Goodbye!

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Goodbye!

Post by Klazu »

Hi there,

The old saying goes that there is time for everything and so has also my active EBT career come to an end. After almost eight years of active day-to-day 'ebting' and literally thousands of visits to banks around the Europe, I have now moved out of the Euro zone. My new home is in Vancouver, Canada Image, where I plan not to start tracking any Canadian dollars. ;-)

EBT was my longest lasting active hobby and it brought me lots of joy and happiness during all the years in it. If it wasn't for EBT, I would have never done so much local traveling and for example never learned to know the most remote corners of the city of Berlin. My modest personal contribution to this hobby was a little below 297 000 notes, but on top that I am happy to have been able to bring into this hobby new users that have nowadays around one million notes. I am very happy that I was able to contribute my small share to the benefit of the whole EBT community.

I will depart from this hobby with great memories and many good stories to tell people about it. During my active years I got to know many interesting people both online and live around the Europe. I hope all these people will keep ebting far in the future and I wish many great hits to everyone of them (hopefully some of those with me)!

Despite leaving my active career behind, I will keep entering notes occasionally. In the years to come I at least hope to see my first Canadian hit! :-)

All the best,
Klaus

On 29.1.2012 in Vancouver, Canada

Last edited by Klazu on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
Steda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Goodbye!

Post by Steda »

Good luck in Canada !!!!
packbell
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by packbell »

Good luck in Canada
Rideo Ergo Sum <"Ik lach, dus ik besta">
-----> Statistieken <-----
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

All the best Klazu! Have fun in Canada and remember us when you'll have your Canadian-dollar-hits there!!! :mrgreen:
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

Good luck for your new life !!
Canada is a great country !!
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
jabosa2
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jabosa2 »

Good luck in Canada Klazu and I hope you will be very happy with the new life there. :P :D :P
Steun het Nederlandse Rode Kruis.
www.rodekruis.nl/
My stats
BaliBennie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by BaliBennie »

I wish you all the best in your new home country. Though you can not be as active as you were in Europe, I am sure you will make more dots than just Vancouver (which you have right now) and around the big lakes. We have five hits with eachother, but I never had the joy of having Finnish hits with you. Oh well...... a Canadian hit will do nicely too! 8) Your trackerblood just keeps flowing through your veins. Happy incidental tracking in the US and Canada and continue having a nice life.

P.S.
In fact you almost live around the corner for me. The city of Coevorden (NL) is not far from my birth town. The city of Coevorden may have indirectly given its name to the city of Vancouver, which is named after the 18th-century British explorer George Vancouver. The explorer's ancestors (and family name) may have originally come to England "from Coevorden" (van Coevorden > Vancoevorden > Vancouver). So you still feel like a neighbour to me!
Visit my homepage to see my statistics, maps and more!

Look at my 5 years statistics

Er gaat niets boven Groningen EBT
sen-chuan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by sen-chuan »

Have fun in Canada, I really love that country :D Good music, nice people, stampede, Nickelback, Thornley (my fav guitarist) eh? :lol:
[EBTCkeck - my EBT Stats aggiornamento/updating: 06.03.2024
Dawizz
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dawizz »

Good luck in Canada, it's a great place to live, I've always wanted to go live in Vancouver, maybe one day we'll have a pint or two in Vancouver :wink:
Born too late to explore the Globe. Born too early to explore the Stars. Born just in time to see the World implode.
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

Whishing you all the best in Canada. I'll remember this hit from your visit to Luxembourg :) .
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Do register some notes from time to time, especially when you travel and whatnot, for some exotic hit potential. :)
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Good luck for your new page in the book of life.
Eureka.72
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Eureka.72 »

Good luck for your new life in Canada. :D
Joined: 17 October 2005; Notes entered: 130 000; Interesting hits: 381.
MY HITS 381 :flag-eu:; 342 :flag-pt:; 3 :flag-fr:; 3 :flag-fi:; 6 :flag-nl:; 5 :flag-be:; 6 :flag-es:; 2 :flag-it:; 9 :flag-de:; 2 :flag-si:; 3 :flag-at:
Não os apanho a todos, mas... tenho esperança de caçar os suficientes para garantir a minha... retirada. (JC)
giulcenc
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giulcenc »

The same from me: have a good new life and I wish you all the best! :D
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

Thank you for your nice words, everyone! I am very happy to be part of such a nice community!

@Jes: As said, I plan not to start tracking the Canadian dollars while in here. If I learned something from EBT, it is that a hobby like this can be super-addictive and take easily one hour (or more!) per day! I will be spending that one hour in a different way from now on. Maybe jogging and doing some sports instead? (scared already) 8)

@BaliBennie: You are correct and I plan to keep adding dots to EBT while I am on the West Coast. Maybe this results also in a nice long distance hit one day, who knows. Nice story about the name of the city. I did not know that we are almost 'neighbors'! :D

@Dawizz: I had the same dream of living in Vancouver and here I am. Just continue to pursue that dream and you can one day make it! :wink:

@bhoeyb: Thanks! I also enjoyed that hit a lot. You are one of the 'old farts' in this hobby and I will always remember you guys. :D
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”