How many return

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

moneymuncher

How many return

Post by moneymuncher »

Hi Im from sunny Spain and found this site by accident, what a fascinating hobby, I think Im gonna get hooked on this.
I have a couple of questions though, and as this site is full of stats, Im sure the answer is there somewhere, but maybe someone can tell me. What percentage of notes registered are entered a second time, giving tracking results? And does one put an indicator of some sort on the note to ask people to register it again (like the US wheresgeorge.com note?)
De-Ker
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: How many return

Post by De-Ker »

Roughly 1:200 so you get a hit in every 200 notes... Easy to calculate yourself as you can simply divide the amount of interesting hits with the total amount of notes.

for now 67 million notes are inserted, and 333.000 hits have occurred. so that makes a ratio of 1/200

http://nl.eurobilltracker.eu/stats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edit: spain has unfortunatly not that good ratio.. 1 :1180 to be exact. I guess the ratio near barcelona is a little bit better tho.

Saludos!
Adela.Merchan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Adela.Merchan »

Thank you so much, De-Ker, for solving the doubts of this Spanish user :D

Probably (s)he haven't found the Spanish part of the forum :wink:
Cita del día:
"El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer siempre lo que se quiere sino en querer siempre lo que se hace." (León Tolstói, novelista ruso)

Quote of the day:
"The secret of happiness is not always doing what one wants, but to love what one does." (Leo Tolstoy, russian writer)
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

From http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=7380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :

Hits que implican Barcelona: 332
Billetes registrados en Barcelona: 248 103
Ratio de hits: 1 : 747.3

This means you will have to enter quite a lot to get the first hit, but when you get a hit, it makes you happyhappyhappy :)
And it can be surprising, how quickly you get your first 100, 500 and 1000 notes. You take a 50€ note from the wall, buy something worth less than 5€ with it and get 20€, 20€ and 5€, Already four numbers. Both twentiers become 10€+5€ and so on. In the end you have a pile of fivers that you change at a kiosk for a bigger note. And suddenly you are up to to 16 entered notes right in the beginning.
Also, the current hit ratio is better than this 1:750 shown here, because there are all the time more and more users, which means that the new notes have a better hit ratio than the old ones which have already left circulation and can't be made into hits anymore, although the chance for a hit has risen. Dead men don't talk, dead notes don't hit :)

When I started EBTing in Finland in early 2003, the hit ratio was very high as well. Now it seems to be officially 1;41.33, although in the last months the real hit ratio has been more like 1:30 :)

Have fun, see in you a meeting some time!
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

Dakkus wrote: Now it seems to be officially 1;41.33, although in the last months the real hit ratio has been more like 1:30 :)
Wow! imagine 1 hit for just each 30 notes! that must be freak amazing! :o (Take in consideration that your hit ratio is 10 times better than the Spanish one! 8) 8O )
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Jes wrote:
Dakkus wrote: Now it seems to be officially 1;41.33, although in the last months the real hit ratio has been more like 1:30 :)
Wow! imagine 1 hit for just each 30 notes! that must be freak amazing! :o (Take in consideration that your hit ratio is 10 times better than the Spanish one! 8) 8O )
Actually it is kinda boring. Finnish banknotes stay in Finland, they don't really travel abroad. I bet the ratio for /international/ hits is better in Spain than in Finland. In Finland you keep on having the same kind of hits again and again and again and again and again. And again and again. And again and again and again and again. And again.

With 10617 entered notes, I still have zero such international hits that would not have been brought over the Finnish border by me or my hitpartner.
In Italy I had to enter 19 banknotes in order to get a really interesting international hit!
Why not in Finland?

But luckily Estonia will soon join the Euro and because there is a straight road from Estonia to Europe, it is possible that truck drivers bring some Finnish money to Europe. Thogh, I haven't seen that terribly many Estonian trucks over here..
From Finland there is not really any truck traffic to Europe. They bring truck trailers into the ship and then Swedish, German or Dutch trucks take the trailer from the ship and continue. Doesn't really help the money circulate...
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

Hmm... It shlould be interesting to perform a calculation of the International Hit Ratio on the one side, and a Domestic Hit Ratio on the other hand.

Just for fun. As not all the international hits are interesting.

Oh! well, I have just 3 Hits, so I am not a representative sample (In my case: IHR=0, DHR=537)

BTW: Congratulations for that great Hit!! :D I dream of one of those!! 8) F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C!!
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”