Wireless Euro bill tracking

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

imde
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Re: Wireless Euro bill tracking

Post by imde »

Have you also tried wap.eurobilltracker.eu/light.php? ;) This works fine here.
Marco1970
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Marco1970 »

WAP works fine for me, but I onlu use it in case of "emergency". Normally, I use the EBT-site by using a UMTS or WiFi connection. So I am able to enter my notes very fast and up-speed, and using the cache memory on my Nokia E63 makes it easy to re-use old comments, postal codes and locations.
EBT Profile: Marco1970
EBT Check Statistics: Marco1970
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

My cell phone has a physical keyboard too, but using the regular EBT page for entering notes would not be fun due to the screen size. So when I use the cell phone for that purpose (admittedly not very often), I prefer the WAP page. When I travel with my netbook, using the "normal" page and form is much easier.

Christian
Schlauchen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Location: Kleinschwarzenbach / Helmbrechts / Franconia / Germany

Post by Schlauchen »

Well, maybe I'm just too stupid or so, but today I had a problem with entering a note via WAP (only the third time I ever did this, btw)
I wanted to enter a note quickly in the bank, to check if I had already had that bundle. Entering (veeery long) e-mail address, entering (veeery long) password, and login was okay. Then I inserted the note data, and it displayed "Login failed, e-mail / password wrong".
Same procedure again, same message again.
(Then I had the weird idea that I had changed my password the day before (not true btw), so I entered the other password (which I had had the first time I entered a note via WAP) and then it displayed again something like login successful, and it even knew that Helmbrechts is my standard city. Entering note data again, and again the e-mail/password-wrong message.

Now I'm really frustrated and don't even have chocolate at home.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Hm, chocolate.. I'll try to remember that.

A lesser known fact is that you can get to the WAP note entry form with any email address or password. The email address and password are only checked after you try to submit a note. The default location is separate from EBT's default location. The WAP page merely remembers the location you used the last time you submitted notes via WAP. It does not get that information from EBT's database.

As for typing long email addresses/passwords, you're supposed to enter them only once. After logging in for the first time, you get something like You should bookmark the following address: <link>. Click on the link and create a new bookmark from that page. The next time you enter notes with WAP, select that bookmark from your phone's bookmarks and you're automatically presented with the note entry form.

It might be that there's something wrong with your email address or password.. We can have a closer look at this problem some evening. The logs don't show anything particularly alarming.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Schlauchen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Schlauchen »

fine, today it worked. The umlauts (ä, ö, ü) weren't submitted correctly - any hint if it's possible to use them in some way? If not, no problem to edit the comments later :)
haemoglobin
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by haemoglobin »

Schlauchen wrote:..The umlauts (ä, ö, ü) weren't submitted correctly..
i`m having the same problem with windows mobile 5/6 based phones (HTC Touch Diamond f.e.). after submitted the note i can`t use "reuse info" and when downloading the csv those lines are totally empty
Schlauchen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Schlauchen »

Since yesterday I have a strange problem with WAP: At about 8:45, I entered a note using WAP, no problems here. Circa 20 minutes later, I wanted to enter another note, and it didn't work anymore, since then, my cell phone always displays "Dateiformat unbekannt" ("unknown file format").
I also tried to log in normally without using my bookmark: the log in page works perfectly fine, but it doesn't display the note entering page.

What can I do ????? Am I the only one with that problem?

In these 20 minutes I didn't change any settings in my cell phone, I only deleted the bookmark for the EBT-site with an old password, but I guess it has nothing to do with that....
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

I just noticed something: I entered a note yesterday with WAP (to check if still works on my phone), and the note was entered in Nrnberg :flag-de: Germany, 90469.

I've corrected the name to Nürnberg before I though what could be wrong. Can this be investigated what went wrong there?

I was using WAP on my Nokia 6310 and I did enter the ü.
Eliezer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

WAP interface broken!

Post by Eliezer »

When I enter notes using the WAP interface I only get "Unknown reply - status of the note not known" or something like that. Has something been done to EBT login or note entering yesterday or today resulting to incompatibility with EBT WAP interface? Entering notes still works - user only cannot confirm that without checking from EBT website.
Nomen Nescio
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Nomen Nescio »

The past few days attempts to use the wait-after-paying interface has resulted in "Unknown reply - status of the note not known" and no note enterd into the database. I'm using a nowadays slightly vintage E90.

Btw, there was earlier a light version of the www-based entryform for notes, is it still functional and any information on how it works with the N900 ?
Nomen Nescio
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Nomen Nescio »

imde wrote:Have you also tried wap.eurobilltracker.eu/light.php? ;) This works fine here.
Works nicely with a N900 :)
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

I have made an hit via WAP months ago

it tells the hitpartner & when and where the note waz entered

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
Web Designer della web agency WEDESA :flag-it:
girls legs SUPERFAN
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

The "Unknown reply - status of the note not known" error was likely caused by the WAP page not understanding year 2010 as a valid year for a prior entry of a note. This meant that if the note was already entered to EBT, the WAP page gave the "unknown reply" error message, instead of the proper error message stating that the note has already been entered. Of course there may also be other reasons for such "unknown reply" errors, but at least this one is now fixed. WAP now also understands the F notes.

As for the Nürnberg problem, it's caused by some phones insisting on sending the data in Latin-1, even though the WAP entry form asks for the data to be sent in UTF-8. I'm slightly reluctant to come up with a workaround for buggy phones. wap.eurobilltracker.com/light.php may work better with such phones. Worth trying, anyway.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Jackgaillard
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Wireless Euro bill tracking IPHONE

Post by Jackgaillard »

Hello
is there an iphone app for EurobillTracking ?

Jack
Ecouter Eurobilltracker sur les grosses têtes de Philippe Bouvard ICI

Return to “Feedback and Development”