The offtopic thread for stuff too off topic to be off topic.

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Phaseolus, Crazy Bob, Fons, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

The offtopic thread for stuff too off topic to be off topic.

Post by Dakkus »

Good evening.

On the Finnish forum we've got a nice thread where we talk of everything we feel like talking about. We had a small conversation about this in the IRC chan and I decided to give the idea a try.

Some IRC-babbling of mine to clear the idea a bit:
Dakkus @ #ebt @ IRCnet wrote: 143740 <@Dakkus> I often think of stuff I'd like to tell people but don't want to create an own topic for that.

144032 <@Dakkus> Let me translate the first post of that thread..
144037 <@Dakkus> By JANI73.
144205 <@Giberski> oke
144246 <@Dakkus> Now that it seems that on those other pages is gathering all kinds of stuff not belonging there I think we should make this the kind of real random jelly in which anyone can comment
anything that has nothing to do with the actual thing :cool: <br> Like for example that has anyone noticed that my messages always end the same way? :) :D :cool:
144249 <@Dakkus>
144259 <@Dakkus> Did you get the line completely, or did it cut?
144404 <@Osku-82> :cool: is the last word there
144410 <@Dakkus> Yup.
144516 <@Giberski> haha is nice message
144538 <@Dakkus> And the next post is: "I feel always bad when the local shop has such note containers that you can see the upper serial numbers from the topmost notes. So always, and I mean alllllways when I'm getting a fiver as achange, the topmost one is a brand new F/P fiver" (continued..)
144708 <@Dakkus> (..continued) " and when the miss behind the counter takes it to give it to me as a change, under it is a worn out X000**** fiver. But when I don't dare to say that I don't want that new F/P fiver, I want the next worn out P/X fiver, it might be the long-lost international hitnote :S
144711 <@Dakkus> "
144712 <@Dakkus>
144725 <@Giberski> haha what people talk about
144734 <@Giberski> im off for lunch, be back in 20 min
144736 <@Giberski> see you later
144739 -!- Osku-82 [Osku-82@MCXLVII.tdyn.saunalahti.fi] has quit ["Out to lunch"]
144749 <@Dakkus> And then the conversation remains stable about that for five posts.
144800 <@Dakkus> And start talking about where they could find info about world's airports.
144814 <@Giberski> haha cool topic
144821 <@Giberski> another reason for me to learn finnish
144846 <@Dakkus> ..and in the end of that page I'm telling about how the bus lines are numbered in Helsinki.
144904 <@Dakkus> And a while later the people are talking about the baboons of the Korkeasaari Zoo.
144921 <@Dakkus> (a really impressing nationwide topic a while ago, BTW ;))
And well. What I'd like to mention now that I got to the end of this message is it's getting dark here. And I just woke up.
Whoops :D
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

This thread looks meta-offtopic to me ;)
Last track:.31-07-2007.:
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Hmm. Just remembered that some RE trains in say "Zug-U-Logischer Garten" (emphasis where capital letters are used) instead of "Zoologischer Garten".
I think it was the newest type of RE car that did this. If you happen to use an RE train in Berlin, you really should listen to that quite closely :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

Men, it's really stormy here, and yes, I have to go out now for my job as postman, wish me luck. You will hear at the end of the day if I survived. If not, guys it was nice meeting you.

Giberski
jabosa2
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jabosa2 »

I like this idea :D :D

And Gibersky, good luck with posting the letters and I really hope you will survive it!!!!!
Steun het Nederlandse Rode Kruis.
www.rodekruis.nl/
My stats
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

So we can talk about anything, eh?
Well what I'm currently thinking about is what to do with my Christmas Tree. I should bring it to be recycled somewhere I guess, and am just about to seeif I can find somewhere. Am not looking forward to bringing it down to my car though - I'm sure half of the needles will fall off
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
cornjac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by cornjac »

Fjon, take a sheet wrap your tree in the sheet and carry him downstairs without loosing needles left in your house and then let recycle him or let cut him into little bits. :wink:

Cornjac :roll:
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

I didn't even think of that - what a clever idea! Thanks! :D
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

I still live, I have a new hairstyle though, but...1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10, my ten fingers are still there!

Giberski
Max
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Max »

nice topic :lol: 8)
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

Yeah I do agree, you can talk about whatever you want, without searching for a topic in which we aleady talk about the subject.
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

Well I managed to get my Christams tree to the car without losing too many needles, and drove to the recycling park. I had to wait for an hour to get in because there were hundreds of cars waiting to get rid of their trees.
You see January 6th is the day you're supposed to take your decorations down, and yesterday was the first Saturday ater the 6th.
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

Strange huh, a house without all the Christmas decorations again? It's so empty!
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aaron »

I feel still too lazy to take off the Christmas lights. They could wait there for the next Christmas as well. :wink:
Kedvenc állatam a hörcsög; ha rálépek, szörcsög.
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

Yeah, why not, it's just 356 to go, so we should start counting. Damn, I have to think of what to buy for gifts for under the Christmas three. Shit, I don't have a Christmas tree yet!!! I should get one...

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”