Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by lmviterbo »

Long time ago I complained about the defective formatting, on Chrome, of the second column of data on the "My Notes | Last (months / days) | Compare with" table. For example, http://eurobilltracker.com/my_notes/?co ... mpare=2014

This works well on Firefox or Edge but not on Chrome. Now I decided to inspect the HTML code and here's how I solved the problem:

http://1drv.ms/1momtG8

I just added width="45%" to the left column, like this

Code: Select all

<td width="45%">
Why 45%? Because the separator column is defined as 10%, so this is leaves 90% for the sum of the first and the second column.

This is where the code must go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3bMB3 ... VxWFU/view

I tested it on Edge and Firefox and it seems to not ruin anything. Instead, it is even better this way, because columns 1 and 2 will get to be the same size. On Firefox Inspector, it's clearly visible that the first column was occupying 50% of the available width, with 10% for the separator column and only 40% for the second one.

I hope this makes sense.
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

I tried to edit a note, but the new shortcodes like Z003A1 are being seen as invalid.
giulcenc
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giulcenc »

In this page https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?command=8;tab=3 is necessary update the printers list, splitting them into "first series" and "Europa series".

The same for the country codes here https://en.eurobilltracker.com/my_notes ... 8240;tab=1 into the "Distribution - Country of origin" section.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Fons wrote:I tried to edit a note, but the new shortcodes like Z003A1 are being seen as invalid.
Is this still an issue? Do you get an error message, or is the field red? If the latter, try clearing your browser's cache.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

I get an error message, after pressing the 'continue button'
jovada
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by jovada »

The Google Maps dotmap seems to be broken. The dots are no longer being displayed. The dotcount is also broken, the grid still works.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

jovada wrote:The Google Maps dotmap seems to be broken. The dots are no longer being displayed. The dotcount is also broken, the grid still works.
This was reported here two days ago. A "solution" was found:

Dots appear if you uncheck the Dotmap checkbox and check it again. The dotcount will then be shown too if checked.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

I installed a new version of lighttpd (1.4.40) on our development server earlier tonight, and did not notice any problems. I proceeded to switch to the same version on the main EBT website tonight at around 23:29 CEST.

There are some differences in web server configurations of the development server and the main EBT server. Notably some IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are blocked from accessing the main EBT server (for SQL injection attempts and such). It turned out that the new version of lighttpd has a bug, which prevents restarting lighttpd if the configuration has IPv6 addresses in $HTTP["remoteip"] blocks. Figuring out the problem and removing those few IPv6 addresses took a few minutes, and EBT was back online at around 23:32 CEST. Sorry for the downtime.

Lighttpd developers are now aware of the problem and a fix is forthcoming. This is unlikely to affect the life of any of you, though.
Edit: fix is here.
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

I think after the Update I have big problems to enter notes.

After I press enter or press the OK button, the program is looking for the site, can't find it and after a long while Internet Exployer gives me "can not display the website" Only one out of five times the note is entered.

I've got totaly no other problems with the EBT site, Also no problems entering coordinates as citymanager.

Maybe it had to do that I'm working on an old Computer (Windows Vista) and Internet Exployer 9

I don't know if the update something have to do with it
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Burdie wrote:After I press enter or press the OK button, the program is looking for the site, can't find it and after a long while Internet Exployer gives me "can not display the website" Only one out of five times the note is entered.
It is entirely possible that this is indeed related to the new version. The new version changed the way some connections were kept open. I noticed some oddities related to this, but I was unsure if it actually caused problems for anyone. Thank you for your report.

There is a fix for this problem as well, but I haven't had the chance to install it yet. I have reverted back to the previous version for now. I'll try again with a fixed version later this weekend.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

avij wrote:I'll try again with a fixed version later this weekend.
Looks like someone had already created an updated package, incorporating the fixes. We're now running 1.4.40 plus some fixes. Let me know if you continue having problems.
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

avij wrote:
Looks like someone had already created an updated package, incorporating the fixes. We're now running 1.4.40 plus some fixes. Let me know if you continue having problems.
Thanks, Everything is fine now
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

Burdie wrote:
avij wrote:
Thanks, Everything is fine now
I Think I Celebrated to early.
Although it is better (Now one out of three attempt are entering the notes) end when they are entering everything is going like as it ment to do that.
but for the other attempts are like i mentioned before
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Burdie wrote:Although it is better (Now one out of three attempt are entering the notes) end when they are entering everything is going like as it ment to do that. but for the other attempts are like i mentioned before
Hmm.. Now I don't know, the symptoms I was seeing last time are gone. I have reverted back to 1.4.39 to see if this is indeed caused by the new version. I'm planning to keep using this version until Monday evening. Let me know if you continue having problems. If problems continue with the old version, the problems are caused by something else.
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

avij wrote: Hmm.. Now I don't know, the symptoms I was seeing last time are gone. I have reverted back to 1.4.39 to see if this is indeed caused by the new version. I'm planning to keep using this version until Monday evening. Let me know if you continue having problems. If problems continue with the old version, the problems are caused by something else.
I have entered a few notes and totaly no problems now

Return to “Feedback and Development”