W-EBTM2016 Ireland : Meeting hits

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

MuenzMuc
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Re: W-EBTM2016 Ireland : Meeting hits

Post by MuenzMuc »

gergapsek wrote:
The meeting is not to get hits with eachother. Those hits will be moderated as meetinghits.

So please do mind next guidelines:

* Bring only 5 euronotes or coins to the meeting
* If you pay your share of the cost, pay it as much as you can in 5 euro notes. The organisers will not enter them in EBT, so they will not get moderated (They will get spend in Vienna/Bratislava area so it's in your advantage as well)
* If you spend money during the meeting (to get lunch, drink, ...) consider also using 5-ers.
* The notes you receive on the days of the event, should always get "S-EBTM09 Vienna" in the commentfield.
Hello gergapsek, thanks for this clear words!

But: This is the guideline for the MEETING - not for the days before or after a meeting. The time before and after is private time. And the discussed hits were on places far away of the meeting.
So they are interesting hits and they have not to be moderated.

Thanks and best regards, MuenzMuc
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

This is also a meeting hit :) Some of you might categoriate this as a friendly hit, but I hadn't any idea that cinnamon had been (?) in that shop before my grandfather. So just a real hit, of course not so unexpectable than a hit from Irish user.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
eurostyle
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurostyle »

https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=162996772

I insist !!
This hit is an interessant hit that happens in a foreign country which is the one of the meeting.
March 31st in more than 200 km from Dublin with tigerpranke whom I didn't know before !!
I saw him for the first time in the first appointment of the meeting.
And you said that it's a friendly hit !! Are you serious ? Reassure me, it's a joke 8O
In this case, all the hits made in the country of the meeting a few weeks before and a few weeks after this meeting must be moderated !!
I say ALL THE HITS !
Good job my dear !! :evil: :twisted:
Avec le temps et la patience, la feuille de mûrier devient de la soie (proverbe chinois)
Cinnamon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Cinnamon »

Aatos99 wrote:This is also a meeting hit :) Some of you might categoriate this as a friendly hit, but I hadn't any idea that cinnamon had been (?) in that shop before my grandfather. So just a real hit, of course not so unexpectable than a hit from Irish user.
We sat there at the cafe eating & drinking when you arrived. Thought you saw us since we said hello to your father and your grandfather.
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

Cinnamon wrote:
Aatos99 wrote:This is also a meeting hit :) Some of you might categoriate this as a friendly hit, but I hadn't any idea that cinnamon had been (?) in that shop before my grandfather. So just a real hit, of course not so unexpectable than a hit from Irish user.
We sat there at the cafe eating & drinking when you arrived. Thought you saw us since we said hello to your father and your grandfather.
Yes, I didn't see you in the cafe, but after that in the queu. :oops: Maybe I wouldn't have entered it if I had seen you already in the cafe :roll:
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

gergapsek wrote:
tigerpranke wrote:gergabsek, thanks for your reply.

I unmoderated the hit myself as nobody contacted me regarding this hit before moderation. That was why I was asking who was the one who moderated the hit.

Yes, maybe this hit wouldn't have happened if there hasn't been a meeting, but it was days before the meeting and :flag-ie: Kilimer is 220 km away from :flag-ie: Dublin, no bank involved (bundles) but the toll on a ferry. So I and others wouldn't call it a meeting hit to be moderated. When there was the meeting in :flag-de: Munich a hit in :flag-de: Schaffhausen (nearly the same distance) 3 days before the meeting would have been treated the same? I don't think so. That is why this hit is not to be moderated.

A meeting hit to be moderated - in my opinion - is a hit around the meeting place / town with another participant. I'm not interested in hit ratio and therefore I didn't know that :flag-ie: Dalkey is "Japh-land". I was there because of driving the 2 others to the dot, not to "produce" a hit. AFTER getting diesel at the petrol station we called Japh and met him. He told us, that this was one of his sources and he showed us his way of marking notes. I agree, those hits could or could not be moderated - but it was not against the rules:

There's one basic rule: you shouldn't enter a note if you know in advance that it has already been entered by someone else

By the way:
You've entered more notes in Dalkey than me, but maybe you didn't enter notes marked by Japh :wink:
I could repeat myself with the things written in the posts before and I think my opinion is clear, so I will not start here an endless discussion. Maybe only this guideline from the SEBM 2009 - it's a pity the organisers didn't post something like this, but this are more or less the guidelines on meetings for years:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18183
Summer EBTM09: Important Reminder!

OdgovorNapisal/-a Mr Euro » 06 Avg 2009, 22:24
Hey,

Since there are loads of new members coming to our official Eurobilltrackermeeting, I would like to remind you to the following.

The meeting is not to get hits with eachother. Those hits will be moderated as meetinghits.

* If you pay your share of the cost, pay it as much as you can in 5 euro notes. The organisers will not enter them in EBT, so they will not get moderated (They will get spend in Vienna/Bratislava area so it's in your advantage as well)
* If you spend money during the meeting (to get lunch, drink, ...) consider also using 5-ers.
* The notes you receive on the days of the event, should always get "S-EBTM09 Vienna" in the commentfield.
I'm sorry I didn't post the "rules" for this meeting as I used to do for the other meetings.
A few years ago we added a remark to the guidelines to clear the situation.
The last one I posted for the meeting in Brussels:
Onderwerp: S-EBTM 2015 Belgium 28/08 - 30/08/2015 : Important Reminder
eddydevries wrote:Hey,

Since there are new members coming to our official Eurobilltrackermeeting, I would like to remind you to the following.

The meeting is not to get hits with eachother. Those hits will be moderated as uninteresting meetinghits.

* If you pay your share of the cost, pay it as much as you can in 5 euro notes or coins. The organisers will not enter them in EBT, so they will not get moderated
* The notes you receive on the days of the event, should always get "S-EBTM2015 Brussels" in the commentfield.

And a tip of a "diehard" meetingexpert

* Don't go changing your money in banks near the meetingpoints, chances are enormous that another ebt-member already been there before you. And the resulting hits will be moderated to uninteresting.

Please spread the word!

Thanks and have fun!!!
The guidelines are for during the meeting, so Friday, Saturday, Sunday at the spots where the meeting is. So if you decide to skip a part of the organized meeting, go somewhere else and get notes there these guidelines don't work. If a note you become there is a hit, you might consider it as a meeting hit, but doesn't automatically mean it's an "uninteresting meeting hit" (the rules considering "normal hits" apply).
There's one exception:
Because people change large amounts of notes at banks, it's quite ordinary when two EBT-ers change at the same bank they will get each others notes. Therefor we don't recommend to change at banks near meeting places (but if you change at a bank in another town the chance the notes were deposited by another meeting visitor is so little, they might be interesting).

So a meeting hit is not automatically an uninteresting hit.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

Very likely one of the notes I took back with me. Taken from the ATM while waiting for everyone to gather for the city tour.
https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=166395010
Lasterpaule
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Lasterpaule »

My way out of Dublin to Munich led me over copenhagen ... a bill from there was found in Berlin
Gruß Paul (Lasterpaule)
:note-5: :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: :note-100: :note-200: :note-500: <--- klick

Statistiken

„Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, der wird am Ende beides verlieren.“
Benjamin Franklin
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

I received this bill as change from buying breakfast the last morning in Ireland. Now it has been found back in The Netherlands 8)
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

A hit from one of the bills I got at a bank: https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=174148650
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

Finally got my first one, thought that wouldn't even get it :D

Return to “International EBT-meetings”