How fast did you ever drive ?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

How fast did you ever drive ?

Post by Phaseolus »

A very unpolitically correct topic !

Please mention where and when you drove the fastet with a car ?

For me, I will answer the following :

- In Germany, I had rented a Mercedes in Frankfurt and had to drive to the Netherlands, I could sometimes drive about 200 km/h... But in Germany, it is not funny, as there are no speed limits.

- Therefore, my record is 210 km/h with a BMW I once rented in France (speed limit 130 km/h) : it was at night coming back from the Champagne region... A real pleasure.

- I got caught once by the highway police in France at 177km/h close to Chartres (South-West of Paris) : As I still own a Belgian dirving licence, I got away with a fine of 90 €...

Only mad drivers are allowed to answer this topic : so, please, no blabla bullshit about "it's not good not to respect the rule".

Crazy Phaseolus-driver
bocky
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bocky »

100km/h :lol: But I don't have a driving licence yet! It was with the driving school car (Opel Corsa). :P :P
haemoglobin
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by haemoglobin »

210-220 km/h is my highest speed
(in driving school my best was 199 km/h :D)
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

haemoglobin wrote: (in driving school my best was 199 km/h :D)
Do you mean that the driving shool allows you to drive so fast in Germany ?

I would dream of this !

Personnaly, I was thinking of taking some additional driving course for learning how to react exactly on wet roads or on snow... Did anyone took such lessons ?
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

@Phaseolus: Come to Finland in few days, if you want to learn to drive in snow. :lol:

My record, when I'm driving myself, is something like 180km/h. It's about the maximum my parents old car goes. It was crazy and I didn't like it, but had to try it once (one does stupid things in his youth). :oops:

I have once been on car, that my friend drove ~200km/h on a two-lane road. I was so scared the whole time... 8O

I like driving a bit over the limits, especially on highways that have four-lanes, but on normal roads I prefer to stick with the limits. :idea:
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Klazu wrote:@Phaseolus: Come to Finland in few days, if you want to learn to drive in snow. :lol:
I have been to Finland three times, and i have been driving twice : once in winter, once in summer.

In winter, it was my first time I had "nailed" tires : that was surprising for me : a first experience.

In summer : I had been told that fines in Finland were proportional to your salary... That was enough to discourage me to do any stupid things... (Yes, I am a coward :D )
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ralf »

Some months ago I drove 45 km/h with a tractor :lol:
BaliBennie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by BaliBennie »

On the German autobahn I have reached the topspeed of my car. It was 172 km/h.

On Dutch roads I sometimes drive a bit over the speedlimits.

Here in Belgium where I live now I don't really have the urge to drive too fast as the speed limit here is quite high according to the road conditions.
Outside the city limits it is standard 90 km/h but on most parts it is brought down to 70. And that suits the road situation good almost always.
Visit my homepage to see my statistics, maps and more!

Look at my 5 years statistics

Er gaat niets boven Groningen EBT
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

On my bike? Well, uhm quite hard :lol:
Main organiser of EBTM06: Amsterdam and national meetings in Zwolle and Leiden.
Have you been to Holland? Join the Bingo
milanocapitale
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by milanocapitale »

very good topic!205 km/h with my old alfa romeo, when i was a baby, just 18 years old!But now in Italy we have "patente a punti" and radar everywhere, that's suchs!
-THE ThREAD DIGGER-
Passi per quello sfigato di Marin, passi per quella zoccola della Bruni, passi per una fabbrica di debito come Alitalia ma EBT NO!(Manadou sta gran zoccola)
IO NON SONO MARINARETTO
magpie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by magpie »

With a rented Mercedes 220 km/h but the car could go faster...
aron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aron »

200km/h with my Seat Leon on the German autobahn
Säbb
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Säbb »

160 km/h with a Renault Grand Espace in Germany and Austria.
wisi
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by wisi »

Of course german driving schools allow you to drive fast, my instructor there encouraged me even to drive real fast when I was close to the examination as an monitored excercise. I drove there 210km/h. Later on I had a job to bring brand new cars to field staff of a company and take back their old (which usually ment 2-3 years old), I got the once a car with many horse powers, so my record is 250km/h were usually the cars are limited to. This was a funny thing, you may accelerate quite good up to this speed and then quite surprisingly there is nothing more.
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by de*lerger »

On the second day of my holiday I took a short stretch of German Autobahn. I brought my car (a 2001 Seat Toledo) to 185 km/h when traffic forced me to slow down. I will have to find out the maximum during a following visit to Germany.
Reached that same speed almost in a 1983 Fiat Ritmo, but that was downhill with the pedal-to-the-metal. Couldn't get that one over 160 on a flat road.
My map

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”