Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons, avij, dserrano5

Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Postby Burdie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:07 pm

avij wrote:I'm planning to enable DNSSEC for EuroBillTracker at some point. To make sure there won't be issues, I have already configured eurobt.eu to use DNSSEC.

I need your help for testing. Please visit http://eurobt.eu/dnssec/ and see if the page loads.

If you get a "success" message, everything is fine. If not, please tell me which ISP you have and which operating system you have. Please also test the page with any mobile device (phone, tablet) you may have. Thanks.

Also Success here

(Edit) Copied Avij's message ontop of my result, so everyone knows what to do. I think it is not nessersery to reply if you have a "Success"
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST 244 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 367
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog

Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Crazy Bob » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:05 pm

Success so far on mobile devices:
- iphone 6, ios 10.2.1, both Safari and Firefox Focus give a positive result
- LG G3s, Cyanogenmod 13.1 (Android 6.0.1), both Pale Moon and Firefox give a positive result

Trying it later on with some older "legacy" OSes/browsers
Rotterdam #3, South Holland #10, NL #37, Int'l #301
My profile

giulcenc
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Postby giulcenc » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:25 pm

It's OK from Windows10 using Chrome, Firefox and Edge;
and it's ok from my Leagoo Elite 5 mobile phone with Android 5.1 using Chrome.

avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby avij » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Thanks for testing. Testing for different browsers is somewhat unnecessary, because if there are problems, they're not at the browser level but elsewhere. Hostnames are resolved to IP addresses at the operating system level, and the ISP's DNS servers also play a role in this. Theoretically it is possible that the same laptop works fine with DNSSEC-enabled domains when used at home, but does not work when used at work due to different ISPs (or vice versa).
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
EBT Tech WG leader. Do not PM me if your question is not related to Tech WG or the association.

avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby avij » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:18 am

The DNSSEC test page has now been accessed from 55 different IP addresses. eurobilltracker.eu (only a redirected domain name nowadays) is now DNSSEC-enabled. I'm planning to enable DNSSEC on eurobilltracker.com in about two weeks.

[technical]
.. so that I'd get to test how the automatic zone signing key generation/publishing/activation/retirement/deletion scripts work at the start of each quarter (January, April, July, October). Key signing keys are automatically generated at the end of the year, but I'll still need to cut&paste the KSKs manually to Gandi (the domain name registrar we're using).
[/technical]
EBT Tech WG leader. Do not PM me if your question is not related to Tech WG or the association.

avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby avij » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:34 am

avij wrote:I'm planning to enable DNSSEC for EuroBillTracker at some point.

This has now been done. Technical analysis shows no problems, so I hope it works. This was the 9th domain name for which I've enabled DNSSEC, and the others haven't shown any problems either.

Return to “Feedback and Development”