Water-towers near your place

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Water-towers near your place

Post by Donald »

In the thread about # of eurotrackers in your city many users showed pictures of water-towers in their cities. I just begin this thread especially dedicated to water-towers. Please show us your local water-tower, maybe you can add some information about it.
This is the water-tower of Geilenkirchen. I could not find much information about it. They put lots of mobile phone transmitters onto it. :-(
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by airis »

This is the water tower of Rovaniemi. It is in the middle of the forest at the top of the Korkalovaara hill. It is so isolated that there are hardly any pictures of it. Finally I found this one :) :
hetana
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by hetana »

I think this one is quite new.

Here's this picture which is allready in another topic. This tower is old. It had been just redecorate and there's a new clock in top of the whole terrible building. There's a very expensive restaurant in the tower.
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

This is the watertower in Leiden. I can't find information about it.
Venga
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Venga »

This is the one in Bilthoven!

De 42 meter hoge ronde watertoren is in 1926 ontworpen door de Biltse architect H.F. Mertens. Boven in de geheel in baksteen opgetrokken toren bevindt zich een geklonken stalen hangbodemreservoir met een inhoud van 300 m3. Dit reservoir rust op de bakstenen schacht van de toren. Daar waar het reservoir zich bevindt is de omtrek van de toren groter. In 1971 is aan de buitenkant een spuitlaag van cement met gebroken granietkorrels aangebracht waardoor de baksteendetaillering verloren is gegaan. Ook zijn de vensters verdwenen die zich tot die tijd in de toren bevonden. Alleen de massief uitgebouwde ingangspartij vertoont nog kenmerken van de Amsterdamse School. Daarin bevindt zich een gevelsteen met als opschrift: "ANNO 1926" en "UTRECHTSCHE WATERLEIDING MSIJ". De watertoren is heden ten dage niet meer als zodanig in gebruik.
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by micro »

This is the water tower in the park close to my place. There's no water in it anymore, only stars, planets and moons.

Another abandoned water tower in another park in Hamburg. (Silly question: Guess which of the two towers in this photo is the water tower? :wink:)
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by wouter »

This is the watertower in Meppel

some info in dutch:
De watertoren van Meppel werd in 1893 gebouwd naar een ontwerp van ir. H.P.N.Halbertsma. De ronde bakstenen toren is 40 meter hoog, en heeft een uitkragend reservoirgedeelte.
In 1955 onderging de toren een ingrijpende verbouwing, waarbij het oude reservoirgedeelte werd vervangen door een modern betonnen reservoir.
Het ijzeren waterresevoir in de toren is van het type Intze en heeft een inhoud van 230 m3. Het oorspronkelijke ontwerp van de Meppeler watertoren is ook toegepast bij de bouw van de watertorens van Almelo, Sneek en Bussum

Also near meppel is de watertower of Nieuwleusen (it is close tot the highway and it is an hotel/restaurant now.

The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

wouter wrote:This is the watertower in Meppel

Nice lightshow. :wink:
The watertower near my place is not green... it's brown, it's made by simple stones, those stones where they also make houses from, (I don't know the english word for that kind of stone, in Dutch it is: 'baksteen')
chrisu
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by chrisu »

This is the watertower in Vaasa
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by micro »

A water tower in a cemetary near my place:

nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nodisch18 »

@ Micro

The watertower near your place is really nice! Much different that most other watertowers!
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page
"
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

nodisch18 wrote:@ Micro
The watertower near your place is really nice! Much different that most other watertowers!
I agree, especially if you consider that this scenery is in the middle of a cemetry :lol:
barclay
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by barclay »

There are no water towers here in my town.
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by micro »

nodisch18 wrote:@ Micro
The cemetary is designed like a park and is one of the largest cemetaries in the world. It is served by two public bus lines which run only within the cemetary and don't leave it. Here's another image of the tower:

And panorama views of the cemetary (no tombs visible): 1, 2.
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

This one in Alsdorf has been rebuilt into a cinema

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”