Do you prefer domestic products and services?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Do you prefer domestic products and services?

I prefer domestic always when it's possible.
14%
I prefer domestic, if the price, quality etc. of two products is the same.
31%
When I buy something, only the price, quality, brand etc. matter.
20%
I never check where products I buy have been made.
14%
I prefer products and services produced in EEC.
10%
I prefer products and services which are produced by "fair trade" in poor countries.
5%
I prefer products and services produced in some particular foreign country.
2%
I prefer anything else but domestic.
2%
I don't buy anything.
3%

Total votes: 59

Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Annie_in_exile wrote:I remember ferociously boycotting French products during the nuclear tests in the South Pacific, as did so many other people at that time.
Half of the french wine producers did not even vote for Jacques Chirac, in 1995... They had to deal with the boycotts as well...
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Olivier wrote:
Annie_in_exile wrote:I remember ferociously boycotting French products during the nuclear tests in the South Pacific, as did so many other people at that time.
Half of the french wine producers did not even vote for Jacques Chirac, in 1995... They had to deal with the boycotts as well...
So.. The boycott meaned that the person whose fault the nuke tests were didn't get as much votes as he would've got without the boycott.. Right?
So, this proves that the boycott had an effect.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Dakkus wrote:
Olivier wrote:
So.. The boycott meaned that the person whose fault the nuke tests were didn't get as much votes as he would've got without the boycott.. Right?
Not at all! He has been elected by 51% of the French in may 1995. The tests started at the end of 1995.
In 2002, he got more than 80% of the votes!
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Olivier wrote:
Dakkus wrote:
Olivier wrote:
Not at all! He has been elected by 51% of the French in may 1995. The tests started at the end of 1995.
In 2002, he got more than 80% of the votes!
Well.. 51% isn't much over 50%. It would've probably been much more over 50% if there weren't that boycott. And as you can see, it was veeery close to accomplish it's mission. Just a few more percents away from him and :)
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Dakkus wrote: Well.. 51% isn't much over 50%. It would've probably been much more over 50% if there weren't that boycott. And as you can see, it was veeery close to accomplish it's mission. Just a few more percents away from him and :)
But Dakkus, the boycott took place AFTER the election of 1995! Chirac could not decide to launch nuclear bombs before being elected president.
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Olivier wrote:
Dakkus wrote: Well.. 51% isn't much over 50%. It would've probably been much more over 50% if there weren't that boycott. And as you can see, it was veeery close to accomplish it's mission. Just a few more percents away from him and :)
But Dakkus, the boycott took place AFTER the election of 1995! Chirac could not decide to launch nuclear bombs before being elected president.
Oh. Okay :)
I was a veeery little kid when they were done. Don't remember the exact date :(
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Dakkus wrote:
Olivier wrote:
Oh. Okay :)
I was a veeery little kid when they were done. Don't remember the exact date :(
May 1995... I was in the military at that age (beurk).
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

Olivier wrote:
BossaNova wrote:
at breakfast they completly dominate..
this multinationals :evil:
You forget Kellog's, the king of the GMO!
I meant my breakfast.. Nesquik, Nescafé, Chocapic, Nestum :oops: , Longa Vida.. all Nestlé brands that I use in the morning..

bn :roll:
Now in the EBT desert of Paris. My profile here.
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

And here we go again - this thread is mostly off-topic anyway, so I might just as well continue.

My telephone company sent the bill a while ago. In the envelope was also a small rattling package. I opened it and found some rice grains (not just one or two but on the other hand not enough worth cooking - maybe a large spoonful). What the ...? Again, I cannot accept the principle that basic foodstuff is being misused. Why should a TELEPHONE company send its customers some RICE when both the rice and the money could be spent on better purposes? Steam coming out of my ears now.
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

Annie_in_exile wrote:And here we go again - this thread is mostly off-topic anyway, so I might just as well continue.

My telephone company sent the bill a while ago. In the envelope was also a small rattling package. I opened it and found some rice grains (not just one or two but on the other hand not enough worth cooking - maybe a large spoonful). What the ...? Again, I cannot accept the principle that basic foodstuff is being misused. Why should a TELEPHONE company send its customers some RICE when both the rice and the money could be spent on better purposes? Steam coming out of my ears now.
:?: Why did they put rice grains inside? Was is for promotion? Stupid! I hope it wasn't Telenet :roll: .
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

bhoeyb wrote: :?: Why did they put rice grains inside? Was is for promotion? Stupid! I hope it wasn't Telenet :roll: .
Nope, not Telenet. This was the bright idea of Belgacom. I was so furious I threw the accompaning papers straight into the bin, but they said the rice grains inside a cardboard box were supposed to be used as some kind of an instrument. :roll: Play your own summer rhythms or something like that. GRRR! :evil:
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

Annie_in_exile wrote:I was so furious I threw the accompaning papers straight into the bin
You should recycle old paper :wink: ...
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Annie_in_exile wrote: My telephone company sent the bill a while ago. In the envelope was also a small rattling package. I opened it and found some rice grains (not just one or two but on the other hand not enough worth cooking - maybe a large spoonful). What the ...? Again, I cannot accept the principle that basic foodstuff is being misused. Why should a TELEPHONE company send its customers some RICE when both the rice and the money could be spent on better purposes? Steam coming out of my ears now.
Well.. I don't know about current belgian situation, but I guess that if not yet, then quite soon anyway, you'll be able to change your mobile operator without changing your telephone number. It'll be possible here in Finland starting from tomorrow (Friday, 25th of July). They've got an EU directive about this, so eventually (rather soon) it _has_ to be applied in every state of the EU :)
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

Dakkus wrote:
Well.. I don't know about current belgian situation, but I guess that if not yet, then quite soon anyway, you'll be able to change your mobile operator without changing your telephone number. It'll be possible here in Finland starting from tomorrow (Friday, 25th of July). They've got an EU directive about this, so eventually (rather soon) it _has_ to be applied in every state of the EU :)
it's already possible in portugal...

bn :wink:
Now in the EBT desert of Paris. My profile here.
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

BossaNova wrote:
Dakkus wrote:
it's already possible in portugal...

bn :wink:
In Finland, too ;))

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”