Do you have a handicap?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

User avatar
milanocapitale
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1916
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Milano,Lombardia,Nothern Italy(what's 'europe'?)
Contact:

Postby milanocapitale » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:33 pm

I pray for all the people with an handicap on our planet, courage!
-THE ThREAD DIGGER-
Passi per quello sfigato di Marin, passi per quella zoccola della Bruni, passi per una fabbrica di debito come Alitalia ma EBT NO!(Manadou sta gran zoccola)
IO NON SONO MARINARETTO

User avatar
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 13088
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Quelque part ou même ailleurs !

Postby Phaseolus » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:52 pm

It is a very difficult subject to talk about and I want to congratulate Elmo for sharing his handicap with us. It is a sign of courage and it gives me some strength to explain that my first boy (4 years) is suffering from psychological problems too : he has got problems for communication, for focussing on topics, for making social contacts. Since 1 year, we are seeking help with various specialists. At school people mentionned my boy was autist, but her psychiatrist says it is not autism, and she does not want to give a formal pronostic as she considers that it is too early to give a little boy, a "label".

It is very hard as a parent to be faced to a little boy that has such difficulties. People tell us that there are basis for improvements, but I admit that I was absolutely not prepared to this situation.

I have accepted the difference of my son, also has my wife, the most difficult is when other people look at our son and we can read things in their eyes.

Lately I have met an old friend that has explained to me that his son had gone through the same difficulties ; his boy is now 15 and is a well equilibrated young man.

I keep hoping that my little boy will once be able to say "I am" and that he realises that we love him.

@ Elmo : I will be delighted to meeting you one day.

One year ago I would not have imagined speaking about handicaps ; my son problems has changed my vision on this point : thanks to him I have become a bit more "adult"...
Ceci est une signature.

User avatar
milanocapitale
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1916
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Milano,Lombardia,Nothern Italy(what's 'europe'?)
Contact:

Postby milanocapitale » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:56 pm

Phaseolus wrote:It is a very difficult subject to talk about and I want to congratulate Elmo for sharing his handicap with us. It is a sign of courage and it gives me some strength to explain that my first boy (4 years) is suffering from psychological problems too : he has got problems for communication, for focussing on topics, for making social contacts. Since 1 year, we are seeking help with various specialists. At school people mentionned my boy was autist, but her psychiatrist says it is not autism, and she does not want to give a formal pronostic as she considers that it is too early to give a little boy, a "label".

It is very hard as a parent to be faced to a little boy that has such difficulties. People tell us that there are basis for improvements, but I admit that I was absolutely not prepared to this situation.

I have accepted the difference of my son, also has my wife, the most difficult is when other people look at our son and we can read things in their eyes.

Lately I have met an old friend that has explained to me that his son had gone through the same difficulties ; his boy is now 15 and is a well equilibrated young man.

I keep hoping that my little boy will once be able to say "I am" and that he realises that we love him.

@ Elmo : I will be delighted to meeting you one day.

One year ago I would not have imagined speaking about handicaps ; my son problems has changed my vision on this point : thanks to him I have become a bit more "adult"...


Amor vicit omnia, I see love in your words and I am sure that your baby feel it too and u'll have soon good feedbacks!In bocca al lupo!
-THE ThREAD DIGGER-

Passi per quello sfigato di Marin, passi per quella zoccola della Bruni, passi per una fabbrica di debito come Alitalia ma EBT NO!(Manadou sta gran zoccola)

IO NON SONO MARINARETTO

User avatar
hoppa
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:25 pm
Location: Oud-Heverlee (just beside Leuven) Belgium
Contact:

Postby hoppa » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:03 pm

I call myself a very lucky man because nobody in my family nor in my wife's has a handicap.
I wish all the less fortunate all the strenght they need.
it is better not to say anything and let people doubt if you're stupid; then to speak and take the doubt away. - Mark Twain

User avatar
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:38 pm
Location: Leiden, The Netherlands
Contact:

Postby giberski » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:58 pm

Wow, good from you to share this with us too, Phaseolus, I hope you all find a way to live with it. It probably all make you stronger.

Phaseolus wrote:@ Elmo : I will be delighted to meeting you one day.
How about visiting the 5 november meeting in our town :wink:
Main organiser of EBTM06: Amsterdam and national meetings in Zwolle and Leiden.
Have you been to Holland? Join the Bingo

User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3964
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Postby Elmo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:23 pm

giberski wrote:
Phaseolus wrote:@ Elmo : I will be delighted to meeting you one day.
How about visiting the 5 november meeting in our town :wink:

I still have a place to sleep... :wink:
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut

User avatar
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 13088
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Quelque part ou même ailleurs !

Postby Phaseolus » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:46 pm

giberski wrote:Wow, good from you to share this with us too, Phaseolus, I hope you all find a way to live with it. It probably all make you stronger.

Phaseolus wrote:@ Elmo : I will be delighted to meeting you one day.
How about visiting the 5 november meeting in our town :wink:


I will be in Amsterdam on 31/10, but only for 1 day...

I will not join the Dutch EBT,... unfortunately.

About the topic concerning, my son : life goes on, and we love him strongly... We keep hopes at a high level.
Ceci est une signature.

User avatar
Chiel
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 8:48 pm
Location: Groningen. the Netherlands
Contact:

Postby Chiel » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:17 pm

No real handicaps for me, besides reduced sight in my left eye.
Oh, and maybe being in love really badly is a handicap?? :P
Money in hand, that´s buying / Penger i hånden, det er kjøp --- Erlend Loe

Euroblaster
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:34 am
Location: Haarlem

Postby Euroblaster » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:43 am

I don't have a handicap & I don't play golf :)

Neuerfan1
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Re: Do you have a handicap?

Postby Neuerfan1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:53 pm

No!
Egal wie neu du bist, Manuel ist Neuer.

Mein erster Treffer (31.01.2015)


Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests