What is your favorite football club?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

What is your favorite football club?

Post by Antti »

We have discussed many things and favorites before but I don't recall discussing favorite football clubs so I started this thread where you can tell us your favorite football club and maybe something about it (icons, some info of less known clubs, how long have you been a fan etc.)
And so I begin, I have two favorite clubs:
This one is from my city:
It was founded 13 years ago when the founder's son didn't have a team to play with so his father and a few other men founded a new club calle FC Inter Turku. Yes, it is copied from Inter Milan, Turku even use black and blue colors in their jerseys. Inter was sixth last season, but this season hasn't started off very well, five matches, one draw and four losses. they are last in the league. But they are rising, I hope. I've been a fan since they climbed to the highest league in '96. I was at a couple of matches with my parents and that was it. I'm not a very active fan, I was only at a few matches last season and I haven't been at any this season
www.fcinter.com

But in Finland football is not as big as in many other european countries so many finnish football lovers also have a foreign favorite club. This one is my favorite:
I don't think I need to tell anything more about this one.
www.juventus.com
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by wouter »

My favorit club in the Netherlands is PSV. They've just become the champion here

their trainer is Guus Hiddink, the man who became 4th with South Korea at the last world championships.
He also trained the club years ago and got the Europacup 1 in 1989 with PSV. I hope he will manage to do that next year.
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Tiger »

none, I don't like football at all, especially not passive football... :)
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
Gauss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Gauss »

To avoid misunderstandings (with American football, in particular) we should probably better speak of soccer.

As for me, I sort of agree with Tiger.
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aaron »

Gauss wrote:To avoid misunderstandings (with American football, in particular) we should probably better speak of soccer.
European football is the one and original football. It's just fine if we call it football at this side of Atlantic Ocean. They can call it soccer in the colonies if they like. :wink:

I'm not a big football fan but I usually support the teams of my birthplace. As I'm originally from Hämeenlinna my favourite team is logically FC Hämeenlinna.

www.fchameenlinna.fi
Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fundamental »

CRYSTAL PALACE!!!
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nodisch18 »

wouter wrote:
He also trained the club years ago and got the Europacup 1 in 1989 with PSV.
I thought that PSV won the Europacup I in 1988 8O :roll: 8O

But i'm also a fan of PSV. Yesterday i went to the championshipparty! It was great fun. More than 30.000 people where on the Cityhallsquare and it was really fabulous!!

FORZA PSV!!!
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page
"
Steigi

Post by Steigi »

FC Bayern München!!!

Sorry about my bad English.

FC Bayern München turns back to Europe in September and I will take a lot of eurobills through Europe.
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

Fortuna Düsseldorf, European Cupwinners' finalist in 1979.
They are now only a mediocre 3rd league team.
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

My favorite teams are:

Post by Fons »

My favorite team in the Netherlands is Ajax and my favorite teams in Europe are AC Milan and Manchester United!
BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by BogPoet »

Sporting Clube Farense :D

They're a small club in the Portuguese Second League, but they've been in the UEFA Cup once (when they were in the first league - they lost to olympique lyon in the first round). In Portugal, people usually only support the big teams (Benfica, Sporting and Porto), so I'm kind of a rarity :)

The other only team I support is FC Barcelona (not so much for the club, but mainly because I believe Barcelona is the most beautiful city in the world...)
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by micro »

Tiger wrote:none, I don't like football at all, especially not passive football... :)
Gauss wrote:As for me, I sort of agree with Tiger.
Same with me - welcome to the club :wink:
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Antti »

Gauss wrote:To avoid misunderstandings (with American football, in particular) we should probably better speak of soccer.
A vaste majority of people here are European (this site doesn't really attract non-europeans, except for a few exceptions) so everyone knows what game we are talking about.
hetana
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by hetana »

micro wrote:
Tiger wrote:none, I don't like football at all, especially not passive football... :)
Gauss wrote:As for me, I sort of agree with Tiger.
Same with me - welcome to the club :wink:
:roll: I see I'm not the only one who isn't that keen on football.
Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fundamental »

If I'm honest I haven't even seen any Crystal Palace match :) It just happens to be my favorite football club for about 15years now.. If there is footbaal in TV I will switch the channel.. but everytime when I see some footbaal results on TV I watch how my favorite team is doing out there :wink:

Only sport I like to watch is Formula One & Golf.. ice hockey and football are only interesting when there is a world championships going on...

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”