How fast did you ever drive ?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

T. Santos
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by T. Santos »

My maximum speed driving a car was 230 km/h with my brother's car, Honda Civic Type-R from 2003.

I made it in Portugal in the IP6 when I was going to university. The speed limit was and still is 100 km/h in that road... :oops:

It was nice, but at that speed the road ahead is the road in my back very quickly... :wink:

In my own car, VW Polo from 1997 with 50hp, my speed limit was 175km/h in fifth gear's red line in the A8 coming home from Lisbon, speed limit, 120km/h.
Os meus Hits:
144 :flag-pt: . 4 :flag-es: . 3 :flag-de: . 1 :flag-be: . 1 :flag-it: . 1 :flag-nl: . 1 :flag-fr: . 1 :flag-at: . 1 Latvia
Ganha dinheiro na net como eu! Recebido até hoje $39

My list of 2€ CC in pdf - Posted in the forum (Updated 15.08.09)

[url=hhttp://supock.labrute.fr/]Fight against me on La Brute[/url]
suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by suntzu »

T. Santos wrote:My maximum speed driving a car was 230 km/h with my brother's car, Honda Civic Type-R from 2003.
Just as a foot note, the type R is one of the favorite cars in Portugal for tunning, because it´s rather cheap and the atmospherical engine is very customizible. :D
:flag-pt: :flag-fi: :flag-fr: :flag-si: :flag-nl: :flag-de: :flag-at: :flag-es: hitting since March 2007
Anti-Stress Game
T. Santos
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by T. Santos »

All Hondas are nice cars to change for tunnig! But this one is from factory, is much more beautiful... the only diference between this Type-R and the most part of the other is that this one is from the special edition of The 30th aniversary of Honda in Portugal.

It has red seats by Racaro in front, competition wheel with airbag, and black windows in the back.
Os meus Hits:
144 :flag-pt: . 4 :flag-es: . 3 :flag-de: . 1 :flag-be: . 1 :flag-it: . 1 :flag-nl: . 1 :flag-fr: . 1 :flag-at: . 1 Latvia
Ganha dinheiro na net como eu! Recebido até hoje $39

My list of 2€ CC in pdf - Posted in the forum (Updated 15.08.09)

[url=hhttp://supock.labrute.fr/]Fight against me on La Brute[/url]
fabag
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by fabag »

my highest speed was 225 km/h with a Honda Fireblade last week...

just a amazing motocycle...
getting addicted to...
Papato

Re: How fast did you ever drive ?

Post by Papato »

Papatorres...

This is true (no bull...)

There's a road that circles the inner city of Lisbon. It's called Segunda Circular.
Some years ago, a friend of mine bought a Renault 5 Turbo and she wanted to try out the car.
So she asked me to floor it just to see how fast the car went...
I floored it for a few seconds and quited at 235 Km/h...
I was too scared to keep going faster (the car could go faster!!!).

That's the fastest I ever drove.
But the fastest I ever rode in a car was 260 Km/h on a Lancia on the Lisbon-Cascais Highway...

Scary!!!!
doiknow
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by doiknow »

Either Speeding bills are very cheap in Protugal or your Police is not that interested in controlling...
One Currency, one Union, one Eurobilltracker...
My dots are of the same order as 10.
Dawizz
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dawizz »

doiknow wrote:Either Speeding bills are very cheap in Protugal or your Police is not that interested in controlling...
Well I'm afraid to say,both!! the speeding bills are very cheap,to cheap imo.And the cops can sometimes be a bit complaisant.And another thing,for some reason there is not enough cops anywhere in Portugal,I have walked around the city where I live for hours at night,well late night 1am-5am and I never see any type of cop activity.I sometimes see a police car crusing slowly down the street,but the best thing is that they use a diesel car! omg the noise it makes.If you where doing some illegal thing you have plenty of time to run away.Btw one of the best places to push the speed limit is the Vasco da Gama bridge inLisbon,sweet :D any time during late night is best time.The number one place to do it is the A2 at night during anytime of the year expect for summer,you can go as fast has you want for as long as want.
Born too late to explore the Globe. Born too early to explore the Stars. Born just in time to see the World implode.
Ladybug74
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Ladybug74 »

edit
Last edited by Ladybug74 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Post by androl »

my bicycle tachometer once showed a saved maximum speed of over 80 km/h, but that is because it had some problems. I think between 45 and 50 km/h was the highest what it was showing while I was riding down a hill
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
SubtleKnife
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by SubtleKnife »

I can't remember exactly, 230-something in a Porsche Boxster. Coming back from a retreat my friend wasn't feeling too well (*coughdrunkcough*) and had his eyes closed. When he opened them we were going around that speed downhill in the Ardennes; he screamed.
Zwedenfan
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Zwedenfan »

35km/h on my bike. :lol:
109 hits: 94 :flag-be: :flag-be: | 2 :flag-be: :flag-fr: | 1 :flag-it: :flag-be: | 5 :flag-nl: :flag-be: | 3 :flag-de: :flag-be: | 1 :flag-si: :flag-be: | 1 BGR :flag-be:
1 :flag-de: :flag-be: :flag-be:

Notes entered in: :flag-be: / :flag-fr: / :flag-it: / :flag-nl: / :flag-de: / :flag-uk: / /MC
Miras-Etrin
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Miras-Etrin »

Hello,

I remember the I drove 152km/h with an German Cargo Eletcric Lokomotion without any waggons. It was a little bit to fast, so I got a Fastbreak from the Savesystem. 140km/h was allowd. But the Lokomotion was to strong. :oops:

Greets Bernd
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Maxed 125 km/hr last week, within 200 metres of a speed camera with a limit of 70.

Max speed limit here is 80 km/hr.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Dawizz wrote:
doiknow wrote:Either Speeding bills are very cheap in Protugal or your Police is not that interested in controlling...
Well I'm afraid to say,both!! the speeding bills are very cheap,to cheap imo.And the cops can sometimes be a bit complaisant.And another thing,for some reason there is not enough cops anywhere in Portugal,I have walked around the city where I live for hours at night,well late night 1am-5am and I never see any type of cop activity.I sometimes see a police car crusing slowly down the street,but the best thing is that they use a diesel car! omg the noise it makes.If you where doing some illegal thing you have plenty of time to run away.Btw one of the best places to push the speed limit is the Vasco da Gama bridge inLisbon,sweet :D any time during late night is best time.The number one place to do it is the A2 at night during anytime of the year expect for summer,you can go as fast has you want for as long as want.
You can indeed easily cross Portugal from North to South at a steady speed of 180-190 km/h without being annoyed by speeding cameras... :wink:
compinho
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by compinho »

Phaseolus wrote:You can indeed easily cross Portugal from North to South at a steady speed of 180-190 km/h without being annoyed by speeding cameras... :wink:
Well that settles the destination for my next dothunting trip. :D

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”