S-EBTM2017: Helsinki (28.-30.7.2017) - General Information

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

Which date/s are possible for you to attend S-EBTM 2017 in Helsinki?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:29 pm

21.-23.7.
17%
28.-30.7.
42%
4.-6.8.
8%
11.-13.8.
33%

Total votes: 24

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: S-EBTM2017: Helsinki (28.-30.7.2017) - General Information

Post by eddydevries »

Crazy Bob wrote:We (MDeen and myself) are returning our rental car on Friday afternoon at 5 o'clock in Malminkatu, so afterwards we will be ready for the meeting!
So you took a rental car.
I make my travels in Finland by train.

Back on-topic: I'll be there on Friday as well.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

Nomen Nescio wrote:
Aatos99 wrote:
I thought about some place in the middle centrum for the meeting place of Saturday. Have to think what would be the best place to meet, but somewhere in the Kamppi area.

On Saturday we will meet at 10 am.
Some suggetsions, either at the plaza in front of Kamppi shopping center/terminal or the traditional meetingplace beneath the clock of Stockmann.
These are good suggestions, maybe Kamppi would be better, because some people might come by bus, and many busses go to Kamppi.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by de*lerger »

I'll be there on Friday.
At the moment I'm in Kajaani, busy hunting some dots. And until now my dothunting trip doesn't disappoint me. Today I've seen the worst road of Finland and the biggest collection of chainsaws in only one hour :lol:
My map
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

de*lerger wrote:I'll be there on Friday.
At the moment I'm in Kajaani, busy hunting some dots. And until now my dothunting trip doesn't disappoint me. Today I've seen the worst road of Finland and the biggest collection of chainsaws in only one hour :lol:
Nice :lol: You might also see some reindeer there, maybe not in Kajaani, but that area. :wink:
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

de*lerger wrote:At the moment I'm in Kajaani, busy hunting some dots. And until now my dothunting trip doesn't disappoint me. Today I've seen the worst road of Finland and the biggest collection of chainsaws in only one hour :lol:
I won't go that far north. Most northern city I'll be is Vaasa or Joensuu.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL

brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

Anybody in Helsinki on Thursday evening? I could have a quick pint or two in Kallio area maybe around 7pm, if anyone is interested.

Pity cannot join the actual meeting this time. So close, but so far...
G.Mueller
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by G.Mueller »

Hello, where is now the exact meeting point on Friday and Saturday so we can prepare for it. Greetings Günter Müller
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

brewerhki wrote:Helsinki is quite good for hunting postal codes, if you compare to Turku (I heard people were getting much of same postal code, when visiting there) in city center as distance for next code is not that far. Actually some areas in Töölö or Kallio suburbs, postal codes changes really quickly by walk, but also shape of postal code postal area may shrink amazing far without reason, if you head to "wrong" direction. I may give some hints for hunting postal codes, if you want. But unluckily main Helsinki-area is having only two dots (airport belongs to same dot as city center) for dot hunters. Easiest way to get third dot is to get train to Kerava, which belongs to third zone ticket costing 8e. City itself does not have much to see, except some museum areas, but third dot and new city might be interesting for some ebters.

I hope this information will be helpful for some people and hope you have nice meeting.
Concerning the postcodes in Helsinki, I found this map on the internet. You can see there which area has which postcode.
I made a few "prints" and post them here, so you can see (and use) them.
Attachments
postcodes Helsinki City
postcodes Helsinki City
postcodekaart Helsinki.JPG (334.13 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
postcodes Helsinki-City Center
postcodes Helsinki-City Center
postcodekaart Helsinki-stad.JPG (237.97 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

brewerhki wrote:Anybody in Helsinki on Thursday evening? I could have a quick pint or two in Kallio area maybe around 7pm, if anyone is interested.

Well, I arrive at the trainstation at 18:19 (about ;) ). So after checking in at the Eurohostel, I think I can be in the city again at 7......
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL

Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

G.Mueller wrote:Hello, where is now the exact meeting point on Friday and Saturday so we can prepare for it. Greetings Günter Müller
Let's meet at the same place on Friday and Saturday, on the area between Kamppi shopping center and Tennispalatsi. Would 6.00 pm be good time to meet on Friday?
G.Mueller
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by G.Mueller »

Hello, that would be a good time to the meeting. Greetings Günter Müller
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

eddydevries wrote:
Crazy Bob wrote:We (MDeen and myself) are returning our rental car on Friday afternoon at 5 o'clock in Malminkatu, so afterwards we will be ready for the meeting!
So you took a rental car.
I make my travels in Finland by train.
Last week I changed my plans. I start with traveling by train, but the monday after the meeting I've arranged a rental car.
Two routes I take, train goes once/twice a day. That's a bit risky. If you miss that train, how to get to the next hotel......
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL

brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

eddydevries wrote:
brewerhki wrote:Anybody in Helsinki on Thursday evening? I could have a quick pint or two in Kallio area maybe around 7pm, if anyone is interested.

Well, I arrive at the trainstation at 18:19 (about ;) ). So after checking in at the Eurohostel, I think I can be in the city again at 7......
Nice... From Eurohostel to Kallio you can take 2 trams or tram + metro or bus. In Kallio there are cheaper bars + you can get new postal code, if you hunt them. You can check schedule on www.reittiopas.fi they have also version in English, you search Sörnäinen as destination, but we can figure out exact place later. I guess it will be after 7 for you, but it is ok for me. I just must leave around/after 9 (not exactly) as I have bit early wake up next morning. Let's see, if anyone else is interested to join us, so we can decide what place we go.
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

brewerhki wrote:
eddydevries wrote:

Nice... From Eurohostel to Kallio you can take 2 trams or tram + metro or bus. In Kallio there are cheaper bars + you can get new postal code, if you hunt them.
Indeed, I thought I might already have that postcode, but that was 00520 (trainstation Pasila, on my way to the meeting in Turku).
It's possible I arrive with another train: the stops I planned are not neccessary anymore.
My new plan was to travel with the Pendolino, but they don't run faster than normal intercities, so no reason to have one.
But maybe I'll be in Helsinki at 17.35.......
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL

brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

eddydevries wrote:
brewerhki wrote:
eddydevries wrote:

Nice... From Eurohostel to Kallio you can take 2 trams or tram + metro or bus. In Kallio there are cheaper bars + you can get new postal code, if you hunt them.
Indeed, I thought I might already have that postcode, but that was 00520 (trainstation Pasila, on my way to the meeting in Turku).
It's possible I arrive with another train: the stops I planned are not neccessary anymore.
My new plan was to travel with the Pendolino, but they don't run faster than normal intercities, so no reason to have one.
But maybe I'll be in Helsinki at 17.35.......
Ok. I was thinking some cheaper place, but possibly there are too many too-drunk people around, so maybe we can meet in http://3kaisaa.fi/ . Nice place, sometimes bit too full. Don't know, if there is any food available. Anyway, I eat later at home as meaning was only quick few beers. And for you, there are plenty of restaurants near by. I try to be there 18:30, but might be bit later. I PM you my phone number. And yes, other ebters are still more than welcome, if you are around.

Return to “International EBT-meetings”