Here's a game we used to use to pass the time in our lab at university. The rules are that a topic is named, and you have to name something in that topic that starts with an 'A' then a 'B', etc. (in a small group, everyone has to name something starting with 'A' before moving on to 'B', but I suspect that won't work here...
) Whoever names the 'Z' word starts the next topic.
EDIT: I am happy to accept (verified) answers in any language!
EDIT2: Thanks to mrclfrtjs for listing the first 50 topics (reached on 24 January 2006). They were:
3. Nobelprizewinners (with year and category)
4. Capitals (country) -> in the country language
5. automobile brands
6. currency names
7. Beer brands
8. province/state of countries
9. Newspapers in the world
10. names of flowers and add if possible a picture!
11. name of cars (with picture)
12. Sportsmen and women with their first and last names starting with the same letter (including the sport they play)!!!!!
13. Football teams
14. District of a city in the world/Wijk van een stad in de wereld/Viertel eines Ortes in der Welt
15. Cities near the border/Steden langs de landsgrens/Städte nahe die Landesgrenze (Etwa 10 kilometer; not more)
16. alcoholic drinks (spirits and liqueurs)
19. People on banknotes. Please give the name and the banknote
20. Cities in Asia......
21. counties in the United States
22. Words, beginning and ending with the same letter (English only)
23. Cities in the world; directly at the ocean (so no Amsterdam or Rotterdam)
25. attraction names in theme parks
26. Airplane companies
27. Aircrafttype's (photo would be nice)
28. Schilder mit Strassennamen, Signs with streetnames
29. railroadcompanies all over the world (freight or passenger; it does not matter), but picture (symbol) would be nice.
30. cities in countries who start with the same letter
31. persons mentioned in the Bible
32. Famous composers.... and give also the name of one of his most famous works....
33. President/King/Queen of the world (living not necessary, but what country is; picture would be nice!)
34. horses breeds
35. names of buildings statues and not yet more existing buildings
40. transport companies
41. famous artists or architects, any period, pictures too...
43. famous mountains
44. SINGERS, MUSICIANS OR GROUPS ->AT LEAST ONE MEMBER OF THE GROUP HAS TO BE A WOMAN
45. Radio Stations
46. bicycle constructors...
47. BEACH AROUND THE WORLD
49. car builders
So, here goes. The first topic is an easy one