Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Google Maps Beta Test

Post by Nerzhul »

Please read:
Nerzhul wrote:If you are logged in there's now a new option to display your location data on the EBT dotmap.

It scales with the zoom level, i.e. on high zoom levels locations are aggregated on country level (levels 1-6), then city level (7-11) down to individual locations (12-18). This distribution is not final, e.g. I plan to add the concept of regions to EBT some time this year which'd fit the zoom levels 5-6 nicely.

Please note that cities are plotted by the average of all subsumed coordinates. So if a marker is way off there's probably an error in our location data. Simply give us a hint and be patient ;-)

Also note that locations are only displayed if there are coordinates assigned for this specific combination of city/postal code/country. Feel free to suggest coordinates if you find something missing.

Sorry, but currently there's no better way, but I'm working on a better coordinate database system.

Moreover, dotmaps are no longer in beta test and are now linked from the old EBT dotmaps (both Europe and World).

For your convenience when viewing someone else's map you can now also choose to display your own data. Of course this also only applies to users who are logged in at EBT. Unfortunately there's currently a distinction between sessions on ebt.com and ebt.eu. I'll have a look at this. For now you can simply either log in at both domains or alter the link you're opening if you want to use the personal features.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

Psst, coming soon to a Euro tracking site near you: The global dotmap

Who will be the first to finally track those last white dots in Spain and Ireland?
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

great !!!!!

in the past i've already got a blank dot in south west of France 8)
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
japh
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by japh »

Nerzhul wrote:Who will be the first to finally track those last white dots in Spain and Ireland?
At present a Dutch tourist, Skathalder, is entering notes in Ballina. If he were to take the N59 westwards to Bangor Co Mayo that would be 1 missing dot, should he continue westward on the R313 to Belmullet that would be another missing dot. And from there it would be only a short drive on the R313 and R314 to Barnatra and a 3rd missing dot. So, perhaps, 1 or more white dots will be coloured in the coming days.
doiknow
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by doiknow »

The Hagen-Iserlohn-Lüdenscheid dot is not colored. I guess this is not a bug but an undocumented feature? At least there seem to be notes entered in Hagen... :wink:
One Currency, one Union, one Eurobilltracker...
My dots are of the same order as 10.
japh
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by japh »

Well that didn't take long. Fjon has just entered some notes In Belturbet which should fill in the white dot covering part of Co. Cavan.

Edit. I see that Fjon has polished off the 3 white dots in Mayo with notes in Bangor, Belmullet and Barnatra.
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

japh wrote:Well that didn't take long. Fjon has just entered some notes In Belturbet which should fill in the white dot covering part of Co. Cavan.

Edit. I see that Fjon has polished off the 3 white dots in Mayo with notes in Bangor, Belmullet and Barnatra.
How funny - I didn't read this post, and just by accident those are exactly the places I picked my up notes from!
Now when's my dot for Currane, Co. Mayo going to appear? I entered it a month ago :(
That should be all the dots for ROI done.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

Nerzhul wrote:Psst, coming soon to a Euro tracking site near you: The global dotmap
This doesn't seem to work now. Three users (me among them) have noticed that in the spanish forum. Have you done any changes to the tool?
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

I am experiencing problems with the printing of the dotmap.

When I am preparing a dothunting tour, I like to print some maps with the dots ; and it is not functionning ; I have tried several printers and it print me a blank sheet...
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

dserrano5 wrote:
Nerzhul wrote:Psst, coming soon to a Euro tracking site near you: The global dotmap
This doesn't seem to work now. Three users (me among them) have noticed that in the spanish forum. Have you done any changes to the tool?
Huh, it's working right now :arrow:
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

My hitmap doesn't display any arrow, tested in Firefox 3.6.10 and Chrome 7.0.517.24 beta. Nerzhul's map works fine in both browsers though.
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

dserrano5 wrote:My hitmap doesn't display any arrow, tested in Firefox 3.6.10 and Chrome 7.0.517.24 beta. Nerzhul's map works fine in both browsers though.
Maybe it is not updated (yet) :?:

PS: Mine does work
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

Jes wrote:Maybe it is not updated (yet) :?:
Thinking about that, I waited some time before reporting. A day has passed and no arrows appear yet.
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

Hmmm, looks like a bug. I'll investigate later.
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

Still broken. Now I have 2 hits (had only 1 when I first reported this), but no arrows on the map. Firefox 3.6.13 and Chrome 9.0.597.19 on Ubuntu Linux.

Return to “Feedback and Development”