NIG (NoteInfoGenerator)

Various EBT statistics can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

jrnsndrs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: NIG (NoteInfoGenerator)

Post by jrnsndrs »

I don't expect one until the Estonian D-notes appear.

On the NIG-Homepage there is a message about a Java-based version of NIG. (scroll down to 2-10-2009.) I hope Java-NIG is growing well and healthy.
"of all wars, religious wars are the most detestable, since they are waged for no tangible gain, but only to impose a set of arbitrary credos on another."
--- Unspiek baron Bodissey.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

Is there any chance of a new release of NIG?

Here is a short list what's missing:

E/E 5, E/F 5, E/G 5, E/H, E/X 10 , E/X 200, G/X 50 are generally not recognized
Trichet U/M 10, J/S 10 are not recognized
sorting is wrong: G/Y should be AFTER G/X
Draghi note P/X 10 note not recognized (and all signatures charts and stats needs updates too)
chrishos04
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by chrishos04 »

Don't think so.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: NIG HAS DIED! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

There had been an annuncement that a thing called JIG should be programmed, but I think that will not be continued either. Nothing heard of it since then.

If only the source code would be published - there would surely be somebody to continue NIG...
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

chrishos04 wrote: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: NIG HAS DIED! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Easy, guys. I'm working on a program. It could even be integrated within the EBT site.

Didn't want to say anything, but to my eyes there's a high amount of discomfort in the forum—I hope this comes to relief some people ;)).
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

dserrano5 wrote:
chrishos04 wrote: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: NIG HAS DIED! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Easy, guys. I'm working on a program. It could even be integrated within the EBT site.

Didn't want to say anything, but to my eyes there's a high amount of discomfort in the forum—I hope this comes to relief some people ;)).
looking forward to it, Dserrano
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

dserrano5 wrote:

Wow, I'm looking forward to seeing your results! Good job :)
jrnsndrs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jrnsndrs »

dserrano5 wrote:

Good luck with the development of this new NIG! (May I call it that name?)
"of all wars, religious wars are the most detestable, since they are waged for no tangible gain, but only to impose a set of arbitrary credos on another."

dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

I completely fail at naming things. Its tentative name is "EBT stats tool" :mrgreen: or "EBTST". Suggestions welcome!
jrnsndrs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jrnsndrs »

dserrano5 wrote:I completely fail at naming things. Its tentative name is "EBT stats tool" :mrgreen: or "EBTST". Suggestions welcome!
I have no problems with this. It says exactly what the tool does and there is no attempt in being funny or creative. Image (Such attempt tend to fail horribly so thank God you didn't try!)

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

I guess EuroBillStats (or EBS, if you shorten it) would be enough. And better, I think.

If you prefer a fancy acronym, ENDS would do (for Euro Note Data Statistics); or ENDAT (for Euro Note Data Analysis Tool). Or even EBT-DAD (for Data Analysis Device) — usable in sentences such as "DAD says I've been mostly passive, as a hitter at least" or "Your DAD needs an upgrade".
tralla
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by tralla »

Eurobill Analysis Distribution and Statistics (EADS). :P
asmo_26
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by asmo_26 »

I indeed think a small update is in order. We now have eurobills with three different ECB presidents signatures for instance.
chrishos04
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by chrishos04 »

It's frustrating if the bugs are not corrected. I've just remarked that the E/X :note-10: are counted as Duisenberg notes...
jrnsndrs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jrnsndrs »

chrishos04 wrote:It's frustrating if the bugs are not corrected. I've just remarked that the E/X :note-10: are counted as Duisenberg notes...
Those aren't bugs but signs that NIG is outdated. See the Trivia-section: :note-10: E/X is shown as a 'new or suspicious combination'. Another sign is that with some combinations (for example E/H) you can score 2/1. NIG says only :note-20: is available, but recognizes :note-5: as valid.

But whatever it is, it is frustrating.

dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

I think I'll have some spare uninterrupted time today and I'd like to get some input on NIG's codes_*.txt files so I can make EBTST read them. This seems to be a complex issue and I think it's good for me to have a place to ask things where experienced users can comment.

From what I can see:
  • A "Group" in the file translates into an HTML table in NIG's output. Conceptually I think a group represents a single view on the whole country, although it seems that this isn't always the case (e.g. "Group=Districts of City of Helsinki/Helsingin kaupunginosat" in codes_finland_kaupunninosat.txt).
  • If there are "SubGroup"s, then this HTML table reflects them by using these light yellow rows. Optional SubFlag for each one.
  • Tables have an associated country, which is clear given than their last column is e.g. "% of :flag-es: notes". The only place where the relevant country appears is in the name of the txt files. However there doesn't seem a reliable way of extracting it. There are conflicting file names like codes_cape_verde.txt (where "cape_verde" is the country name) and codes_finland_pa.txt (where "finland_pa" is not the country name). I'll probably do this in a different way.
Regarding the types of lines within a (sub)group:
  • post code ranges "00000,00000=name": any location that lies inside the given (inclusive) range appears as an HTML row with the given name, regardless of the location name in the CSV.
  • single code "00000=name": special case of the above.
  • single code+name "00000;PlaceNameinCSV=name": apparently used to both rename and group specific places with a given name and post code.
  • single name ";PlaceNameinCSV=name": same than above but less specific by disregarding the post code.
Is the above accurate/complete? Am I forgetting/neglecting/misunderstanding something?

Now, if I look for overlapping or conflicting entries I easily find this example in the codes_germany.txt file:

Code: Select all

Group=Berliner Bezirke (Districts of Berlin)

// PLZ 10119,10179,10247,10367 [...] are all within more than one district 

10119=Mitte (Mitte/Tiergarten/Wedding)
[...]
10119=Pankow (Prenzlauer Berg/Weißensee/Pankow)
What should happen to a note entered in 10119? Is it to be assigned to both districts? (which affects the totals and percentages) To none of them? (ditto) To a random one? (yielding different results depending on the phase of the moon).

I'm sure I'll find more interesting cases…

Return to “EuroBillTracker Statistics”