Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by LArdennais »

LArdennais wrote:And finally, what about... :note-10: + :note-20: E/E (ES2) notes, that are :flag-fr: and not :flag-sk: ? :cry:
Sorry but it's NOT corrected onto the entries' forms :( :( :(
Last edited by LArdennais on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Last night, I received a hit email for a triple hit that (apparently) occurred on the 12th of July but had not been in my hit list previously!? This is the hit in question.
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

avij wrote:The printers list, the "tables" page, and your own note statistics page now have separate sections for first series notes and Europa series notes.
Thank you very much for these improvements!
giulcenc
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giulcenc »

Crazy Bob wrote:Last night, I received a hit email for a triple hit that (apparently) occurred on the 12th of July but had not been in my hit list previously!? This is the hit in question.
Maybe did leevi60 get the hit with a correction in his entry (he entered his note originally with an other denomination, or with a wrong serial, and only yesterday he corrected his entry)?
Dioniz
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Dioniz »

Very nice update! Thanks!
My profile & EBTST & Hit-dots map
Hits: 616x :flag-si:, 277x :flag-at:, 52x :flag-de:, 24x :flag-it:, 10x :flag-nl:, 7x :flag-be:, 5x :flag-fi:, 5x :flag-sk:, 3x :flag-fr:, 1x :flag-ee:, 1x :flag-gr:, 1x :flag-hr:, 1x :flag-lt:, 1x :flag-pt:, 1x :flag-es:, 1x ME, 1x :flag-at: :flag-at:, 1x :flag-be: :flag-be:, 1x :flag-be: :flag-at:, 1x :flag-fr: :flag-de:
Flightdiary & Where's George?
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Following the update from last month (separating notes by series on statistics and diffusion graphs), would it be easy to add this feature to the local search tool? I'd love to be able to find my Europa notes in a fast way, so I guess adding a new prefix ("series") to the usable prefixes on the local search box would be an easy way from the user's point of view.

In short, will it be possible at any time to use one of the following in the search box?
  • series:Europa
    series:2
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

avij wrote:From elsewhere:
avij wrote:It may be possible that we will block unencrypted logins via the website as well at some point, but no decision about this has been made yet.
I'm thinking of making logins https only from October 1st onwards. In practise, the "Secure login" checkbox will be removed and the secure login mode is selected by default. If you have concerns about this, please let me know.
This is a reminder that this is still in the plans. This may actually happen a few days earlier than October 1st due to practical reasons.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

avij wrote:
avij wrote:From elsewhere:
avij wrote:It may be possible that we will block unencrypted logins via the website as well at some point, but no decision about this has been made yet.
I'm thinking of making logins https only from October 1st onwards. In practise, the "Secure login" checkbox will be removed and the secure login mode is selected by default. If you have concerns about this, please let me know.
This is a reminder that this is still in the plans. This may actually happen a few days earlier than October 1st due to practical reasons.
will there be an automatic redirect from http:// to https:// for those users who set a bookmark but cannot be bothered (or are computer-illiterate enough not to know how) to change? if so, then i don't see a problem.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

klapotec wrote:will there be an automatic redirect from http:// to https:// for those users who set a bookmark but cannot be bothered (or are computer-illiterate enough not to know how) to change? if so, then i don't see a problem.
Yes.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

avij wrote:I'm thinking of making logins https only from October 1st onwards. In practise, the "Secure login" checkbox will be removed and the secure login mode is selected by default.
I have already started making these changes, one step at a time. The first visible change was the removal of the "Secure login" checkbox. I'll be going through the code to see where else passwords might be passed unencrypted.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Starting today, all logins done via plain HTTP will be intentionally delayed. Today the delay will be 10 seconds, tomorrow 10.5 seconds, the day after that 11 seconds ... until the delay grows to around 20 seconds at the end of the month.

On October 1st all plain HTTP logins will be blocked, ending a six year transition period to using secure HTTPS for logins.

This affects only those programs using the EBT API over plain HTTP. Normal website users are already using secure HTTPS for logging in.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

One of the name servers for the eurobilltracker.com domain is at Gandi (Paris, France). I rebooted the server to switch to a newer kernel about half an hour ago. A routine operation that should not have caused any problems.

However, when the server came back up, it had lost its IPv4 address. The logs don't have any indication of why, so I filed a support request at Gandi so that they could have a look. The server is still accessible over IPv6, and the two other name servers in Finland and Germany are operating normally over IPv4 and IPv6, so this situation should not cause any significant problems.

This server also hosts some shorter URLs to EBT, and those might be inaccessible until this situation gets resolved. I can transfer those to some other server, but DNS changes take a while to propagate.

Sorry for the trouble.

edit: Right after I finished writing this message I received instructions for how to fix this problem. Apparently there had been a bug in their management script damaging the config, and I needed to fix the configuration myself. So all is well again.

Somewhat related to this, the aforementioned server (virtual machine really) will need to be transferred to a new datacenter later this year. This should not cause any particular problems for EBT users, but needs my attention at some point.

edit2: I'll be doing more maintenance for this server tonight (or early Friday morning).
edit3: Maintenance break over.
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

avij wrote:I'm planning to enable DNSSEC for EuroBillTracker at some point. To make sure there won't be issues, I have already configured eurobt.eu to use DNSSEC.
I need your help for testing. Please visit http://eurobt.eu/dnssec/ and see if the page loads.
Maybe I am late but I get this saying it is all good:
dnssec.png
dnssec.png (55.36 KiB) Viewed 1834 times
using dnssec validator :wink:
a̳l̳o̳x̳e̳ • my other statsmy map of France
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

aloxe wrote:
avij wrote: Maybe I am late
You're quoting a message over eight months old, so you can leave out the "maybe": you're late :roll:
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

Crazy Bob wrote: You're quoting a message over eight months old, so you can leave out the "maybe": you're late :roll:
ach jo
a̳l̳o̳x̳e̳ • my other statsmy map of France

Return to “Feedback and Development”