnaca (07-08 March 2015) - General Informat

Post by maarsy »

first and important question , what are the banks like
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Hello, I know its a bit early, but I would like to know whether you have plans to visit Nicosia during the meeting, as that will have influence on the number of days I will stay.
Thanks
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Yes, probably on Saturday.
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Thanks CrazyBob.
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

First post updated with information.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

Modern times, modern types of communication.

Anyone who is using Whatsapp can send me their mobile phone number by PM so I can add you to a dedicated group and we can have a very short line of communication while we're on Cyprus. Don't worry if you don't have Whatsapp, we will also put locations and times here in this topic.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

I updated the dot information. It appears that the location of the profile for Larnaca airport is in the same dot as Larnaca city, even though the new Larnaca airport is located a bit more to the southwest, in a different dot.
bzajc
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by bzajc »

Doesn't the location managers have the possibility to move the dots to prefered location?
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

The weather forecast looks fantastic for next weekend! 21 degrees and sunny, so don't forget your sunscreen.

And don't forget your passport, reports about entering the occupied part of Cypus with just a national identity card are of mixed success, so it's handy to bring a passport.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

Ah, then I might have a problem. :mrgreen: I read everywehere that an ID card should be enough.
We'll see.
Lasterpaule
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Lasterpaule »

Crazy Bob wrote:And don't forget your passport, reports about entering the occupied part of Cypus with just a national identity card are of mixed success, so it's handy to bring a passport.
MDeen wrote:Ah, then I might have a problem. :mrgreen:
I'm not alone :twisted:
I read everywehere that an ID card should be enough.
We'll see.
We wait until they come back and drink a beer so long :wink:
Gruß Paul (Lasterpaule)
:note-5: :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: :note-100: :note-200: :note-500: <--- klick

Statistiken

„Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, der wird am Ende beides verlieren.“
Benjamin Franklin
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

OK, green light from a colleague of my father, who went to the North last November with a European ID-card. Apparently, it needs to be valid for a period of at least six months.
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

Crazy Bob wrote:OK, green light from a colleague of my father, who went to the North last November with a European ID-card. Apparently, it needs to be valid for a period of at least six months.
Damn, my passport is not that long valid...
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

brewerhki wrote:
Crazy Bob wrote:OK, green light from a colleague of my father, who went to the North last November with a European ID-card. Apparently, it needs to be valid for a period of at least six months.
Damn, my passport is not that long valid...
Unverified information on the internet says, that you are able to enter as long as you can show your return flight ticket back home, even with insufficient validity of your passport / ID card. Let's see how things work out.

Return to “International EBT-meetings”