W-EBTM 2017 Post your candidacy here!

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

W-EBTM 2017 Post your candidacy here!

Post by eddydevries »

The S-EBTM 2016 just finished, so you can start thinking about the Winter EBT Meeting of next year.

In this topic, you can volunteer to organize Winter EBT Meeting 2017.

Because this year there was enough time to organise both the Winter- and the Summer-meeting (unlike previous years), the BoD wishes also the next Winter meeting to be organized not too late.
The best period would be in the winter, so up until the end of March.

Requirements/conditions/guidelines for organizers:
  • Two organizers or more. One will be appointed as the main organizer
  • The main organizer is at least 21 years old
  • The main organizer should be able to communicate in English
  • At least one of the organizers should have participated in an official international Eurobilltracker meeting
  • At least one of the organizers should live in or know the city where the event will take place very well
  • At least one of the organizers should have organized a national EBT meeting
Requirements/conditions/guidelines for candidate city:
  • The city should have a certain touristic appeal. International EBTM participants will stay for more than one day and they should be able to see more things than they will see on the meeting day.
  • The city should be located near an international airport.
  • The city should have a railroad station, preferable an international railroad station
  • There should be youth hostels nearby where people can stay cheap
  • There should be a few restaurants which are able to have a large group of people eating there or two/three restaurants located near each other which can handle some smaller groups.
Remember this a checklist. If a candidate doesn't match all of these conditions, it still can be a candidate to organize an official international eurobilltracker meeting.
Still, the more requirements a candidate-organizing team has, the more credibility the candidacy has.

Candidates, place your candidacy here in this thread.
If you do so, please give us:
  • The name(s) of the organizing team;
  • The city you want to organize Winter EBTM17 in;
  • The dates that you can organize it; a detailed schedule of the event is not needed, the big lines are appreciated.
Please, keep this thread for candidates only!
Last edited by eddydevries on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Because of the lack of time to organize a winter meeting in the winter, there won't be a winter meeting in 2017.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: W-EBTM 2017 Post your candidacy here!

Post by eddydevries »

No-one wants to have visitors from all over Europe and to increase the number of international hits ?????????????????????????????????????
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL

Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

eddydevries wrote:No-one wants to have visitors from all over Europe and to increase the number of international hits ?????????????????????????????????????
If there are no other candidates, I think I could be at least one of the organizers. Then meeting would be placed in Helsinki :flag-fi: (or partly in other cities), but I promise to organize this. I'm not 18 yet (in 2017 yes), but I have organized two meetings in Finland and have been organizing the S-EBTM in Turku 2014. Of course, it would be nice to get other organizers, but I can go with myself also. (It's not really hard to reserve restaurants and plan program) :)
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

W-EBTM in Helsinki

Post by Aatos99 »

About meeting program of Helsinki :flag-fi: meeting; it would be a full weekend again. I don't have exact plans yet, but when the time is decided, I can start reserving restaurants.

Early plans for the meeting program;

FRIDAY
-late meeting in restaurant for the people who have already arrived

SATURDAY
-walk/tourist bus drive across the centre of Helsinki and the most important sightseeing spots
-lunch in some place
(-maybe continuation to the sightseeing tour)
-some hours shopping or being in hotel etc.
-meeting in restaurant

SUNDAY
-being in city, sightseeing, picnic, etc. for the people who are in the city AND possibly dot-hunting. Dot-hunting could be done in any day, depending on your plans and willing drivers/available cars

In this program only meeting place would be our capital, Helsinki, but if it sounds a good idea for you, we could also meet at least with some EBTers in other cities/do dot-hunting more largely for example in Porvoo area, east of Helsinki.

I should now decide the date, and it would be nice to know, which time suits best for you! W-EBTM in 2016 was kept in the beginning of April, is that time good also for this year?
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

The organizing of the Winter meeting was discussed tonight at the BoD-meeting (Board of Directors).

The nomination of Helsinki was a valid one.

But we believed the time is getting too short to organize everything, attendants asking permission to have a leave, booking flights and hotels. At least: too short to have the meeting in the winter.

Because we want the meetings to be succesful, it seems us to be better to skip the W-EBTM 2017 and start right away with the nomination of the S-EBTM 2017. This will give anyone more time to get prepared (and maybe some of you have extra ideas).
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL

Return to “International EBT-meetings”