Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EBT feature suggestions

Post by MDeen »

dserrano5 wrote:
YCNZ wrote:3- There really has to be a homogenized version of city names OR simply register notes by postal code alone. Why I am saying this? You can find the city of Athens registered as Athens, Athina (which is how Athens is pronounced in greek but in latin characters) and also Αθήνα which is Athens in greek, or even A8hna or A8ina (in extreme cases - I am not aware of them in here but they exist in real life as sick, but real new "cool" spellings).
There is a one-an-only internal name. I second this suggestion, to use the "parent city" instead of individual locations. Or at least, to have the choice to do so. And show the parent city instead of the individual locations in the exported CSV files.
I am against this. In Germany it is custom to put every village (even if it has its own name) automatically under a communal name. Some time ago I entered notes in Hohegeiß which as you can see on google maps is a village on its own.
But when I look at the city profile, I entered them in Braunlage.
I do not want Braunlage in my statistics, I entered them in Hohegeiß.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

dserrano5 wrote:And show the parent city instead of the individual locations in the exported CSV files.
This is an idea I completely agree with. I may have suggested it myself before. Not only for exported CSV files but also for every internal calculation (but I believe this is already being done).
YCNZ
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by YCNZ »

MDeen wrote:
dserrano5 wrote:
YCNZ wrote:3- There really has to be a homogenized version of city names OR simply register notes by postal code alone. Why I am saying this? You can find the city of Athens registered as Athens, Athina (which is how Athens is pronounced in greek but in latin characters) and also Αθήνα which is Athens in greek, or even A8hna or A8ina (in extreme cases - I am not aware of them in here but they exist in real life as sick, but real new "cool" spellings).
There is a one-an-only internal name. I second this suggestion, to use the "parent city" instead of individual locations. Or at least, to have the choice to do so. And show the parent city instead of the individual locations in the exported CSV files.
I am against this. In Germany it is custom to put every village (even if it has its own name) automatically under a communal name. Some time ago I entered notes in Hohegeiß which as you can see on google maps is a village on its own.
But when I look at the city profile, I entered them in Braunlage.
I do not want Braunlage in my statistics, I entered them in Hohegeiß.

...and of course my suggestion can be modified for every country...there's no need to make this rule to apply to every single state. If it works well with Germany as it is, since there's only one spelling in most cases, then why not keep it as it is? I am sure there's a way to do it. But in other states, and especially those with non latin alphabets, this is an issue...
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Better yet, keep both the typed place ("city") and the city-profile name.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

YCNZ wrote: If it works well with Germany as it is, since there's only one spelling in most cases,
It is true that Germany uses the latin alphabet which eliminates a default second spelling completely, but...
http://www.eurobilltracker.com/util/dots.php?181,336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Múnich, München, Muenchen, Monaco, Monaco di Baviera, Munchen, Munich, Munique, Mníchov, Monachium. I am surprised noone has yet entered Minga.

But I am not against some form of autocorrect. I am against the use of the internal city profile, since the german users have set that up completely flawed (IMHO).
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

YCNZ wrote:1- The ability to sort all entries by serial number alone. It would be fun - and interesting - for instance, to somehow realize that I have entered a note from the same uncirculated bundle all out of a random
This is a bad idea, in my opinion. Users with bad intentions may start trying to "hit" the other notes in the same series when they see that they are close to other entries in the database.
vermeer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by vermeer »

Just seeing the hits of the new 2013 banknotes. Should be not that difficult to realize.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

vermeer wrote:Just seeing the hits of the new 2013 banknotes. Should be not that difficult to realize.
Second that. Only thing necessary is a selectionbox where you can enter the year. Just like there is one for the country.
And then also on the notes pages.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Has the Uservoice thing gone stale? No development has been announced there for some months now. Is the Development Team still following that? I like some of the most recent suggestions here but I'd prefer to vote there.
YCNZ
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by YCNZ »

Crazy Bob wrote:
YCNZ wrote:1- The ability to sort all entries by serial number alone. It would be fun - and interesting - for instance, to somehow realize that I have entered a note from the same uncirculated bundle all out of a random
This is a bad idea, in my opinion. Users with bad intentions may start trying to "hit" the other notes in the same series when they see that they are close to other entries in the database.
Well, this makes no sense though, as under "my notes" I can already see all my complete serial numbers I have ever entered. The difference is that now they are just arranged by time/date entered, so technically, even now, nothing stops me to do what you have just said, so your argument is not valid I am afraid. I still insist that a "sort by serial number" feature would be a fun stat to see.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

If it is for your notes only then that option is already there. Just click on the table header "Serial number".
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Yeah, the notes can be ordered by all of those factors (date, SN, printer code, city, country and postal code).
jonman
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by jonman »

lmviterbo wrote:Has the Uservoice thing gone stale? No development has been announced there for some months now. Is the Development Team still following that? I like some of the most recent suggestions here but I'd prefer to vote there.
well, apparently the development work group hasn’t been very active lately. i’m not sure if there is anybody in this work group apart from nerzhul, but whatever the case, it seems that things are not developed during his apparent absence. he was also the one who set up the uservoice web site, so i guess without him this web site won’t be effective either. from what i could gather from across the forum, we have nobody right now who is developing, only the pressing matters are taken care of by avij (e.g. allowing the new :note-5: to be entered).
My profile
22.9.14 90. :note-200: entered
9.9.14 50. :note-500: entered
17.8.14 300. hit occured
12.8.14 550. :note-100: entered
28.7.14 5000. :note-10: entered
16.11.13 3 years of EBT
10.9.13 25000. note entered
30.7.13 15000. :note-5: entered
23.7.13 2500. :note-20: entered
7.2.13 1000. :note-50: entered
€€F
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by €€F »

EBT is steady running , but I noticed no new features to see .. Is no one developping something so far? no to do list any more?
If you can't solve it it's not a problem..

my stats
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

I think the comment from jonman is still valid. I know avij is keeping the site running and making necessary changes when needed, but for the rest there is no active development crew to make new features. I have access to develop myself, but lack of time has prevented me to even start looking at the code. :oops: and :cry:

Return to “Feedback and Development”