S-EBTM 2015 Belgium 28/08 - 30/08/2015 : General information

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

In this thread you will find the general information about the next Summer EBT meeting 2015 in Brussels & Antwerp :flag-be:.

The first message of this thread will be updated when there is new information so you can always refer to this for the latest and complete information.

Feel free to ask questions.

You can let us know if you are coming or not in this topic, and tell which hotel you are staying in here.

Date
The W-EBTM 2015 will be held from Friday, 28th August to Sunday, 30th August 2015.

Getting there
Belgium has several international and/or regional airports : Brussels National Airport (BRU), located in Zaventem, closest to the meeting and also the largest airport in terms of airlines served. BRU is served by major flights companies.
Brussels South Charleroi Airport (CRL), located in Gosselies, is one of the main airports of Ryanair company.
Other regional airports : Ostend-Bruges, located in Oostende-Raversijde (OST) & Liège, located in Bierset. (LGG).

You can also reach Brussels by train (Thalys, Eurostar, EuroCity international connections, IC-IR national links...) and by car (motorways E40, E411, E19, E403...)

ATTENTION !
1) From Brussels National Airport, you can easily take the train to Brussels city BUT you must take a special ticket - called "Diabolo fee" - with your normal train ticket : don't forget about it !
2) From all airports mentionned above, there are regional busses which go to the nearest train station (or directly to the main destination of this meeting ;) ) : STIB : bus 12 (or 21 in the evenings) to Brussels city - De Lijn : bus 6 to Oostende train station - TEC : bus A to Charleroi-Sud train station - TEC : bus 57 to Liège-Guillemins train station.

Program

Friday

- 13.00 : gather at the main entrance of the Central railway Station (called "Bruxelles-Central / Brussel-Centraal")
- 13.30 : visit to the National Bank of Belgium :arrow: make sure to bring ID-card or passport if you want to change money : you can change up to 3000 EUR at the counters (for those staying longer this is a monthly limit)
- after this (round 15:00), we can visit the National Bank of Belgium's museum there
- after : certainly a "free time period" before the dinner (address of the restaurant :arrow: to be confirmed later, but we hope to eat in the EC-quarter, not far from Berlaymont building & Schuman roundabout)

Saturday

- 9.30 : gather at the main entrance of the Central railway Station
- 10.00 Slabate and/or LArdennais :flag-be: will give us a tour of the center of Brussels (we hope to do that according to specific themes : history, comic strips, special :flag-be: pubs... :arrow: to be confirmed later)
- 13.00 : lunch (address of the restaurant :arrow: to be confirmed later), probably in the historical district called "Marolles")
- after the lunch : visit to "the big balls" of the Atomium
- "go back to Brussels" : certainly a "free time period" before a short drink in a typical "estaminet" and the the dinner (address of the restaurant :arrow: to be confirmed later, probably not far from the "Grand-Place / Grote Markt").

Sunday
- 9u30 : gather at the main entrance of the Central railway Station
- go to Antwerp by train : free city tour
- for those wo have time : possibility to go by train to the Netherlands (especially in Roosendaal)
- then, "go back to Antwerp and/or Brussels

Info about dothunting

There are 52 Dots in whole :flag-be: (it's not possible to do that in 3 days !). This is just information about the dots that we will visit or are near the places that we visit.
  • Brussels region is composed by 19 Municipalities which are situated in four different Dots : Jette - Koekelberg - Ganshoren... (N-O) // Haren - Evere - Woluwé-St-Lambert... (N-E) // Sint-Pieters Woluwe - Ouderghem - Watermaal-Bosvoorde... (S-E) // Uccle - Forest - Saint-Gilles... (S-O).
  • Antwerp municipality is situated in two different Dots : Escaut river and neighbourhood in western Dot - Antwerp centre in eastern Dot.

More information will be published here later.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: S-EBTM 2015 Belgium 28/08 - 30/08/2015 : General informa

Post by MDeen »

maarsy wrote: Sunday
- go to Antwerp by train : free city tour
What is meant by this? Are you going to cut us loose to freely roam the city or is it a guided tour which costs nothing?
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

It's an idea from maarsy, I prefer that he will answer to this question.
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

i like to see how many we get on the list , if there is only a handfull on the sunday i would rather see it a more personal tour where we go across the river to get the other dot
Jackgaillard
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jackgaillard »

hello
we are looking for free car park and public transport to go there
i found uccle STALLE car park then Tram line 4
is it ok or could you give us better solution ?
thanks by advance and see you soon
Jack
Ecouter Eurobilltracker sur les grosses têtes de Philippe Bouvard ICI
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

From :flag-fr: and E19-motorway, it's indeed the better solution.
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
mico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mico »

Hello! Is there a :flag-be: official web site where I can look for zip codes of Belgium :?:
Jackgaillard
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jackgaillard »

mico wrote:Hello! Is there a :flag-be: official web site where I can look for zip codes of Belgium :?:
Hello Michele
you can download this useful zip file (containing xls files)
PostCodesFrBe.zip
sincerely yours
Jack
Ecouter Eurobilltracker sur les grosses têtes de Philippe Bouvard ICI
mico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mico »

Jackgaillard wrote: you can download this useful zip file (containing xls files)
PostCodesFrBe.zip
thank you Jack

a question, please
if I track banknotes from Arrondissements # 4 and # 16 in Paris I track so:

75004 Paris
75016 Paris

but if I track banknotes from Municipalities # 4 and # 16 in Brussels I track so

1000 Brussels
1180 Uccle

or as follows :?:

1000 Brussels
1180 Brussels
Attachments
Brussels.JPG
Brussels.JPG (152.93 KiB) Viewed 3683 times
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

my own opinion would be to use the name of the municipalities , as i do so ( sometimes in combination with brussel in it )

just to try and save the names of the old towns
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

mico, you can use the two possibilities for each "Municipality" of Brussels Region. i.e. : If you type "1060 Bruxelles" or "1060 St-Gilles", your notes will include into the data of St-Gilles.

slabate
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by slabate »

Most of us Belgian EBTers try to be as precise and direct as possible as far as localization is concerned, therefore I would suggest you to enter your notes under "Saint-Gilles 1060" (or "Sint-Gillis 1060" if you want to use the Dutch name) so that everyone can see right away where you found your notes — instead of a not directly explicit "Brussels 1060" or something like that. After all, Saint-Gilles/Sint-Gillis and such are municipalities in their own right, so why link them up with the region they belong to? No one ever enters things like "Namur (Wallonia)" :mrgreen:

Most municipalities consist of several cities/towns/villages/hamlets, some of which used to be municipalities (e.g. Brussels-City comprises Brussels-City, Haeren/Haren, Neder-over-Heembeek and Laeken/Laken), so I would advise everyone to enter their bills in the most precise way possible.
http://belgianlicenceplates.blogspot.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mico »

thanks to everybody

next month I will track 1020 Laeken, 1060 Saint-Gilles and 1180 Uccle
wally2cv
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by wally2cv »

mico wrote:thanks to everybody

next month I will track 1020 Laeken, 1060 Saint-Gilles and 1180 Uccle
The Atomium is @ Laken !
PSV-Fan since 1970

Eppur si muove (Theme 11th worldmeeting of 2cv-friends Ptuj, Slovenia 1995)
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

The two names are good, wally2cv : we are in a "drietalig land", don't forget about it ! ;)

Return to “International EBT-meetings”