S-EBTM 2015 Belgium 28/08 - 30/08/2015 : Important Reminder

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

S-EBTM 2015 Belgium 28/08 - 30/08/2015 : Important Reminder

Post by eddydevries »

Hey,

Since there are new members coming to our official Eurobilltrackermeeting, I would like to remind you to the following.

The meeting is not to get hits with eachother. Those hits will be moderated as uninteresting meetinghits.

So please do mind next guidelines:

* Bring only 5 euronotes or coins to the meeting
* If you pay your share of the cost, pay it as much as you can in 5 euro notes or coins. The organisers will not enter them in EBT, so they will not get moderated
* If you spend money during the meeting (to get lunch, drink, ...) consider also using 5-ers.
* The notes you receive on the days of the event, should always get "S-EBTM2015 Brussels" in the commentfield.

And a tip of a "diehard" meetingexpert

* Don't go changing your money in banks near the meetingpoints, chances are enormous that another ebt-member already been there before you. And the resulting hits will be moderated to uninteresting.

Please spread the word!

Thanks and have fun!!!
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: S-EBTM 2015 Belgium 28/08 - 30/08/2015 : Important Remin

Post by GWR7007 »

eddydevries wrote: * Bring only 5 euronotes or coins to the meeting
* If you pay your share of the cost, pay it as much as you can in 5 euro notes or coins. The organisers will not enter them in EBT, so they will not get moderated
* If you spend money during the meeting (to get lunch, drink, ...) consider also using 5-ers.
I fear that I don't have that much :note-5: . But if I'm paying a share of something, and it's 10€ why may I not pay it with a :note-10: ? I wouldn't get any notes back; so there is no chance to get an already tracked note I enter accidentally.

Btw.: When I attended the Dutch national meetings, I -partially- also paid with notes not being a :note-5: and no one said a word :roll:
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

GWR7007 wrote:
I fear that I don't have that much :note-5: . But if I'm paying a share of something, and it's 10€ why may I not pay it with a :note-10: ? I wouldn't get any notes back; so there is no chance to get an already tracked note I enter accidentally.
If you're sure you won't get notes as change you can pay with :note-10: (even with :note-20: or :note-50: ).
But as "natural behaviour" EBT-ers pay with larger notes to get notes as change. With meetings this just isn't the right way to act. When someone only takes :note-5: with him/her, (s)he can't mistake.
GWR7007 wrote:Btw.: When I attended the Dutch national meetings, I -partially- also paid with notes not being a :note-5: and no one said a word :roll:
The meetings you were with were such a small meetings we could watch each other ;) (maybe you didn't notice, but we checked all the things you did :mrgreen: ). So there were no accidentally hits :P .
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

eddydevries wrote:

And a tip of a "diehard" meetingexpert

* Don't go changing your money in banks near the meetingpoints, chances are enormous that another ebt-member already been there before you. And the resulting hits will be moderated to uninteresting.

wich wont be a problem as most banks do not have cash counters anymore and wont change if u are not a client of them
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

GWR7007 wrote:

Btw.: When I attended the Dutch national meetings, I -partially- also paid with notes not being a :note-5: and no one said a word :roll:
I think the rule second rule "If you pay your share of the cost, pay it as much as you can in 5 euro notes or coins." is not very important (I think it can be taken out). As stated: organisers will not enter them in EBT. They will either use them to pay the restaurant, use them in later transactions after the meeting or deposit them at their bank. The risk of meetinghits from these notes is practically 0.

The third rule "If you spend money during the meeting (to get lunch, drink, ...) consider also using 5-ers" is more important. Sure, if you don't have :note-5: then you don't have :note-5: . But experience learns that eventually one of your :note-10: :note-20: or :note-50: will migrate to a fellow EBTer during the meet. I think there is not a meeting where this has not happened and you always wonder "how has this happened?".
Simple: you received change in notes. So the rule should be more like: try not to get change in notes.

But also: it is not a crime. It is just a meeting hit and it will be moderated.
mico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mico »

MDeen wrote:But also: it is not a crime. It is just a meeting hit and it will be moderated.
it's correct

and if one of my :note-5: or :note-10: , spent in Belgium during SEBTM 2015, will be found in Brussel in october 2015, will it be moderated :?:
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

Of course, not ! Enfin...I hope ! :P
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

important reminder when u go to the national bank / do not give old series :note-5: :note-10: to the cashier it will be a waste of the notes as they will never see daylight again
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

Yes, and another one : pay your notes with a card (debit or credit card) : you won't have the limit of 3000 EUR (the only one limit is the limit of your card ;) ). If you pay cash the notes, there's a limit of 3000 EUR per person.
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

LArdennais wrote:Yes, and another one : pay your notes with a card (debit or credit card) : you won't have the limit of 3000 EUR (the only one limit is the limit of your card ;) ). If you pay cash the notes, there's a limit of 3000 EUR per person.
At NBB Hasselt, they don't accept credit cards, only debit cards. I never paid using Visa or Mastercard at NBB Brussel but it would be strange if they don't apply the same rules.
You are not allowed to use someone else's passport to change money neighther.
As said before, all old design :note-5: & :note-10: spent at NBB will be directly destroyed. As new :note-20: are released soon, I wouldn't spent :note-20: at NBB too as (I guess) they will not leave NBB neigther .. :roll: .
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

i once had the problem of being :note-20: short and they did not take visa at brussels iether ...
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

bhoeyb wrote:At NBB Hasselt, they don't accept credit cards, only debit cards. I never paid using Visa or Mastercard at NBB Brussel but it would be strange if they don't apply the same rules.
At BNB Liège, only debit cards (Bancontact) too. but in BNB Brussels, I have personnaly seen a :flag-fr: person paying with his "Carte Bleue" - and it's a credit card.

maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

IMPORTANT REMINDER

KBC BANK NEAR THE STATION

i know a few of us used it but the entrance of the building is a different post code

Kbc Bank Antwerpen Opera

De Keyserlei 1

2018 Antwerpen

Return to “International EBT-meetings”