EBT feature suggestions

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

Ord€p
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EBT feature suggestions

Post by Ord€p »

Hi. I have a problem in the Portuguese version of the site. When i enter a note that i had already inserted in the past, if i use the english version, theres is no problem when i click in the link to see the note. But, in the portuguese version, when i click the link to see the, it gives no results for the serial. In this message, In attachment, i include two images with the english version. In the next message, the images with the portuguese versin. Thanks.
english_1.jpg
english_1.jpg (31.73 KiB) Viewed 5897 times
english_2.jpg
english_2.jpg (40.84 KiB) Viewed 5897 times
Ord€p
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ord€p »

Portuguese version:
portuguese_1.jpg
portuguese_1.jpg (32.24 KiB) Viewed 5898 times
portuguese_2.jpg
portuguese_2.jpg (31.83 KiB) Viewed 5898 times
jonman
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by jonman »

Nerzhul wrote:
jonman wrote:hmm, i couldn’t find a thread for bugs, so i’m misusing this one, i hope it’s ok.
i noticed that the filter to show the hits of a city/region/country with a special country involved (e.g. all the hits of vienna with germany involved) doesn’t work in the moment.
This should be fixed now.
thanks, nerzhul :D
My profile
22.9.14 90. :note-200: entered
9.9.14 50. :note-500: entered
17.8.14 300. hit occured
12.8.14 550. :note-100: entered
28.7.14 5000. :note-10: entered
16.11.13 3 years of EBT
10.9.13 25000. note entered
30.7.13 15000. :note-5: entered
23.7.13 2500. :note-20: entered
7.2.13 1000. :note-50: entered
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

Ord€p wrote:Hi. I have a problem in the Portuguese version of the site. When i enter a note that i had already inserted in the past, if i use the english version, theres is no problem when i click in the link to see the note. But, in the portuguese version, when i click the link to see the, it gives no results for the serial. In this message, In attachment, i include two images with the english version. In the next message, the images with the portuguese versin. Thanks.
Hmmm, I'm not sure how to help you. Works for me... which browser are you using?
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
Ord€p
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ord€p »

Nerzhul wrote:Hmmm, I'm not sure how to help you. Works for me... which browser are you using?
I'm using IE8/IE9.
Ord€p
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ord€p »

I tried in Chrome and worked. Here are the differences between the link in IE and Chrome:

IE: pt.eurobilltracker.com/my_notes/?find=número de série%3AM84XXXXXXXX
Chrome: pt.eurobilltracker.com/my_notes/?find=n%C3%BAmero%20de%20s%C3%A9rie:M84XXXXXXXX
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE

Post by an-148 »

https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=103697467" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the mistake in the first registration will never be rectified by the first user
could it become a priority in Avij & Nerzhul "to do list",: having the location moderators able to correct those simple but disturbing errors (especially if the error is evident and also when its evident that the first user will never again touch to it because of no more interrest) !!

because:
- all visitors of the site who see that kind of hits think the ebt-website is not serious ...... and go their way without joining !
- all the stats of users (like me?) who spend hours and hours in ebt are uncorrect: instead of 7 Spain hits, I have still 6 :evil: :evil:
- it should not be so difficult to implement this function in the software, I guess !
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

When you are on the page with your notes, you have the option to search in your notes (the input box below the logout link with the Image Image buttons).

The caption for the Image button is "find in this ranking". It would be great if it actually did search in the list you have there, so that if you do one search, then a second search would be done on the results of the first search. At present it always searches in all my notes.
Example: If i search for E001 notes, I get 101 entries, then I want all :flag-fi: notes from this list and enter L0 but then it returns 10124 notes, also all notes with shortcode starting with L0.

Or is there a trick to get all :flag-fr: / :flag-fi: notes in one search?
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by googlejaps »

MDeen wrote:When you are on the page with your notes, you have the option to search in your notes (the input box below the logout link with the Image Image buttons).

The caption for the Image button is "find in this ranking". It would be great if it actually did search in the list you have there, so that if you do one search, then a second search would be done on the results of the first search. At present it always searches in all my notes.
Example: If i search for E001 notes, I get 101 entries, then I want all :flag-fi: notes from this list and enter L0 but then it returns 10124 notes, also all notes with shortcode starting with L0.

Or is there a trick to get all :flag-fr: / :flag-fi: notes in one search?
Always when I want to do a complicated search, I use the support tool to select multiple notes. Then it's easy to (for instance) get a list of all cities where you entered a R001/X :note-10:.
bob9
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by bob9 »

Are we allowed to campaign for our own suggestions in this thread? I know you all want this to happen so go vote for it :) http://ebt.uservoice.com/forums/127893- ... rt-new-not" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cash is king. | My EBT profile
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

What I've never understood is that when you want to download your hits or notes, there is a link in the hits and notes page that takes you to another page where there is only a link to download the hits or notes.

Wouldn't it be better if the link on the hits or notes page directly downloads your notes? I would prefer it that way.
chrishos04
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by chrishos04 »

First of all I would like to say thank you to all the programmers and helpers of EBT for the huge task to keep this project running in their free time. :D

As I am always interested in the hit ratios of cities, users etc. I wonder if it is possible to show the ratios of the last 12 months in the profiles. The current profile shows only the hit ratio of the whole EBT life.

The problem is if in the early times of EBT with bad hit ratios there had been a user entering lots of notes who is not active anymore since years now, the ratio still is on a very high level. Best examples for me is the town of Wetzlar :flag-de:. I would only like to know what the current hit ratios are to have a feeling where I have the best chances to find hit notes... 8)

And in the end if there is a table or - I barely dare to mention it - a map showing it that would be great.
debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by debemaks »

I suggest if it is possible to see Diffusion page from the opposite point of view.

Now we can browse per value and country, then choose the banknote letter and then to see, per short code , the spread of the notes.

Is possible to see the spread of the notes per country, filtering per short code??

Example: enter E006/P and see the spread of the countries where such combination has been entered! (Italy 23%, Germany 15%, France 9%, Nederlands 5%....)
I collect and swap 2€ CC, PM for swap!!!!
Do you like card fighting games? Try this one!!
www.palerici.it - Skype: debemaks - my NIG stats
my EBTST stats
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

That would be interesting indeed (even when percentages in my country would be under-represented due to the small number of trackers :)).
jrnsndrs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jrnsndrs »

More or less the same, just less detailled if I got it right: On the notes-tables page, selecting notes from country only.
"of all wars, religious wars are the most detestable, since they are waged for no tangible gain, but only to impose a set of arbitrary credos on another."
--- Unspiek baron Bodissey.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Return to “Feedback and Development”