W-EBTM2016:Dublin (02-03/Apr/2016) - Who will come?

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: W-EBTM2016:Dublin (02-03/Apr/2016) - Who will come?

Post by maarsy »

Annie_in_exile wrote:Unfortunately, Ryanair only accepts rebooking of cancelled flights, and technically they only cancelled flights on the day of the attacks, last Tuesday. Since they moved the later flights to Charleroi, that does not give the customer any extra rights to require further services.

Also, there's information only for tomorrow, not any further. Since I have to make arrangements at work in order to take my dog to a kennel outside of Brussels, I just can't leave the decisions to the very last minute. So, the situation is very interesting for the moment and nothing has been decided as of yet.
Ryanair is offering to refund flights even if they are not cancelled but " moved to a different airport "
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

About lodging: have you tried airbnb?
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

LArdennais wrote:Perhaps ... Maybe ...
Sorry but I will work next Saturday in my :flag-be: bus. Have a nice meeting ! ;)
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Ryanair is offering to refund flights even if they are not cancelled but " moved to a different airport "
Yeah, that text is new, since yesterday.

I still don't know what to do, either. Today would be the last possible day to cancel the accommodation, otherwise they'll charge for it. Personally speaking, it would be possible to take a bus from Brussels to Charleroi, but it would also be utterly inconvenient due to their timetables and the fact that one should be at the airport at least three hours in advance. Also, I've had a friend visiting me over Easter, and it wasn't easy to rebook their flights either, so I'm quite tired at the moment and would also appreciate a quiet weekend at home, just resting. But it's so hard to give up the thought of going to a meeting - I haven't been able to join you in Cyprus or other nice places lately, and I'm also worried that the meetings are becoming more and more scarce.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

There is a half-hourly bus shuttle from Bruxelles-Midi to Charleroi Airport that takes only 55 minutes and is only 14 euro per trip.
https://www.brussels-city-shuttle.com/en/timetable

And 3 hours in advance at the airport? I don't know when the gate closes (usually 30 minutes before departure) and if you have bags to drop, but to me 1,5 hours would be more than enough time.
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Yeah, I know. It's just that now that the Brussels metro is still not operating like it normally should, and I live quite far from the place where the airport bus starts its journey, I'd either need quite a lot of extra time to find a working connection there (bus/metro/tram whatever, or pay extra for a taxi.

And the 3-hour buffer time isn't as excessive as it may sound. Now that Zaventem is out of the picture and lots of flights have been diverted to other Belgian airports, Charleroi has become quite busy and handles much more passagers than usually. Obviously, you might be lucky and get through all the checkpoints in much shorter time, but if not.. well, there you are, stuck in the queues when the flight takes off.
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

I'm sorry, I'm not coming to Dublin. :(
In the end, there were too many little details to take care of, so I thought that maybe the universe is trying to tell me something, and I decided to listen this time.
Hope to see you guys later this year, "we'll meet again, don't know when, don't know where, but we'll meet again some sunny day".
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

providing no extra work comes in I can leave haf an hour sooner so I should be there about " 3 hour " before departure , I have every confidence zaventem wont be in working order so I will take the chance to leave my car at charleroi

and I found a last minute hotel at an acceptable price in the centre of Dublin

as long as there is no accident on the highway or I get a last minute big delivery at work I can be there
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

eddydevries wrote:I'm not sure at this moment, but I'll try to come too.
Now I see, I didn't confirm my joining to the meeting.

But unfortunately, I won't be able to go to Ireland.
So it will be the first International meeting during my EBT-period I won't be present :( .

Have a good time over there !!
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing

Return to “International EBT-meetings”