Highest Short Codes (Updated on 01.01.2024)

Various EBT statistics can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fundamental »

avij wrote:
Fundamental wrote:I think Fjons D002D4 is a typo
Not necessarily, I think imleH had one too. Considering that the fjon's note was a 100€ note, it might have been a Trichet note and thus it might be likely that they changed the shortcode when printing Trichet notes.
Oh yes.. that didin't come in to my mind at all:)
joste
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by joste »

TOO5F2 50€
Last edited by joste on Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: *NEW* Highest Short Codes

Post by Klazu »

Here's two quite high serials. I guess someone has higher, but it's worth the shot. :)

Image F005I5 (04.11.2004)
Image T007J6 (03.06.2004)
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

Klazu wrote:Here's two quite high serials. I guess someone has higher, but it's worth the shot. :)

T007 ?????
Are you sure you didn't make a typo ?
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

Im really happy with this note from France. The shortcode is L025XX and it's the highest I have. I can make a list of the rest but it's not important/interesting at al. So that's why only this one.

Giberski
Main organiser of EBTM06: Amsterdam and national meetings in Zwolle and Leiden.
Have you been to Holland? Join the Bingo
jabosa2
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jabosa2 »

The highest note from Nederland with the shortcode: H016H5 (50 eurobill)

I found it on 27.7.2004
Steun het Nederlandse Rode Kruis.
www.rodekruis.nl/
My stats
Batavorum
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Batavorum »

G021H1 50 P013
P020B5 5 X133
Sitting at home ... behind my PC ... talking to Europe ... about notes?
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

I have updated the list. I have added a (T) where the note has a Trichet signature.

lmviterbo wrote:Btw, the rule of showing one letter and the first 3 digits of the serial doesn't seem wise to me, as notes appear like this on EBT: #Xxxxx8469xxx. Why not keeping that rule? Now for these notes everybody is able to know digit positions 1-3 and 5-8, remaining only 3 hidden digits. Mind that some of the hidden can even be inferred from the note's value and/or shortcode.

(sorry, imleH, got here first :roll: )
I don't fully agree. I put the first three serial numbers in here because I thought they might be of interest to some people. If we put the middle serial numbers in they don't really accomplish much - we might as well leave them out completely.
As fr someone being able to find out a large portion of a serial number with this information, I don't agree either. For someone to find the note in the EBT database where they could see the format ******XXXX****, and match it to the note in this list *without being able to view the short code* is nigh on impossible.

What does everyone else think? Should I leave the first three numbers in? Or should I get rid it altogether?

avij wrote:
Fundamental wrote:I think Fjons D002D4 is a typo
Not necessarily, I think imleH had one too. Considering that the fjon's note was a 100€ note, it might have been a Trichet note and thus it might be likely that they changed the shortcode when printing Trichet notes.
I am nearly certain this note is correct. Unfortunately I didn't write down whether it was a Trichet. As you've said imleH has one, and I noticed so does Sport-Mass. Mako even seems to have a D004F1 (!). Can this be correct?
joste wrote:TOO5F2 50€ Z****0721***
I'm going to wait until we decide what format to enter the notes before I enter this one.
Fons wrote:
Klazu wrote:Here's two quite high serials. I guess someone has higher, but it's worth the shot. :)

T007 ?????
Are you sure you didn't make a typo ?
I'll wait for confirmation before entering this note.
Batavorum wrote: P020B5 5 X133
Are you sure about this one? The previous highest one was P011 - this seems like a huge jump!
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fundamental »

I'm not from The Netherlands :(

Post by Guest »

fjon wrote:I like the Highest Short Code List, but would like something which is updated a bit more often. I plan update this list regularly.

*Rules* If you find a shortcode higher than the ones on this list, please post the following information in this thread:

New (full) Short Code
Note Value
Country Code
First 3 numbers of serial number

To start off I will put my highest notes here and you can post any ones you find that are higher!

D002D4- Image L139 - Fjon Image

E002I6- Image U494 - Angelino Image

F006H3- Image (T) N380 - Fundamental Image

G021H1- Image P013 - Batavorum Image

H016H4- Image P086 - Fons Image

J014A4- Image S094 - Fons Image

K005I6- Image (T) T255 - Fjon Image

L030E4- Image U268 - j3paris Image

M017E3- Image (T) V185 - Angelino Image

N004G3- Image Y074 - Fons Image

P011F2- Image X010 - Imviterbo Image

R020G3- Image X087 - Fjon Image

T004G5- Image Z329 - BaliBennie Image

U006I5 - Image M342 - Fjon Image
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

fjon wrote:P011F2- Image X010 - Imviterbo Image
Everybody in the world should know by now that I'm lm, not Im. My nick starts with a low-case L, not an uppercase i. I had done all the work of formatting my data the way you present yours; copy-paste would be enough.

Hurry up, fjon, or the real me won't be in the list ever. There's already some P020 (hopefully mistaken), and soon some P011G or P011H will show up. I just want to be famous for a brief period of time and you're ruining my expectations. Now I'm going to the café and I don't hear anybody commenting in a hiss "That's lmviterbo, the guy with the P011F2... Wow, is he really?"
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

But Imviterbo is so much easier to say :P

There you go - you get your 15 minutes of fame!
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

fjon wrote:
lmviterbo wrote:Btw, the rule of showing one letter and the first 3 digits of the serial doesn't seem wise to me, as notes appear like this on EBT: #Xxxxx8469xxx. Why not keeping that rule? Now for these notes everybody is able to know digit positions 1-3 and 5-8, remaining only 3 hidden digits. Mind that some of the hidden can even be inferred from the note's value and/or shortcode.
I don't fully agree. I put the first three serial numbers in here because I thought they might be of interest to some people. If we put the middle serial numbers in they don't really accomplish much - we might as well leave them out completely.
As fr someone being able to find out a large portion of a serial number with this information, I don't agree either. For someone to find the note in the EBT database where they could see the format ******XXXX****, and match it to the note in this list *without being able to view the short code* is nigh on impossible.
You're probably right. I assumed that everyone should point to the note's link, as I did, so that the very link would constitute proof of the claim, but maybe it's wiser to assume that everybody is in good faith and not demanding any kind of proof.
Anyway, I had'n even noticed that the shortcode doesn't show up on other people's notes... Yes, I'm biasing to agree with this 3-first-digit approach.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

fjon wrote:P011F2- Image X010 - lmviterbo Image
Yoohoo!!! Going to the café now! :D :D :D :D

(And I didn't even have to offer fjon a Portuguese 50... ;))
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

I know for certain I have a H016H5 Dutch 50€ bill, so I am highest with that
shortcode! 8) :twisted:
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “EuroBillTracker Statistics”