Wireless Euro bill tracking

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

m_vw
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Re: Wireless Euro bill tracking

Post by m_vw »

After succesfully using the wap service on my old nokia I'm running into a strange problem on my new Samsung.

First of all it took me a week to find settings that work, and now that I'm on the site I can't enter notes.

When I try to enter the printercode or serial I can't change the letter. PxxGx works because that are the first letters on the buttons, but When I try to enter a note with an X I can only enter the W.

Are there other users with this problem??

Maurice
My first Note
My Stats (updated 2020.08.13)
greteck
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by greteck »

I recently experienced some difficulties to enter Maltese notes on the wap version of the entering form with an error message saying something like "wrong combination".

When I went to the standard version (via wireless access), no problem with these bills so I conclude it comes from the wap version.
Eurobilltraqueur et client BNP ?

Il existe des échangeurs de billet dans certaines agences BNP permettant d'obtenir beaucoup de billets de 5 euros !

Ceux que la communauté a déjà identifié sont localisables sur http://www.greteck.eu
m_vw
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by m_vw »

m_vw wrote:After succesfully using the wap service on my old nokia I'm running into a strange problem on my new Samsung.

First of all it took me a week to find settings that work, and now that I'm on the site I can't enter notes.

When I try to enter the printercode or serial I can't change the letter. PxxGx works because that are the first letters on the buttons, but When I try to enter a note with an X I can only enter the W.

Are there other users with this problem??

Maurice
Problem solved, the light version works.
My first Note
Jackgaillard
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Wireless Euro bill tracking for Android

Post by Jackgaillard »

Hi folks
Nirvam has developped EBT-new-Note for android (1.5....)
I tried it on Sony-Ericsson xperia 10 mini
download link by PM if you wish
Jack
Ecouter Eurobilltracker sur les grosses têtes de Philippe Bouvard ICI
Jackgaillard
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jackgaillard »

€€F wrote:If available for Android , I am interrested ..
You can take the apk from here:
http://ebt-new-note.googlecode.com/svn/ ... ewNote.apk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(subject to changes...)
thanks to Marvin
Ecouter Eurobilltracker sur les grosses têtes de Philippe Bouvard ICI
Craft
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Craft »

Is it possible to develop (or is there one already) a mobile application that would take the location by the phone's GSM and send the coordinates to EBT instead of the location's zip code, and then EBT would find a zip code and city for that dot and add the note to the database with the zip code and city name? This could save mobile users from finding zip codes for each location (when entering notes within the same dot where the note was obtained, of course).

Or, a functionality to the note entry forms to click a link for opening up a map, pointing the exact location and thus producing coordinates by which EBT would find the corresponding zip code and city.
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

Craft wrote:Is it possible to develop (or is there one already) a mobile application that would take the location by the phone's GSM and send the coordinates to EBT instead of the location's zip code, and then EBT would find a zip code and city for that dot and add the note to the database with the zip code and city name? This could save mobile users from finding zip codes for each location (when entering notes within the same dot where the note was obtained, of course).

Or, a functionality to the note entry forms to click a link for opening up a map, pointing the exact location and thus producing coordinates by which EBT would find the corresponding zip code and city.
Yes, there already is. EBT mobile will be available later this month.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
Craft
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Craft »

Nice, good job! :D
m_vw
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by m_vw »

This week I've twice tried to enter a note with my phone using the simple form and both times it did not work.

Did the setting change?

Both times the login was ok, but getting the sessionid failed.

Maurice
My first Note
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

m_vw wrote:This week I've twice tried to enter a note with my phone using the simple form and both times it did not work.

Did the setting change?

Both times the login was ok, but getting the sessionid failed.
This has been fixed some time ago.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
bob9
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by bob9 »

When you type " in comments using WAP they get cut off. For example Note has "enter me on EBT" written on it becomes just Note has.
Cash is king. | My EBT profile
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by R/J »

bob9 wrote:When you type " in comments using WAP they get cut off. For example Note has "enter me on EBT" written on it becomes just Note has.
This must be a technical limitation of the entering system. It seems the comment is stored as a string, and strings start and end with ".

I just learned to avoid using this sign in comments.
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

I figured I could tell about a problem I found and solved.
I got a new (Nokia :/ ) phone, which comes with Opera Mini as the "only" browser.
It doesn't know when to change from letters to numbers, so writing printer codes and serial numbers is something of a pain in the butt.

However, I found out the phone also includes the old Nokia wap browser that is able to change correctly from letters to numbers. I could launch the EBT wap site in the old browser this way:
- Choose Internet -> Internet Search
- The phone launches the Bing search engine.
- Search for "google", which gets m.google.com as one of the results.
- When you are in m.google.com, make a search for wap.eurobilltracker.eu and go there.
- Choose "add to web services" in the Options menu (left menu button).

Now you can find your way to EBT's wap site by choosing Internet -> Web Services -> EuroBillTracker.
You can also add this as a shortcut to the "desktop" of the phone by doing this: - Activate the shortcut row by pressing the defined button (up, down or right, depending on the phone model)
- Click the left menu button
- Choose "Select shortcuts"
- Choose "Web services" and then press the middle button over "EuroBillTracker".
- Press the right menu button twice and answer "yes" to the question
- Activate the shortcut row again
- press the left menu button
- Choose "order shortcuts"
- Move the EuroBillTracker entry so that its on the third place in the list.
- press the right menu button and answer "yes" to the question.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Nomen Nescio
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Nomen Nescio »

I have been testing The Real McCoy, my new Nokia N9 and here's how EBT works with its browser.

wap.eurobilltracker.com - does not load as expected

wap.eurobilltracker.com/light.php - works nicely

http://www.eurobilltracker.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - works nicely and no difficulties entering notes here

m.eurobilltracker.com - works with a few quirks. Choice of denomination doesn't react properly in the N9's browser, you have to retry several times before the page registers your choice. The submit button at the bottom of the page unresponsive, but the submit button at the bar at top works.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Nomen Nescio wrote:I have been testing The Real McCoy, my new Nokia N9 and here's how EBT works with its browser.

wap.eurobilltracker.com - does not load as expected

wap.eurobilltracker.com/light.php - works nicely
Right, we've probably already reached the moment where mobile phones can handle HTML better than the markup language that was specifically designed for mobile phones, WML. The difference between those similar-looking URLs is that the former uses WML while the latter uses HTML. It's unlikely that either of these services will be changed significantly any more (now that we have m.eurobilltracker.com), except that I'll probably port them to use the new EBT API at some point. This change won't be visible to the users of those websites, though.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.

Return to “Feedback and Development”