haemoglobin arrested!!!!! (well, almost.....) ;)

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Economist wrote: Well, it seems the Italian banking sector does need some competition.
But I think this, for once, has nothing to do with Berlusconi. Or does he have some friends in the banking sector he supports by blocking competition or keeping the regulators soft?
Fazio, leader of the Italian NCB (or something like that) destroyed ABN Amro's try to buy some Italian bank whose name I can't remember now.
He is rather close with Berlusconi and it is very likely that Berlusconi knew about what was happening. However, when the scandal was getting too big, Berlusconi /did/ show Fazio the door. He just wasn't very happy to do it..
Anyway, although Berlusconi isn't directly involved in the active defense against foreign banks the Italian leaders have been doing, he has knowingly supported it.
And not letting competition in the Italian bank sector sure helps keeping the current situation up..
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

@milanocapitale: I must now disagree with you. On my holiday trip in Italy last August I did change euro notes into another denominations in some 50 bank offices (every possible bank was tried). I didn't need to pay any fees in any bank. It was always free. So there was no costs at least for me then, which I found heavenly. So at least I think italian people have good banks without fees for money exchange for this hobby. I strongly encourage some pioneers to start doing this on daily basis. :idea:
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
dippu
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by dippu »

@Klazu: At the moment I'm working in the area where milanocapitale is living. I tried to change some money at the bank but no luck. But it is possible to change small notes into bigger ones at the airport.

Btw. after 4 month the cashier in the supermarket asked me why I'm always paying with 50EUR notes :oops:
내가 제일 잘나가
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

dippu wrote:I tried to change some money at the bank but no luck.
What did they say? Why they rejected from changing? It was all so smooth when I visited bank in Milano. I had no problemn in any bank office. I can't believe it was just because I was a foreigner. I think that should have made things more difficult, if anything... :?
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

Klazu wrote:
dippu wrote:I tried to change some money at the bank but no luck.
What did they say? Why they rejected from changing? It was all so smooth when I visited bank in Milano. I had no problemn in any bank office. I can't believe it was just because I was a foreigner. I think that should have made things more difficult, if anything... :?
But maybe that was it. You're a foreigner, so you're very probably a tourist. And everyone wants to be nice to tourists, they bring money (even though in that case they only exchange it :D ).
eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurojuanmi »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

now, with the police, there is a EBTer more
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

Just remembered me, HBoZ en haemoglobin passing the border to Luxembourg on out "detour-dothunting-way" back home after the French meeting in Paris. Haemo tried to look very suspicious to be controlled, but it didn't work :D :D.
Better luck next time ;)
milanocapitale
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by milanocapitale »

Dakkus wrote:
milanocapitale wrote:In Italy is damnly expensive to do any opertion on your account and now workers become so suspicious when u go to change money often, I have a shop and i can ask for 5ers saying that I need it to work but I think that this is one of the reason why not a lot of EBTers come from my country.

Every "line" (i.e. operation) on your account costs 1 euro, u can have flat account for 40-70 euros per year and 0%interests...but for people who don't have a lot is really not fair... :cry:
Everyone loves Berlusconi :]
berlusconiis liberalist...maybe others are interested in something like this :lol: but not him :wink:
-THE ThREAD DIGGER-
Passi per quello sfigato di Marin, passi per quella zoccola della Bruni, passi per una fabbrica di debito come Alitalia ma EBT NO!(Manadou sta gran zoccola)
IO NON SONO MARINARETTO
milanocapitale
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by milanocapitale »

Dakkus wrote:
Economist wrote: Well, it seems the Italian banking sector does need some competition.
But I think this, for once, has nothing to do with Berlusconi. Or does he have some friends in the banking sector he supports by blocking competition or keeping the regulators soft?
Fazio, leader of the Italian NCB (or something like that) destroyed ABN Amro's try to buy some Italian bank whose name I can't remember now.
He is rather close with Berlusconi and it is very likely that Berlusconi knew about what was happening. However, when the scandal was getting too big, Berlusconi /did/ show Fazio the door. He just wasn't very happy to do it..
Anyway, although Berlusconi isn't directly involved in the active defense against foreign banks the Italian leaders have been doing, he has knowingly supported it.
And not letting competition in the Italian bank sector sure helps keeping the current situation up..
Dakkus...be careful...this time the skandal involved members of the left party unfortunately :wink:
-THE ThREAD DIGGER-
Passi per quello sfigato di Marin, passi per quella zoccola della Bruni, passi per una fabbrica di debito come Alitalia ma EBT NO!(Manadou sta gran zoccola)
IO NON SONO MARINARETTO

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”