Where are you from? (EBT user's map)

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Le Hibou
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Where are you from? (EBT user's map)

Post by Le Hibou »

Found this in the francophone forum:-
cochise wrote:Voila queques chose qui j'espère vous plaira, c'est une carte du monde sur laquelle chaque forumeur peut s'enregistrer, pour ensuite apparaître dessus, si tout le monde participe, ça peut être assez sympa, inscrivez la ville dans laquelle vous résidez, et non celle où vous êtes né
n'hésitez pas à vous inscrire, ça prends 15 secondes maximum, c'est gratuit et il n'y a pas d'adresse email à laisser

Inscrivez-vous d'abord ICI

Puis consultez la carte ICI
Translation:- "Here's something that I hope you'll like, It's a map of the world, where every forum member can register, and then appear on it, if everybody takes part, it would by quite good, write the name of the town where you live, not where you were born
don't hesitate to register, it takes 15 seconds maximum, it's free and you don't have to leave your e-mail address

First register HERE

Then look at the map HERE"
- end of translation

I'd also like to add, you don't need to use your real name, you should probably use your EBT forum name, and avatar if you wish. Currently, there are 47 people registered, mostly from France, 5 in Belgium, some in Switzerland - no Finns, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese etc, also no Brusselars or Flemings (apart from Flemish Brabant). Also one from Montréal, Canada. Let's have some more non-French-speakers!
hafla
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by hafla »

And the first dutchman has entered the map.

Nice chart but i think Pays Bas needs to be devided in provences.
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

If we like to show ourselves on a map, wouldn't it make much more sense to use FRAPPR.COM which has an ultimate map system (Google Maps). That map system over there looks quite poor and hard to use. :?
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
arathorn
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by arathorn »

Klazu wrote:...wouldn't it make much more sense to use FRAPPR.COM...?
In fact there is a map of us.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
My stats
hafla
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by hafla »

I must admit that this looks even better.

Joined the club :lol:
Le Hibou
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Le Hibou »

hafla wrote:And the first dutchman has entered the map.
Proficiat!
hafla wrote:Nice chart but i think Pays Bas needs to be devided in provences.
Yeah, I think you're right there. I don't know why Belgium is divided into provinces, but Netherlands not. Perhaps because it's a french site? ("typical francophone arrogance" , I hear someone muttering. No, No, surely not!) :twisted:

However, later today I'll enquire at the French forum, to see if they can change it.
Klazu wrote:If we like to show ourselves on a map, wouldn't it make much more sense to use FRAPPR.COM which has an ultimate map system (Google Maps). That map system over there looks quite poor and hard to use.
Well I suppose it's a matter of personal preference, but I was once on a Frapper map with about 20 other people, mostly in Europe, and I thought firstly, the map was too cluttered with the "pin" icons representing people's locations so making it difficult to pick out individuals, secondly, the user interface was not easy to use.

I prefer the map system "over there" because, to me, it is much easier to use than Frappr (perhaps because it has fewer features :?: ). Don't forget, Frappr also includes forums, live chat, etc, things that we don't need because we also have them here.

That's not to say that it couldn't be improved: Perhaps when we have 3.000 registered users, we may have some influence over the map service provider, and convince them to include the Dutch provinces! I wonder also if other countries are similarly poorly treated. Probably. The map of France even goes down to Département level, even more detailed than provinces!
eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurojuanmi »

and Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino?
Le Hibou
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Le Hibou »

eurojuanmi wrote:and Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino?
Good point. But do we actually have any users living in those countries?
eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurojuanmi »

Andorra
Number of EBT users living in this country: 26 (2 active)

Liechtenstein
Number of EBT users living in this country: 5 (2 active)

Monaco
Number of EBT users living in this country: 7 (0 active)

San Marino
Number of EBT users living in this country: 5 (1 active)

Vatican City
Number of EBT users living in this country: 4 (0 active)
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

Now i'm on this map

in Bordeaux
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
croeso
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by croeso »

I'm the 4th Portuguese :flag-pt: has entrered on the map. :wink:
Angelino
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Angelino »

I am the :flag-es: number 5.

ranking at this time:

1.France :flag-fr: 54
2.Belgium :flag-be: 10
3.Spain :flag-es: 5

I think isn't a real map of EBTusers :lol:
diogocanilho
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by diogocanilho »

I really don't know if this is the better toppic to make this observation...
As you certainly noticed, some EBT users made changes in the location of their accounts. e.g. (the ones that I remember) :flag-es: pepitopulpito, that now is in Sweden (and were in Slovenia), :flag-de: J.R.K., that was in Spain and more recently :flag-be: bhoeyb, is in Estonia nowadays.
My question is: How long an EBT user must stay in a "different" place to change his location in his EBT account...?
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

diogocanilho wrote:I really don't know if this is the better toppic to make this observation...
As you certainly noticed, some EBT users made changes in the location of their accounts. e.g. (the ones that I remember) :flag-es: pepitopulpito, that now is in Sweden (and were in Slovenia), :flag-de: J.R.K., that was in Spain and more recently :flag-be: bhoeyb, is in Estonia nowadays.
My question is: How long an EBT user must stay in a "different" place to change his location in his EBT account...?
It is indeed sometimes frustrating to see that the move of some users do modify the local/national rankings.

I see two types of temporary changes :
1. The user is / has been on holiday somewhere and wants to register his bills without making mistakes in the country-flag
2. the user that is / has been on holiday and considers he is "part of the country"

I see no problem with n°1, because this attitude lowers the number of mistakes. On the other hand, I believe that the default country is your country of residence.

But, except for the weekly national ranking, I see no fundamental problem.

To be pragmatic, if people go on a holiday and register temporarily in another country, please check when the national ranking is being done for not disturbing it.

For example, if some of you come to France next summer, please feel free to join the French national flag, but please, change back to your home flag on SUNDAY, because the national ranking is done on that day and you will make the life of the orgainising team easier doing as such.

he, he !

Summertime, holiday time ! :lol:
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

croeso wrote:I'm the 4th Portuguese :flag-pt: has entrered on the map. :wink:
And I'm the 4th :flag-nl:. :D
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”