Live in a foreign country

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Have you ever lived in a foreign country?

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes: 224

q098
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by q098 »

I have born in Finland, but so far lived in UK ( England and Scotland), Sweden, Ireland 8)

Never know, how long this list will be one day :lol:
eklu86
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by eklu86 »

Born in Finlad, but lived 1,5 years in Spain when I was 6 years old. We moved back to Finland when I was 7., I don't remember much of that time :( But I've spent my holidays in Spain and I just love that country! Maybe there's just too much Finns in there nowadays :roll:
suzzku
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by suzzku »

I came to Finland in 1999 as exchange student for 3 months and I loved it almost immediately - so after all I stayed almost one year before I had to return home. Then the flights to visit my friends and my nice Suomi got to expensive and almost two years later I finally moved here ;-)

I enjoy being in Germany for holidays and I love to see my family but at the moment I can not imagine moving back there. Anyway it is weird that I read in a German newspaper about EBT although it is much more popular in Finland.
Chiel
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Chiel »

I'm living in a foreign country at this very moment, check my location :)
Money in hand, that´s buying / Penger i hånden, det er kjøp --- Erlend Loe
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza »

I had a chance to move to the USA with work last year, but I decided to stay in the UK.... good decision or bad decision :roll: :roll:

For me, it was the right decision. I like living in the UK! OK, so the weather is not great, but nothing extreme (no Rita), I like the British culture (yes, I promise there is some :wink: ) and the British people (even though we are sometimes too reserved... and sometimes the opposite...after a few beers), I like going to watch Manchester City FC, I like British beer, I like the EU and the way it protects its workers (most of the time), I like being only half a day's travel from my family and my wife's family, I like being only a few hours' flight from so many beautiful countries and cities and cultures....
bluephox
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by bluephox »

eklu86 wrote:Born in Finlad, but lived 1,5 years in Spain when I was 6 years old. We moved back to Finland when I was 7., I don't remember much of that time :( But I've spent my holidays in Spain and I just love that country! Maybe there's just too much Finns in there nowadays :roll:
Yes, I've lived in Spain too, for a little over 3 years, during two periods in my late teens and early 20s. I love it too, love going back there, speaking Spanish wherever I get the chance! :)

Now been living in Finland for over 20 years - what a contrast :!:

(Ex-pat from the UK)
milanocapitale
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by milanocapitale »

haemoglobin wrote:about 20 years ago i wanted to live in denmark, cause i really like that country and language.
but now, in the early or mid 30`s, i have problems even to move to another city. my girlfriend lives in another city and she doesnt like my city and i don`t want to live in her city. big problem. but someday we have to make a decision.
if i wouldn`t have to work i would probably go to foreign country, but causo of my genealogical work i have a strong connection to my city/area
what is a genealogical work?
-THE ThREAD DIGGER-
Passi per quello sfigato di Marin, passi per quella zoccola della Bruni, passi per una fabbrica di debito come Alitalia ma EBT NO!(Manadou sta gran zoccola)
IO NON SONO MARINARETTO
milanocapitale
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by milanocapitale »

I'd like to live in FINLAND!
-THE ThREAD DIGGER-
Passi per quello sfigato di Marin, passi per quella zoccola della Bruni, passi per una fabbrica di debito come Alitalia ma EBT NO!(Manadou sta gran zoccola)
IO NON SONO MARINARETTO
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

milanocapitale wrote:what is a genealogical work?
genealogy is the study of family trees (where is your father born, and his father and mother, and his...), many times in connection to some local history. It's a hobby for some...
milanocapitale
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by milanocapitale »

groentje wrote:
milanocapitale wrote:what is a genealogical work?
genealogy is the study of family trees (where is your father born, and his father and mother, and his...), many times in connection to some local history. It's a hobby for some...
wow!really interesting, thanx :oops:
-THE ThREAD DIGGER-
IO NON SONO MARINARETTO
BadGirl
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by BadGirl »

I've never lived abroad, in fact I've never been abroad... I live in Portugal, since I was born 26 years ago but I really would like to get in touch with another countries and cultures.
Knowing other cities, countries and even continents can give you a different perspective of live, wouldn't you agree?
I would love to visit or live in UK, France, Luxembourg, Nederlands, Italy and Greece. I guess I still have a lot of time to do all that... :wink: For now, only in my dreams...
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

BadGirl wrote:I've never lived abroad, in fact I've never been abroad... I live in Portugal, since I was born 26 years ago but I really would like to get in touch with another countries and cultures.
Knowing other cities, countries and even continents can give you a different perspective of live, wouldn't you agree?
I would love to visit or live in UK, France, Luxembourg, Nederlands, Italy and Greece. I guess I still have a lot of time to do all that... :wink: For now, only in my dreams...
Go already! There are gazillion places to see and you haven't even started!
I don't know why you haven't travelled, but if it's about money, here are some websites that should help you travel cheaply:
From http://www.hospitalityclub.org/ you find a place to sleep for free. Even from Monaco, if you feel like wanting to go there :D
And in http://www.eurolinesportugal.com/ you can find a bus company that drives you all the way to Finland. Their timetables don't give a perfect view of their connetions, so you should email them to get to know about possible connections by changing buses on the way.
Of course there are also cheap airliners. If they don't fly from your place, try taking a bus to the airport or something.

Travelling's always possible :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
BadGirl
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by BadGirl »

Dakkus wrote:
Go already! There are gazillion places to see and you haven't even started!
I don't know why you haven't travelled, but if it's about money, here are some websites that should help you travel cheaply:

Travelling's always possible :)
Thanks for the advice, I really want to start travelling, but as you said money is a big issue. I will think about options and maybe someday I'll be able to do it. As soon as possible...
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza »

Or check out this Dutch guy's web site - Let Me Stay For a Day about a guy who travelled the world for free (almost) for nearly two years!
pastel
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by pastel »

I lived in Denmark for a year as an Exchange Student (AFS) in 88/89. It´s was great time :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”