S-EBTM 2015: Live from Belgium

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Re: S-EBTM 2015: Live from Belgium

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Funny coincidence: :mrgreen:

I just had lunch with a Finnish friend of mine who returned from summer vacation - or, in fact, she already returned during the weekend and spent a wonderful, sunny day in Antwerp with another Finnish friend of hers.

The sun was shining, the weather was hot, so at some point these two ladies had found a restaurant terrace and sat down to drink something. Looking behind their sunglasses, one of them became curious because she thought she saw a group of tourists wearing t-shirts with some Finnish text on.

I think you'll guess the rest. It was the tracker group in their uniform, and the text was indeed in Finnish. Luckily I had told my friend some basics about EBT over the years, so she was able to inform her friend what it is about - although she didn't know that this year's international meeting was held here in Belgium.
Luumi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Luumi »

Haha, what a funny coincidence. It still good that they at least knew what's going on. :)
Finnish forum moderator
Support team member
Finnish 16th / International 178th (Oct 2023)
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

I'm also at home again (since yesterday evening).

Thanks to maarsy and essel/slabate for organizing this meeting in two beautiful cities :D .
And of course to LArdennais as well who couldn't be with us :? .....

It was nice to see some users in person for the first time or again :)

@Annie_in_exile
A very nice story :P :lol: . Let's see whether one or all of them start tracking :mrgreen: .
Last edited by GWR7007 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Well, one of them will not start tracking, that's for sure. I've suggested it several times over the years, but no result there. Occasionally, we exchange notes so that I can register theirs, but even that does not happen too often.
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

Thanks organizers for the meeting. It was fun, well organized. Trip became really expensive for us, didn't calculate yet, 'cause that is too scary :) Anyway, it was worth of it. Visited few places, that wanted to visit for ages. But for Ebt-stuff, got 10 new cities including 3 new countries, 8 new dots (10 for Lizbeth), only 60 notes (+ Lizbeth's notes). Number of notes wasn't too good, but we spread maybe 150 around. Most of them have comment with specified location to spent, other has just something like "spent in this trip in xxx, xxx, xxx or xxx". We somehow missed all the banks during the trip. In Luxembourg we went inside the bank, but they said, they cannot change money between 1 and 2pm. And time was of course 1:10pm and of course we were in a hurry to move on. Blah, better luck next time. Also wanted to speak more with old, and new, friends. But that just happens always, time is always short. And about next meeting, we have some destination in our mind to have next holiday (of course that mind change before booking fly tickets). So if next meeting will be held in that area, we will join, but otherwise we probably won't have money/time enough to join (or we may surprise). Anyway, we have good feeling over all about last meeting + holiday around it. Thanks and see you, if not in next meeting, then some future meeting.

Edit: we also missed 3 easy dots on the way :oops:
mico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mico »

the meeting has finished one week ago... and I hope it's not too late to thank all the SEBTM 2015 organizers :oops:

many many thanks to slabate and maarsy: they were two well prepared touristic guides in historical and ATM subjects :D
and many thanks to LArdennais for the choice of restaurants. I appreciated very much the Brussels Grill close to the Grand Place
so the following days I tasted the same restaurant in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode / Sint-Joost-ten-Node and in Ixelles / Elsene

I was also happy to meet old and new friends with which spending two days together

Return to “International EBT-meetings”