Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

arjanvs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by arjanvs »

nossi wrote:Noch kurioser ist es, wenn verschiedene Browser unterschiedliche Werte anzeigen. :?: :roll:

Es geht um die Seite "Meine Scheine - Statistiken". Während Microsoft Edge die richtigen Werte (Anzahl der eingegebenen Scheine bzw. Platzierung) anzeigt, liefert Firefox einen um 2 Scheine geringeren Wert und eine um 1 Platz schlechtere Einstufung. Auch ein Leeren des Cache verbesserte das Ergebnis nicht. Derzeit findet sich dieser Fehler nur auf dieser Seite. Ob weitere Browser betroffen sind, kann ich nicht sagen, weil ich nur diese beiden verwende.

Sorry for writing in German, but i can't explain it in English as correct as in German.
I also use firefox and have the same problem
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

tigerpranke wrote:
arjanvs wrote:I have a difference between my bills en my bills in the ranking
I miss 1 bill in the ranking.
I hope i say it right because my englisch is not very good :oops:
There's at least one more user who has the same problem:
:flag-de: HorstNDH :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21899&e=1&view=unread#p1170384 (german)
I had the idea: "I'll calculate the total value of the notes. Maybe we can figure out in which value the bug is".
Total number of notes: 121114+28364+8249+4109+138+20+14=162008 ("Notes entered: 162.007"), so there is a difference of 1.
Total value: 605570+283640+164980+205450+13800+4000+7000=€ 1.284.440 ("Value of notes entered: 1.284.440 €"), that's correct, so the solution is somewhere else.

I've watching this in Internet Explorer, so that's not the cause.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

avij wrote:
avij wrote:Normally I might not bother announcing minor updates like this, but because some past lighttpd upgrades have not been as painless as one would hope, I'm letting you all know that we're now running lighttpd 1.4.44. If there are problems, please let me know.
The same, but now we're running lighttpd 1.4.45. It's a "bug-fix-only release" so I'm not expecting problems.
We're now running a pre-release version of lighttpd 1.4.46. I'll be watching the logs closely during the next few days for any oddities.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

lmviterbo wrote: :o I had no idea! I had never clicked on "Generate Files"; in fact I think I hadn't noticed that link/function yet.
Obviously this is all up to Translation WG, but if I was in charge, I would consider giving negative the appropriate rights in Babel to edit the texts without having to bother others (well, an admin would still need to click the Generate files link after any changes, but still). There's a "Users" link at the bottom, next to that neglected Generate files link. If negative is approved to the group, the forum's Translators user group would also need to be adjusted (direct link, also accessible via User Control Panel's Usergroups tab).
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

avij wrote:Obviously this is all up to Translation WG, but if I was in charge, I would consider giving negative the appropriate rights in Babel to edit the texts.
Thanks for the suggestion and explanation of how to do it!

I took the liberty of doing it, even though I am not the WG's leader. klapotec, Claudio VdA, if you have anything against, sorry. :oops:

Otherwise:
negative, welcome to the Translators Working Group. The translation tool is named Babel and you may use it on a easy-to-remember link: https://eurobilltracker.com/babel. The password needed to enter is the same you use on the main site.

Also, you now have access to a hidden subforum for Translators. You may access it here or, from the Board Index, under a new section titled European Association of EuroBillTrackers, which you'll find below "Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)" section.

The Babel tool is really user-friendly and intuitive, but I've written a welcoming message with a very brief guide in the Translators subforum topic "I'm a new translator - help!"

I hope you find the time to contribute — you may do it at your own pace. Lithuanian is about 2/3 done so there's still a lot to do:
# of constants to translate: 505
# of translations out of date: 31
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

On the Dutch forum, someone posted a message that he noticed there are quite a number of new users who apparently had forgotten the password of their account (and therefor created a new one).

We know it's explained in the FAQ how to reset your password. But if you don't know your password anymore, you won't look there.

If you try to login with the wrong password you get a link "If you have forgotten your password, click here to set a new password. You will receive an email containing a link to a page where you can set your new password."

But if you don't know your password anymore, you won't enter a wrong password. So than you won't see the link above.

Is it possible to add a line for "I have an account, but can't remember my password" ?
In that case a visitor sees, that he doesn't have to register again if he doesn't remember his password.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

eddydevries wrote:On the Dutch forum, someone posted a message that he noticed there are quite a number of new users who apparently had forgotten the password of their account (and therefor created a new one).

We know it's explained in the FAQ how to reset your password. But if you don't know your password anymore, you won't look there.

If you try to login with the wrong password you get a link "If you have forgotten your password, click here to set a new password. You will receive an email containing a link to a page where you can set your new password."

But if you don't know your password anymore, you won't enter a wrong password. So than you won't see the link above.

Is it possible to add a line for "I have an account, but can't remember my password" ?
In that case a visitor sees, that he doesn't have to register again if he doesn't remember his password.
Following this:

Maybe this information can be added into the email you receive with a passive hit.
Especially those who have been inactive for a long while (like my hitpartner in my last hit who has been inactive since 2015). They probably don't remember their password.
If they want to enter notes again (which they are invited to do so in the e-mail) they need to reset their password. It would be more likely they return if they know how to do it.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL

Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Nice idea, it would be a neat little touch. :)
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

The printers list, the "tables" page, and your own note statistics page now have separate sections for first series notes and Europa series notes.

The links on the tables page have also been updated to filter the note list by note series, for example:
https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?t ... 0;series=1 -- shows only first series P/P 10e notes
https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?t ... 0;series=2 -- shows only Europa series P/P 10e notes

Links like https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?t ... P;s=P;d=10 which shows all P/P 10e notes regardless of note series still work for backward compatibility purposes. There might be a few links like this on this forum and elsewhere, but not on EBT itself.
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

avij wrote:The printers list, the "tables" page, and your own note statistics page now have separate sections for first series notes and Europa series notes.
Great! :D
Thank you avij!
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Our diffusion graphs can now handle Europa notes. There's a new dropdown selection at the top for selecting the note series.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Sorry for using this space only to thank you, avij, but I truly appreciate these improvements :!:
xja
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by xja »

If I remember correctly, when you click twice on a list heading, the listing order would reverse.
So if I click twice on days or km in a hit list, hits should be listed in reverse order with respect to distance or days.
It seems this doesn't work anymore for cities, even if I manually append

Code: Select all

;dir=ASC
to the URL.
If it's been always like this I apologise and ask for this feature instead.

Bye!
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

xja wrote:So if I click twice on days or km in a hit list, hits should be listed in reverse order with respect to distance or days.
You may be confusing two different hit lists.

I just checked and it works for your personal hit list (eurobilltracker.com/my_hits).

It does not work (and I believe it never did) for the New hits list under Statistics (eurobilltracker.com/hits). Honestly, I don't even see how it could work or with what purpose.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

It works in some places, but not everywhere.

Works (for example):
https://en.eurobilltracker.com/my_hits/ ... km;dir=ASC
https://en.eurobilltracker.com/my_hits/ ... m;dir=DESC

Does not (for example):
https://en.eurobilltracker.com/profile/ ... hitsort=km

As far as I can see, it's been like this since forever. I'm unsure what is the use case of seeing the shortest hits of a city..

Return to “Feedback and Development”