W-EBTM15: Live from Cyprus

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: W-EBTM15: Live from Cyprus

Post by Elmo »

Just arrived in Larnaca, with a transfer in Kiev (of all places... :roll:), which allowed me to score two dots in the Ukraine. :D Now ready for some dothunting at Cyprus as well.
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

de*lerger wrote:So if you want to get (a lot of) fivers, the Bank of Cyprus is the best option.

Opening hours (during winter season, all banks): monday - friday 08:30 - 13:30 and monday afternoon 15:15 - 16:45.
It's always a pity if you arrive at the bank (in a small village, where I could become the number one user) at 13:35 : door closed :cry: :x . You can't get as many notes from the ATM.

On my trip I wanted to get notes from different banks, so I tried the "Cooperative Bank", but it doesn't accept my cards !!! (and that ATM was the only one in the village)
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by de*lerger »

eddydevries wrote:
de*lerger wrote:So if you want to get (a lot of) fivers, the Bank of Cyprus is the best option.

Opening hours (during winter season, all banks): monday - friday 08:30 - 13:30 and monday afternoon 15:15 - 16:45.
It's always a pity if you arrive at the bank (in a small village, where I could become the number one user) at 13:35 : door closed :cry: :x . You can't get as many notes from the ATM.

On my trip I wanted to get notes from different banks, so I tried the "Cooperative Bank", but it doesn't accept my cards !!! (and that ATM was the only one in the village)
I tried 3 atm's of the Coop bank (Larnaca, Pomos and Ayia Napa). ING and Rabo cards are not accepted although the Maestro sign is shown.
Atm's of the USB Bank only accept Visa
My map
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

51 notes to go to 400 000
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

We already said to some people at last bar, but let's say it again public. If some people are still around, we are going to beach terrace on sunday afternoon. Anyone wish to join us? Name a place and time
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Queuing for the TEB ATM in Lefkoşa:
Attachments
CIMG1351.JPG
CIMG1351.JPG (61.67 KiB) Viewed 2127 times
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by de*lerger »

Sunday is definately the day to visit Pachyammos: A lot of people and some miniature market.
After drinking coffee at the bar with avij, we didn't have to pay. A sign of Cypriotic hospitality, the owner said. But we did get some change from the market stall next to the churchgate, where they were selling nuts and sweets.
My map
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

I was back home yesterday evening at about 10 to 10 (local time). For me, the meeting was a success, I hope you all feel the same! 8)
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by de*lerger »

Just finished my breakfast at the airport. My plane is scheduled to leave in an hour.
Gonna spend a few days on the isles of Malta and then head for home on Friday.
My map
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

We got back home bit more than hour ago. Really tired, really poor (well, have some Cypriot and Austrian notes still, but not too many), but also really happy. Got 7 new dots, which was more than expected (well, we didn't plan to rent a car, and driving on left side wasn't problem). Managed also to visit both U.K. areas and also Turkish side, so it means 2 new countries (Cyprus and Turkey... hmm, still missing U.K. mainland from my dotmap).

Only 67 new notes for me (+ maybe around 10-20 for Lizbeth), which was less than expected. But I spread more notes from Finland to there. Hopefully somebody find those notes in Cyprus, U.K. areas, Turkey or Austria. Or those could travel somewhere else to be found. I still have a list of Finnish notes, and I will modify comments tomorrow, where did I spent these notes (I missed only one note, that I didn't write where I took it, but comment already says about W-EBTM 2015). And have part of the list of Cypriot notes, so I can modify later where I took those notes.

Was bit worried today, when visited bank near meeting place (no time to visit any other bank), but luckily didn't get any (moderated) hits. Also was lucky on Thursday(?), when we were at same restaurant with 3 other Ebters (realized that on Friday) and didn't get hits.

After all, big thanks to organizers and friends we meet. We liked Cyprus very much and weather was nice (it was snowing at home, when we left, so +20 temperature felt very nice). Want to say one negative thing still, flight from Wien/Vienna to Helsinki felt sometimes bit like a roller coaster, but landing itself was one of the nicest ever (Lizbeth even didn't realize, that we were on the ground). Hopefully we can join next meeting too.
MuenzMuc
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by MuenzMuc »

Back in cold Munich - missing the sun of Cyprus :wink:

Thank you to the organizers for planning this meeting!
It was very nice to meet familiar and unfamiliar trackers and to get to know this very interesting island! :D :D

Hope, we will see us in Bruxelles - or having a hit (or both) ;)
MuenzMuc
Lasterpaule
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Lasterpaule »

Many thanks to MDeen and Crazy Bob for the nice weekend on this beautiful island. :D
Gruß Paul (Lasterpaule)
:note-5: :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: :note-100: :note-200: :note-500: <--- klick

Statistiken

„Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, der wird am Ende beides verlieren.“
Benjamin Franklin
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

I arrived home yesterday already, but have still some "entering" to do.

But it seemed, Cyprus didn't want me to leave: on Wednesday (the day I left) it RAINED :-O .

Thank you Crazy Bob and MDeen for organizing this meeting and for each one for coming there.

I've managed to visit all parts of "Greek" Cyprus and almost to get the "A-Z bingo" (only the "I" wasn't possible anymore).

See you all in Brussels !!
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

MuenzMuc wrote:Back in cold Munich - missing the sun of Cyprus :wink:

Thank you to the organizers for planning this meeting!
It was very nice to meet familiar and unfamiliar trackers and to get to know this very interesting island! :D :D

Hope, we will see us in Bruxelles - or having a hit (or both) ;)
MuenzMuc
If you go to Brussels and if I go also... maybe you can try to find that Iron Maiden beer and bring it for me? I can try to find Motörhead beer for you :D
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE

Post by an-148 »

congrats to MDeen and Crazy Bob 8) 8) 8)
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “International EBT-meetings”