Elevator Poll

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

How many times do you use an elevator?

over 10 times a day
5%
1 - 10 times a day
22%
a few times a week
16%
a few times a month
49%
never, I realy hate elevators
9%

Total votes: 210

ellinoora
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by ellinoora »

I use the elevator approximately 4 times a day, because I live and work on the 7th floor. It would be more healthy to use stairs instead, I know.. :oops:
join #ebt @ IRCnet, welcome =)
my stats, which are olde ones...
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by micro »

When I was a student I had a job in a real estate company where I had to make short interviews with tenants in office buildings. So I used tons of elevators then, maybe 20 or 30 on some days, each up and down. And I never got stuck in those months. But in the years after that job I got stuck in the university, in a department store, and at home. :(
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

valkske wrote:i never use an elevator because in venezuela i fell down with the elevator from the ninth floor untill the second floor :twisted: , i live on de fourth floor without en elevator :cry:
8O :? I never got stuck in an elevator but I haven't seen any elevators in Venezuela, so I couldn't try them out :| ...
valkske
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by valkske »

bhoeyb wrote:
valkske wrote:i never use an elevator because in venezuela i fell down with the elevator from the ninth floor untill the second floor :twisted: , i live on de fourth floor without en elevator :cry:
8O :? I never got stuck in an elevator but I haven't seen any elevators in Venezuela, so I couldn't try them out :| ...
in our hotel was one, after that accident we moved to the first floor because i have astma and i can't walk untill the nineth floor. in that hotel happened a lot, after the hollidays i wrote a letter to the organisation and i became a lot of money back (15000 bf) i was there 3 years ago. :twisted: i'm still angry about it.
Eurocracker
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Eurocracker »

I'm living at the 6th floor an I'm very lazy. So you can guess, how many times I have to use the elevator... :)

If our elevator ist destroyed, I have to stay at home until the elevator ist okay again. Or I only can leave my home and have to wait outside until the elevator has been repaired. In the wintertime it can be very strange, to sleep under bridges... :cry:

Eurocracker
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Eurocracker wrote:I'm living at the 6th floor an I'm very lazy. So you can guess, how many times I have to use the elevator... :)

If our elevator ist destroyed, I have to stay at home until the elevator ist okay again. Or I only can leave my home and have to wait outside until the elevator has been repaired. In the wintertime it can be very strange, to sleep under bridges... :cry:

Eurocracker
How often does that happen to you? :D
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Eurocracker
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Eurocracker »

Dakkus wrote:
Eurocracker wrote:I'm living at the 6th floor an I'm very lazy. So you can guess, how many times I have to use the elevator... :)

If our elevator is destroyed, I have to stay at home until the elevator ist okay again. Or I only can leave my home and have to wait outside until the elevator has been repaired. In the wintertime it can be very strange, to sleep under bridges... :cry:

Eurocracker
How often does that happen to you? :D
What do you mean? How often the elevator is destroyed or how often I have to sleep unter a bridge :wink: ?

Okay - the elevator is one time a year destroyed, maybe. But the firm, that has to repair it, is very fast mostly, it's lucky. Until now, I was successful in avoiding to sleep under a bridge... :)

Eurocracker
Ganymede
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Ganymede »

Do you ever look at the maker's name of the elevator? A friend of mine once phoned with this fantastic observation:

"I'm standing in Schindler's Lift!"
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aaron »

This poll reminds me what happened last Friday when I was on a working gig at Turku New Shipyard. There's an almost ready cruise ship for Caribbean Sea.

I was going for lunch with my workmate and when we stepped out from the board we saw ambulances and a helicopter. Later we got to know that a man had squeezed to death between lift and the lift well.

He was 55-year old Danish electrician, working for a subcontractor. He was doing some final settings for the lift when the accident happened. It happened not too faraway from the engine room where I was working. There were flags at half-mast at the shipyard gate when we left.

So, be careful with lifts. :cry:
Niloc
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Elevators

Post by Niloc »

I use them maybe once a week when visiting my friends in the town. I live in the country, my next door neighbour is 2Km away so we don't have elevators out here. Could be useful after a glass of wine, but I'll manage. :roll:
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

I have used elevators a couple a times a week, but no I rarely come in buildings with an elevator. So some times a year, I see an elevator from the inside...
Eurocracker
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Eurocracker »

Aaron wrote:This poll reminds me what happened last Friday when I was on a working gig at Turku New Shipyard. There's an almost ready cruise ship for Caribbean Sea.

I was going for lunch with my workmate and when we stepped out from the board we saw ambulances and a helicopter. Later we got to know that a man had squeezed to death between lift and the lift well.

He was 55-year old Danish electrician, working for a subcontractor. He was doing some final settings for the lift when the accident happened. It happened not too faraway from the engine room where I was working. There were flags at half-mast at the shipyard gate when we left.

So, be careful with lifts. :cry:

What a horrible accident ... :cry:

The most impressing elevator I used was the one in the television-tower of Berlin :roll: Take a look at the following URL: www.berlinerfernsehturm.de - it's famous! This elevator goes so fast, that you have the effect you know from travelling by planes or from driving in the mountains: The crack in your ears... :wink:

Eurocracker
Schaza
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Schaza »

I use elevator over 10 times in workday. When i leave home, i don't use it. When i'm going to smoke during workday, i use elevator because place where i'm working is 4th floor. When i go to home i sometimes use elevator if i have not energy for climbing to 4th floor.
www: Rahat, postimerkit, wanhat esineet, paikkakuntahistoria, yms...
www: Coins, stamps, old stuff, local history, etc...
Ginirover
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Ginirover »

tinka wrote:only in buildings where there is a elevator because i dont have one at my work and not in my house to
Same here :wink:
haemoglobin
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by haemoglobin »

i really like elevators but i prefer walking (not to 10th floor of course :D :D )

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”