How much rent do you pay?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

How much rent (per month) do you pay?

1. €50 - €150
11%
2. €150 - 250
13%
3. €250 - €350
15%
4. €350 - €450
21%
5. €450 - €550
15%
6. €550 - €650
8%
7. €650 - €800
6%
8. €800 - €1000
4%
9. Over €1000
8%

Total votes: 157

jabosa2
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jabosa2 »

Ralf, maybe you can with the help of the users from EBT find a room in your place where you are going to study. BTW where are you going to study???
Steun het Nederlandse Rode Kruis.
www.rodekruis.nl/
My stats
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ralf »

jabosa2 wrote:Ralf, maybe you can with the help of the users from EBT find a room in your place where you are going to study. BTW where are you going to study???
I don't need that the first year all the things are new and than it is maybe good that I am in a famliy who can help me when I need it.
I am going to study in Velp (Arnhem)
bura
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by bura »

bhoeyb wrote:I'm one of the few who's paying quite a lot: 625€ (:2) a month for a 110m² apartment with a living room, kitchen, bathroom, little bureau, 2 bedrooms, a nice terrace, a cellar and a garage at the edge of the city centre. Gas, electricity, internet and water not included.
Herentals is a quite expensive place for renting - or buying :|.
Same money you can get 50m2 apartment in Helsinki, so for me this sounds quite cheap...

I have own apartment and i'm paying loan to bank about 500e/month.

-bura
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

bura wrote:Same money you can get 50m2 apartment in Helsinki, so for me this sounds quite cheap...

I have own apartment and i'm paying loan to bank about 500e/month.

-bura
Hmmz, but Helsinki is a capital, Herentals is not :wink: ... an apartment in Brussels is probably twice as expensive, I think ...
ZEUS
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

house owners

Post by ZEUS »

do not pay rent

So what is the answer?

This category is missing in the poll
as well as
the category of "living by my parents"
The EURO is the best Money in the World.
US-Dollars will fall to sea-side-level when have to pay back all the foreign debts of America.

Why the World is financing the huge Budget deficit of the Bush-Administration ???
coastal
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by coastal »

1030 euros/month for my small apartment in Barcelona.
Who said Spain was cheap? :twisted:
Yannn
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Yannn »

I can't vote, my rent is exactly €0,00... :D

No, I'm not in my parents' house or flat !
Schaza
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Schaza »

552,40 € / month, about 60 m2.
Cinnamon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Cinnamon »

552,56 € / month, 78m2 (+electricity, +internet connection) includes sauna once a week. Cheap, but I want a garden of my own...
Viperazzi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Viperazzi »

Just moved in to my 25m² studio. It's 400€ a month, including water. It's about 7 km from downtown Helsinki. Public transportation from here to anywhere rocks, I can even use the local train service which is twice as fast as driving yourself or sitting in a bus. Then I pay 30€ a month (starting September 1, the prices have been lowered!) for my 512/512 DSL and probably around 160-200€ a year for electricity. Helsinki's expensive, but this apartment was a good deal.
Hugo & Any
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Hugo & Any »

As a student I am, the price for a bedroom in an apartment with more 2 or 3 students is about 150 euros per month, at least! I've been paying it for the last 6 years. A bedroom with bathroom is more 25 euros (which makes 175 euros per month) with nothing included. Now me and Hugo are moving to an apartment with a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and another room will make a sitingroom on an 8th floor and we'll pay 350 euros per month (just for the apartment). It is cheap considering the area being turned to tourism where everything is so expensive! :roll:
View my stats
Hugo & Any
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Hugo & Any wrote:As a student I am, the price for a bedroom in an apartment with more 2 or 3 students is about 150 euros per month, at least! I've been paying it for the last 6 years. A bedroom with bathroom is more 25 euros (which makes 175 euros per month) with nothing included. Now me and Hugo are moving to an apartment with a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and another room will make a sitingroom on an 8th floor and we'll pay 350 euros per month (just for the apartment). It is cheap considering the area being turned to tourism where everything is so expensive! :roll:
Damn. That's cheap!
Gimmegimmegimme!
I've been hunting for a room for less than 250e/month and it seems to be impossible. And of course such room wouldn't have a bathroom of its own :/
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Angelica
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Angelica »

315 € / month, 31,5 m2.
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza »

I don't rent, unless you include paying "rent" (mortgage) to the bank... so I voted using my mortgage payments. This is about €800/month - for a 3-bedroom semi-detached house (known as a Duplex in some countries, I think).

This is about the upper limit we can afford between us. Which is really quite strange, as I consider that our combined income is pretty good, yet somehow what we can afford as a house is OK, but nowhere near the top (or even the average) price for a house in the UK. Who is it who's buying the €500,000 or €1m houses?? There are housing complexes being built with several hundred new 3 and 4 bedroomed houses that go for €400-€600k...!
coastal
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by coastal »

lazza wrote:This is about the upper limit we can afford between us. Which is really quite strange, as I consider that our combined income is pretty good, yet somehow what we can afford as a house is OK, but nowhere near the top (or even the average) price for a house in the UK. Who is it who's buying the €500,000 or €1m houses?? There are housing complexes being built with several hundred new 3 and 4 bedroomed houses that go for €400-€600k...!
Within the EU, 3 countries in particular (Ireland, Spain, UK) have the most enormous property bubbles. The first 2 are mainly caused by our friend the euro, European interest rates have been far too low for these countries over the last few years. And as for the UK, without wanting to get too political, some highly dubious monetary policy plus the British people's addiction to credit (an incredible 1.1 trillion pounds of personal debt and rising) and the recent fashion for TV programs encouraging everyone to believe that property speculation will make us all millionaires have pushed prices up to silly levels. It is all going to end in tears... :roll:

So anyway, I am quite happy to rent in both Holland and Spain. I could afford to buy but at current prices I'm keeping well away.

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”