Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

Nomen Nescio
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Re: Wireless Euro bill tracking

Post by Nomen Nescio »

Did som additional playing around, this time using WM 7.5 "Mango",

wap.eurobilltracker.com/light.php ok

http://www.eurobilltracker.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ok

m.eurobilltracker.com works, but does look quite ugly
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

Nomen Nescio wrote:m.eurobilltracker.com works, but does look quite ugly
Hihi, most likely because m.ebt.com is based on the iUI framework which was originally only optimized for iOS.

As I said, I'm planning on porting the mobile site to the jQuery mobile framework which should put an end to the various incompatibilities. Their compatibility matrix is quite impressive.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

avij wrote:Right, we've probably already reached the moment where mobile phones can handle HTML better than the markup language that was specifically designed for mobile phones, WML. The difference between those similar-looking URLs is that the former uses WML while the latter uses HTML. It's unlikely that either of these services will be changed significantly any more (now that we have m.eurobilltracker.com), except that I'll probably port them to use the new EBT API at some point. This change won't be visible to the users of those websites, though.
I'll revive this topic to state my intention to retire the original WAP interface that uses WML. There has been one (1) user using the WAP interface for submitting notes in the last six months, and it might not be worth the effort to keep it alive any longer.

The light HTML version that resides in a nearby URL has seen a bit more usage, so perhaps I'll keep that alive for now. I will need to port (=rewrite) it to use the proper API some time this month, though.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.

Return to “Feedback and Development”