Discussion about the European Association of EuroBillTrackers

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Yok's

magpie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EBT ACCOUNT CLOSED DOWN

Post by magpie »

knospe wrote:
magpie wrote:Thanks, we will take this into consideration. As a French legal entity the Association is sure not a "e.V." only something simiar.
That's sure right. But it's likely they'll open accounts for associations from other EU-countries, too. Doesn't make much sense writing that on the homepage for a german bank, even if they'd do it, does it?
Maybe a phone call can clear this up. It's worth a try, I guess ...
As said above: We will take this into consideration. It would still make sense to write about accounts for "e.V." on a bank's homepage if they would open accounts for associations in all parts of Germany. This need not inculde foreign legal entities.
magpie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by magpie »

magpie wrote:
knospe wrote:
magpie wrote:Thanks, we will take this into consideration. As a French legal entity the Association is sure not a "e.V." only something simiar.
That's sure right. But it's likely they'll open accounts for associations from other EU-countries, too. Doesn't make much sense writing that on the homepage for a german bank, even if they'd do it, does it?
Maybe a phone call can clear this up. It's worth a try, I guess ...
As said above: We will take this into consideration. It would still make sense to write about accounts for "e.V." on a bank's homepage if they would open accounts for associations in all parts of Germany. This need not inculde foreign legal entities.
I asked GLS Gemeinschaftsbank eG for the conditions to open an account. This bank is for clients operating on ethical or ecological fields only. So it is not a bank for us:
GLS wrote:Da wir eine ethisch ökoligisch Bank sind,
ist es uns wichtig, dass unsere Kunden bzw. Unternehmen dies auch
inhaltlich vertreten, d.h., dass Ihr Unternehmen auch in diesem Bereich
tätig sein sollte.

Wenn dies der Fall ist, benötigen wir ...
knospe
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by knospe »

[german]
Ich halte die Unterstützung der "Völkerverständigung" und "europäischen Idee" für sehr ethisch!
[/german]

:twisted:

Did you ask for EBT directly? Rules are ignored or stretched very often ...
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

By the way, I hope to be soon able to announce that there will be a bank account for the European Association of EuroBillTrackers.

Indeed, I have made the necessary steps for opening a bank account at the French Post. I might be available Mid-January. Obviously, I will keep you informed about this point.

Once open, we will preprae a newsletter containing the information regarding membership, etc...
suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by suntzu »

Next time you should try Cayman Islands or even Nassau ... at least they don`t ask so many questions :mrgreen:
Or in Europe, Malta, Cyprus, Madeira or Gibraltar ... it`s near :mrgreen:
:flag-pt: :flag-fi: :flag-fr: :flag-si: :flag-nl: :flag-de: :flag-at: :flag-es: hitting since March 2007
Anti-Stress Game
Yok's
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Yok's »

suntzu wrote:Next time you should try Cayman Islands or even Nassau ... at least they don`t ask so many questions :mrgreen:
Or in Europe, Malta, Cyprus, Madeira or Gibraltar ... it`s near :mrgreen:
You forget the first of ones : Luxemburg
Nombre de hits simple : 71 dont 50 internationaux et 3 sans découverte en France.
Nombre de triple hits : 1
Meilleur classement mondial : 318
Meilleur classement national : 13
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

Phaseolus wrote:By the way, I hope to be soon able to announce that there will be a bank account for the European Association of EuroBillTrackers.

Indeed, I have made the necessary steps for opening a bank account at the French Post. I might be available Mid-January. Obviously, I will keep you informed about this point.

Once open, we will preprae a newsletter containing the information regarding membership, etc...
I don't want to push you (you can't hurry them), but is there an update about a/the bank account?
I'm (a bit) curious. :wink:
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Well, as our house has just been robbed today, including the entire money of the association, you might believe that I have other worries.

I have first to think about insurance.

Having said this, the process is on-going and I hope that it will be open soon.
sen-chuan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by sen-chuan »

Really??? 8O
[EBTCkeck - my EBT Stats aggiornamento/updating: 06.03.2024
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Phaseolus wrote:Well, as our house has just been robbed today, including the entire money of the association, you might believe that I have other worries.

Well, since the insurance is not going to reimburse any paper money, I will need to reimburse the association myself.
tomaz79
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by tomaz79 »

Phaseolus wrote:
Phaseolus wrote:Well, as our house has just been robbed today, including the entire money of the association, you might believe that I have other worries.

Well, since the insurance is not going to reimburse any paper money, I will need to reimburse the association myself.
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope they didn't take too much and you are all ok.
Beatminister
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Beatminister »

tomaz79 wrote:
Phaseolus wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope they didn't take too much and you are all ok.
I strongly second that! Must be a disturbing experience, I imagine. Hope nobody got hurt? Because "our house has just been robbed today" means people came in and forced you to hand over the money. Or whatever else they want. So I kind of hope you mean "our house has just been broken into today"...
That the association money is gone is regretable, now that adds to private loss.

Somewhere around here the idea of founding our own EBT Bank was shown (in order to get a account) - perhaps we should look into that. With a few billion € financial aid from some government we could do it. :D
pooca
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by pooca »

What will happen next? It seems that our money is not safe in France as it seems to be impossible to keep an account there...? Having money at home didn't sound so good and I refused to pay to become a member (I had really thought to pay). I'm really curious how you are going to handle this situation, I'm starting to lose my trust on you, honestly.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

As soon as the bank account will be open, I will reimburse the association money.

After that I simply hope that in the future maybe someone else could take over that part of the duty.

Nobody got hurt, but knowing that someone enters your home between 01.00 p.m. and 03.00 p.m. and take your money, your coin (and bill) collection and the jewelry is pretty annoying. But fortunately, my wife didn't get hurt when she came back home. And this is the most important thing to me.
suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by suntzu »

pooca wrote:What will happen next? It seems that our money is not safe in France as it seems to be impossible to keep an account there...? Having money at home didn't sound so good and I refused to pay to become a member (I had really thought to pay). I'm really curious how you are going to handle this situation, I'm starting to lose my trust on you, honestly.
I`m affraid that this is a rather stupid comment, specially with the kind of situation involved.
And since you didn´t pay, you have nothing to worry about, it´s not your money !!!
:flag-pt: :flag-fi: :flag-fr: :flag-si: :flag-nl: :flag-de: :flag-at: :flag-es: hitting since March 2007
Anti-Stress Game

Return to “European Association of EuroBillTrackers”