Announcements about Eurobilltracker or this forum

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, claudio vda, dserrano5, Nerzhul

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Latest stuff

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Here is the latest information :
- One of our users emailed the ECB about marking bills. The laws in the European Union do not forbid writing on bills although they do not recommend it. See the email
- I've removed the right hand stats from the pages that are displayed for users that are not logged in. I figured that it would be less overwhelming for potential users. It was also putting an import load on the system for only a small advantage.
- I've added a simple caching mechanism for the stats on the right of the screen : they are being refreshed every minute for each individual user now
- I've added little graphics that represent the bills' value, thanks to elmaja
- Email support is now a little bit better organized...
- Diffusion stats are not being updated nightly, I have changed to the new graphing library and there are still some things to figure out.
- I've been working on tables that show how the bills in the database are spread out across printers and serial numbers
- Been talking with craco about our plans for the forum
- The original bill tracking site (Where's George) has decided to endorse us in their links section. The webmaster said he was impressed :P
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Caching

Post by EuroBillTracker »

I have added caching to the complete lists and the bill report. I expect this will help resolve the problems we've had lately.

It will take a few days to figure out how to tune it but the page display should be faster and 100% reliable now :)

Return to “Announcements”