W-EBTM2016:Dublin (02-03/Apr/2016) - Who will come?

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: W-EBTM2016:Dublin (02-03/Apr/2016) - Who will come?

Post by MDeen »

Guys, guys. The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

any one else who had planned to fly from zaventem ? I might have to look for a plan B
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Maarsy, when were you supposed to fly out? It's quite understandable, since the attack took place only yesterday, that the airport is still closed, but according to official estimates, they're trying to get everything functional as of tomorrow. My own flight is still more than a week away, and I'm not making any other plans, hoping and believing that everything will be up and working again quite soon.
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

next week yes , I'm just thinking ... investigations , renovations ,
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

And now they have extended the closure by two days, at least. I was thinking that obviously the area is too large and too damaged to be completely renovated in just a few days, but maybe they could find a less affected section of the building and offer reduced services there. Of course, each and every day creates more and more backlog - people who have been visiting and would need to fly out, and thousands of people who had planned to spend their Easter abroad and are now stuck here.

May I be curious and ask what would be your plan B?
eurostyle
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurostyle »

We shall take our plane in Eindhoven Wednesday, March 30th.
Avec le temps et la patience, la feuille de mûrier devient de la soie (proverbe chinois)
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

Annie_in_exile wrote:And now they have extended the closure by two days, at least. I was thinking that obviously the area is too large and too damaged to be completely renovated in just a few days, but maybe they could find a less affected section of the building and offer reduced services there. Of course, each and every day creates more and more backlog - people who have been visiting and would need to fly out, and thousands of people who had planned to spend their Easter abroad and are now stuck here.

May I be curious and ask what would be your plan B?

as far as I understood my airline flies from Charleroi now , but I had picked zaventem as I could get home and take a bus right away that stops there - no killer parking fee's for the car

going to Charleroi is 2-3 times further away , will need to drive as there is no direct bus line , and as they say now be sure to come 3 hour before departure ( going to be close as I have to work in the morning ) not even sure is that flight is still at the same time
claudio vda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by claudio vda »

Hello, I am sorry but due to the fact that my new job gives me few holidays (for the moment, I hope :roll: ) I will not be able to attend the meeting.
My statistics on EBTCHECK (Latest update 11.03.2024)
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Like Maarsy, I'm also waiting for some kind of decision from the airport authorities about if and when Zaventem is going to be re-opened. I mean it's quite ok if we know in advance that all the flights of a certain period of time are only operated from Charleroi, but I'm pretty sure that with my luck we would first drive to Charleroi and leave our car there, then fly to Dublin for a nice extended weekend, and while we're there, the authorities would make a new decision about opening Zaventem to normal traffic... and returning from Dublin we would land in Brussels, whilst the car would still be in Charleroi. :mrgreen:
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

That would be a very possible scenario, and a very bad one. Is it possible to cancel the flight and maybe get one from Amsterdam or Eindhoven?
eurostyle
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurostyle »

Ryan Air proposes some flights between Eindhoven en Dublin.
Avec le temps et la patience, la feuille de mûrier devient de la soie (proverbe chinois)
Euro~Bräu
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Euro~Bräu »

Hello everybody,
Unfortunately I have to cancel the meeting shortly.
Would be very anxious to be there.
Wish you all a nice meeting in Dublin with many hits.

Best wishes
Euro~Bräu
Grüße an alle
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Unfortunately, Ryanair only accepts rebooking of cancelled flights, and technically they only cancelled flights on the day of the attacks, last Tuesday. Since they moved the later flights to Charleroi, that does not give the customer any extra rights to require further services.

Also, there's information only for tomorrow, not any further. Since I have to make arrangements at work in order to take my dog to a kennel outside of Brussels, I just can't leave the decisions to the very last minute. So, the situation is very interesting for the moment and nothing has been decided as of yet.
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

MDeen wrote:That would be a very possible scenario, and a very bad one. Is it possible to cancel the flight and maybe get one from Amsterdam or Eindhoven?
I am limited to flights between a certain time - as i still need to work - if i need to get to the Netherlands for a flight I'm even more restricted
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

maarsy wrote:
MDeen wrote:That would be a very possible scenario, and a very bad one. Is it possible to cancel the flight and maybe get one from Amsterdam or Eindhoven?
I am limited to flights between a certain time - as i still need to work - if i need to get to the Netherlands for a flight I'm even more restricted
its been confirmed that until the 1 st of april they will fly from Charleroi , what means I cant go to the airport by public transport from my work place and will need to use my car . in return this will mean if I fly back on sunday and the normal flight plan has resumed I will land at zaventem and be stuck there with no car

also been waiting to book a hotel due to the uncertainty -> availability gone down and price gone up

to rebook the flight all together at this point could be a financial disaster

not missed a single meeting since 2008 but it is starting to look like it is going to hurt now

Return to “International EBT-meetings”