Do you smoke?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Do you smoke?

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 537

Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Do you smoke?

Post by Asiamaniac »

Phaseolus wrote:I haven't been smoking for 4,5 years ; but it amaze myself that I still feel attracted by a smoke now and then. I can not really say that I am a non-smoker. I guess I am a smoker that nowadays does not smoke, (...)! 8O
First, it always deserves acknowledgment if someone manages to stop smoking. Parts of your post ring a bell with me: In the meantime, November 2011, I have quit smoking, too, and until today I am rather "clean". Yes, "rather", almost every day there is still feel a desire here and there to have a cigarette. Normally, I get along with it by either having a lozenge or a chewing gum; they are always in my pocket for cases of emergency. Another help are pictures in my mind. Such pictures influence our sub-consciousness much deeper than we might realize. I always see in me

- the better consciousness towards my body: It feels so much better not to do this harm to the most valuable that you have, and to keep it healthy.
- the more positive outlook for the future and the old age: The risk of terrible diseases like cancer, strokes, heart diseases etc. is reduced and your old age might be a happier and more active one.
- the money that I save. The average of :note-100: is in my pocket now. Every month I calculate how much less I would have if I kept on smoking. (Well, actually it is :note-50: . The other half I spend each month for an additional life insurance. )
- the stronger power of my lungs. Sporting such as bicycle riding and jogging is more pleasant now. I can run longer and drive faster and it just feels good. And the lungs do not ache anymore.

And a family man should see that his wife may enjoy a longer and happier time in life by the side of her husband, and the children grow up in a cleaner environment and with the positive orientation of a non-smoking father. And if daddy used to smoke before and then never more, he may serve as a prime examples for his kids that a strong will can achieve a lot.

Yes, now and then, I feel attracted by a smoke, too. And indeed, here and there I wrangle me a one and smoke it. Matter-of-factly, it did help to relieve the "pain" and for a few days it was easier to stand. But there still were these pictures in my mind which prevented me from falling back into old bad habits. The good thing is that I only get ready cigarettes from the pack, and no self-rolled ones. The latter were my favourites during my "active" years as they taste much better and authentical. So, the cigarettes that I smoke here and there are not really tasty and instead of running the risk of becoming addictive again it provides a confimation that it was the right thing to quit smoking. (Contradictory? Who says that I am perfect?)

Now, 13 months later, the desire or "attraction", how you refer to it more aptly, still prevails, sometimes stronger, somtimes less. All in all, the red line is declining. It would be arrogant to say "Me becoming a smoker again? NEVER!" Always expect the unexpected, especially if it comes to addictions, but the present state is that I can hardly imagine to relapse into smoking again.

And at this very moment, I am at home with a cold. (In our company it is not tolerated that we infect our colleagues unnecessarily so we are encouraged to stay at home for a couple of days if we are couging and sneezing distributors of virusses and bacteria.) When having a bad cold there never was a desire for me to smoke. And here "the circle closes" - der Kreis schließt sich: Bad colds are less bad and less painful if we do not smoke (anymore).

See this, too, Phaseolus and all the other (no-more)smokers: There lies another strong point for your "mind picture" on which you may rely if the desire becomes too strong again: You remain healthier and if sickness occurs, the symptoms are milder.
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
Celtium
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Celtium »

DBpbzfa766 wrote:no i dont smoke i need the Money for Bills :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Same here :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Phaseolus wrote:I haven't been smoking for 4,5 years ; but it amaze myself that I still feel attracted by a smoke now and then. I can not really say that I am a non-smoker. I guess I am a smoker that nowadays does not smoke, such as an alcoholic that remains an alcoholic although he/she has stopped for years. For me, one smoke and I am back on track for a whole pack per day ! 8O
Same here. I quit 37 days ago. This time is the good one.
Trois hits en 8 ans. Tous en Finlande. (!)
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

Bonne chance, Olivier!!! (Thumbs up)
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
lars2001
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by lars2001 »

I don't smoke (Pretty logical for a 12 years old :P), and I wil NEVER do so.
Lars, 15 years old, Terborg, Netherlands :flag-nl:
I speak :flag-nl: :flag-uk: :flag-de: :flag-fr:
My profile
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

never say, never.

especially at 12 years old.

:mrgreen:

By the way, the use of this forum is dedicated to users above 13 years old. This condition is laid down into the users conditions.
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by JHN-TX »

lars2001 wrote:I don't smoke (Pretty logical for a 12 years old :P), and I wil NEVER do so.
I do not smoke.

It is a terrible habit,please do not start.
It is not just the risk of cancer ,but it destroys your lungs.
You could spend your last days lying on a hospital bed ,gasping for air ,unable to breathe because your lungs have finally packed up.
It also damages your heart and helps clog up your arteries.

I have bad habits,I eat too much chocolate,I don`t get enough exercise and I like junk food.
If I smoked as well ,I think I would have needed bypass surgery by now.
Last edited by JHN-TX on Mon May 13, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number

lyric. The face that I see in my mirror more and more is a stranger to me.
Some Days are Diamonds - John Denver
jonman
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by jonman »

Phaseolus wrote:never say, never.

By the way, the use of this forum is dedicated to users above 13 years old. This condition is laid down into the users conditions.
sorry to say this, phaseolus, but this is really a tasteless answer :?
My profile
22.9.14 90. :note-200: entered
9.9.14 50. :note-500: entered
17.8.14 300. hit occured
12.8.14 550. :note-100: entered
28.7.14 5000. :note-10: entered
16.11.13 3 years of EBT
10.9.13 25000. note entered
30.7.13 15000. :note-5: entered
23.7.13 2500. :note-20: entered
7.2.13 1000. :note-50: entered
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

Not exactly; even at the age of 16 I was a devoted non-smoker, campaigningn for it. For years later, I have started, and did so for 25 years. Maybe the wrap does not appeal to everyone, but the content does not fall out of a blue sky.

Nevertheless, Lars, you certainly have got the right attitude. Don't start it!
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

jonman wrote:
Phaseolus wrote:never say, never.

sorry to say this, phaseolus, but this is really a tasteless answer :?
You don't need to say sorry ; it's tasteless, indeed. But this is also reality.

I look at my kid, and I know that within a couple of years they will say things to me that they do not even imagine to be able to say EVER.

They will do stupid things and will maybe regret it.

smoking might be part of it ; or not.
jrnsndrs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jrnsndrs »

Phaseolus wrote:(...)

COPPA stuff, I suppose?

Oh, and I don't smoke.
"of all wars, religious wars are the most detestable, since they are waged for no tangible gain, but only to impose a set of arbitrary credos on another."
--- Unspiek baron Bodissey.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
trikke2705
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by trikke2705 »

I smoked 27 yrs 30 cigarettes a day, stopped on 02/10/2010 and i wil never start again!!
https://wordviking.be/patrick2705" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dayzboy200
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by dayzboy200 »

I don't smoke.
Ludwigsfeld
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Ludwigsfeld »

I do smoke occasionally on parties, events or when i am travelling , but not on a daily basis.
perepelita
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by perepelita »

nope

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”