Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by Burdie »

I don't know if had something to do with all the stuff above, but I noticed that sinds yesterday on the City Manager part and on the detailed view, the system filled up with a lot of figures after the digital point by the latitude and longitude.
If you go to the city profile, everything is going back to normal as entered

For the rest is everything working, only to let you know, maybee it is relaited

(EDIT) Is it magic, or is it fixed by now. Everything is now OK
Last edited by Burdie on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Burdie wrote:I don't know if had something to do with all the stuff above, but I noticed that sinds yesterday on the City Manager part and on the detailed view, the system filled up with a lot of figures after the digital point by the latitude and longitude.

Yes, it's related and I think I fixed this two minutes prior to your message.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

avij wrote:
Burdie wrote:I don't know if had something to do with all the stuff above, but I noticed that sinds yesterday on the City Manager part and on the detailed view, the system filled up with a lot of figures after the digital point by the latitude and longitude.

Yes, it's related and I think I fixed this two minutes prior to your message.
Thanks, I edited my previos post :-)
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

Hello Avij,

To let You know, if you go to City Manager - Interchange Locations, the put the @ sign infront of the latiture and is filling up the latitide and langitude
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Burdie wrote:To let You know, if you go to City Manager - Interchange Locations, the put the @ sign infront of the latiture and is filling up the latitide and langitude
Should look better now.
IvarioLV
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by IvarioLV »

Hello, I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but it seems there's a typo concerning the pages of the municpalities of :flag-lv: Latvia. For example: (https://en.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?region=8517) "X is a city and municipalitiy in Latvia".

A fix would be appreciated!
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

One of the three name servers for the eurobilltracker.com domain will be down for a while tomorrow morning:
Gandi wrote:On Wednesday December 21, 2016, between 6:00 and 9:00 UTC, we will be automatically upgrading all affected servers. We will be doing our best to keep downtime as minimal as possible during this period. However, some servers may experience downtime of an hour or more.
This should not affect the availability of EBT significantly, because there are still two other name servers that are fully functional.

edit: This maintenance break has been cancelled.. I read the email only after adjusting the name servers so that the maintenance's effect would have been minimal. Sigh.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Normally I might not bother announcing minor updates like this, but because some past lighttpd upgrades have not been as painless as one would hope, I'm letting you all know that we're now running lighttpd 1.4.44. If there are problems, please let me know.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

avij wrote:I have enabled compression for some JavaScript and CSS files, despite the warning in the documentation that states "Keep in mind that compressed JavaScript and CSS files are broken in some browsers". If you are using such a browser, let me know and perhaps we can revert the change. This change may speed up page loading a bit.
Apparently the compression for JavaScript files got accidentally disabled at some point during these two years, but it is enabled again now. If this change causes problems, please let me know.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Fons wrote:When I browse to https://www.eurobilltracker.com/press/ it shows the part of articles published in 2014 automaticly. Perhaps this can be changed to 2015 now as there is at least one article mentioned in the 2015 section
The underlying problem was fixed some weeks ago. Now it finds the newest year from among the news items, and adds the tabs appropriately. So whenever someone from the Comm WG uploads a news item for 2017, the press page gets adapted automatically for 2017.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

avij wrote:Normally I might not bother announcing minor updates like this, but because some past lighttpd upgrades have not been as painless as one would hope, I'm letting you all know that we're now running lighttpd 1.4.44. If there are problems, please let me know.
The same, but now we're running lighttpd 1.4.45. It's a "bug-fix-only release" so I'm not expecting problems.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

For your information: Some of the shorter URLs that redirect to EBT are hosted at Gandi, and they say they are currently impacted by a huge DDoS. I would expect the situation to get resolved shortly.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

I'm planning to enable DNSSEC for EuroBillTracker at some point. To make sure there won't be issues, I have already configured eurobt.eu to use DNSSEC.

I need your help for testing. Please visit http://eurobt.eu/dnssec/ and see if the page loads.

If you get a "success" message, everything is fine. If not, please tell me which ISP you have and which operating system you have. Please also test the page with any mobile device (phone, tablet) you may have. Thanks.
nossi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nossi »

avij wrote:I'm planning to enable DNSSEC for EuroBillTracker at some point. To make sure there won't be issues, I have already configured eurobt.eu to use DNSSEC.

I need your help for testing. Please visit http://eurobt.eu/dnssec/ and see if the page loads.

If you get a "success" message, everything is fine. If not, please tell me which ISP you have and which operating system you have. Please also test the page with any mobile device (phone, tablet) you may have. Thanks.
Success :!:
Liebe Grüße aus Wien - nossi -
beaweb
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by beaweb »

Success, too!

Return to “Feedback and Development”