S-EBTM 2017: Nominate your City

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

S-EBTM 2017: Nominate your City

Post by eddydevries »

Because the Winter meeting 2017 doesn't take place, it is time again to start thinking about the Summer EBT Meeting of this year.

In this topic, you can volunteer to organize Summer EBT Meeting 2017. This topic will be closed on 12th of February 2017 (around 17:00 GMT / 18:00 CET / 19:00 EET), so the BoD can start to discuss about the candidates in February.

To avoid problems with the time for organising the Winter EBT meeting 2018, the BoD wisches the Summer meeting to be organized not too late.
The period suggested would be in the summer (from July to September), with the suggestion of August.

Requirements/conditions/guidelines for organizers:
  • Two organizers or more. One will be appointed as the main organizer
  • The main organizer is at least 21 years old
  • The main organizer should be able to communicate in English
  • At least one of the organizers should have participated in an official international Eurobilltracker meeting
  • At least one of the organizers should live in or know the city where the event will take place very well
  • At least one of the organizers should have organized a national EBT meeting
Requirements/conditions/guidelines for candidate city:
  • The city should have a certain touristic appeal. International EBTM participants will stay for more than one day and they should be able to see more things than they will see on the meeting day.
  • The city should be located near an international airport.
  • The city should have a railroad station, preferable an international railroad station
  • There should be youth hostels nearby where people can stay cheap
  • There should be a few restaurants which are able to have a large group of people eating there or two/three restaurants located near each other which can handle some smaller groups.
Remember this a checklist. If a candidate doesn't match all of these conditions, it still can be a candidate to organize an official international eurobilltracker meeting.
Still, the more requirements a candidate-organizing team has, the more credibility the candidacy has.

Candidates place your candidacy here in this thread before 12th February.
If you do so, give us:
  • The name(s) of the organizing team;
  • The city you want to organize Summer EBTM17 in;
  • The dates that you can organize it; a detailed schedule of the event is not needed, the big lines are appreciated.
Please, keep this thread for candidates only!
Last edited by eddydevries on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Nomination of Helsinki is approved.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: S-EBTM 2017: Nominate your City

Post by Aatos99 »

I'm ready to organize this meeting in summer, so I removed my earlier message to this topic.

About program of Helsinki :flag-fi: meeting; it would be a full weekend again. I don't have exact plans yet, but when the time is decided, I can start reserving restaurants.

Early plans for the meeting program;

FRIDAY
-late meeting in restaurant for the people who have already arrived

SATURDAY
-walk/tourist bus drive across the centre of Helsinki and the most important sightseeing spots (maybe; the Suomenlinna island with old fort)
-lunch in some place
(-maybe continuation to the sightseeing tour)
-some hours shopping or being in hotel etc.
-meeting in restaurant

SUNDAY
-being in city, sightseeing, picnic, etc. for the people who are in the city AND possibly dot-hunting. Dot-hunting could be done in any day, depending on your plans and willing drivers/available cars

OR

trip to Tallinn, Estonia :flag-ee: . I got a very good idea from Fons to have Estonia and Finland included in the same meeting. :D That is very easy, because travelling from Helsinki to Tallinn is cheap and takes about 2 hours by the fastest ferries. Whole Sunday could be spent in Tallinn, and some of you might be interested in staying in Estonia more time for doing dot-hunting etc.

In this program only meeting place would be our capital, Helsinki, but if it sounds a good idea for you, we could also meet at least with some EBTers in other cities/do dot-hunting more largely for example in Porvoo area, east of Helsinki.

If Summer EBT-meeting 2017 will be held in Helsinki, I think the best time to organize it would be in the end of July/in the beginning of August. I'm also open to other ideas for date.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: S-EBTM 2017: Nominate your City

Post by eddydevries »

Aatos99, The Board just discussed your candidacy of Helsinki to have the Summer meeting of 2017.

And guess: It's approved !!!

I think the next thing to do is to set the date for the meeting.

You can choose it yourself, of you can open a poll with some dates as proposal. It's up to you.

I'll copy your candidacy into a new topic "General Information" (you can edit it).
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing

Return to “International EBT-meetings”